Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an exemption to RPZ for this?

Options
  • 27-07-2021 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭

Just chatting to my uncle who is a business owner and he was telling me he is looking at selling 2 properties he owns. A 4 bed house and a 2 bed apartment, both in Dublin suburbs so in a RPZ. The properties are both let to employees, 2 guys in the apartment and 4 guys in the house. Small enough rent, both rental incomes are approx 50% of market rents. But it enables him to employ these 6 guys and let them live in Dublin and he'd just get walloped on tax anyway so he kept it low. It's deducted from pay, all above board, all tax paid.

If he sells, the house will attract significant interest from families to sell but the apartment might not.

If an investor was to buy these, is the possible rental income capped at his current rental income plus inflation rate or is there some sort of exemption for cases like this? All I can find is an exemption for significant upgrades and also for when the property isn't rented for 2 years...obviously the property value to an investor will be negatively impacted if rent can't be increased.

Comments

Advertisement