Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

g0g wrote: »
    Thanks yeah was thinking similar. Is it same Dickens set from Christmas? If so I have it already but wasnt sure

Yeah think same set.

Pre-ordered the castle in the forest set from the Bricklink designer program about an hour ago. Glad I managed to pick one up. Looks like it's sold out now. Will go v nicely with the Medieval Blacksmit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

RGARDINR wrote: »
    The Han Solo one? Ordered that other day it's arriving on Saturday was v good price, same with 3 lego base plates, 1 green 1 blue and 1 white. Have ninjago set ordered but not in stock until 12th to 29th July. Hopefully not charged anything extra on it when it does be sent.

the mini MF like £5 aye? ya best price really (doubt we could ever get that in euro). it should come with our madeleine tray on this saturday.

i worried abit on the extra charge as well but i think that's sorted from amazon's end, i dont suppose they would charge us extra lol.

Pre-ordered the castle in the forest set from the Bricklink designer program about an hour ago. Glad I managed to pick one up. Looks like it's sold out now. Will go v nicely with the Medieval Blacksmit.

ye that project is buzzing alright, i quite like the sets there, apparently they have been doing it for couple of years now.

Castle set looks quite nice actually, but come on, how could they be sold out so fast if it is like a crowfunded project *facepalm*

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/215665/Castle-in-the-Forest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ye that project is buzzing alright, i quite like the sets there, apparently they have been doing it for couple of years now.

Castle set looks quite nice actually, but come on, how could they be sold out so fast if it is like a crowfunded project *facepalm*

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/215665/Castle-in-the-Forest

That's €750,000 taken from 5000 orders in a tiny period of time. Madness.

• Advertisement

I think the idea was that wouldn't produce any unless they could sell a min of 3k sets so not quite crowd funding but close enough for their purposes.

Considering how quick it sold out, I've no doubt that set could go full production and sell extremely well. Or possibly we'll get a castle line for adults soon

Looks lovely well done

the mini MF like £5 aye? ya best price really (doubt we could ever get that in euro). it should come with our madeleine tray on this saturday.

i worried abit on the extra charge as well but i think that's sorted from amazon's end, i dont suppose they would charge us extra lol.
    Yeah great price for the set can't see ever being cheaper now. Yeah I think with amazon all good there that won't be charged extra hopefully but hopefully not charged any handling fees I see people mentioning coming from the UK.

Was in smyths Blanchardstown was happy enough they had lego star wars 75248 resistance A-wing starfighter full price at 29, just 1 set randomly there. But retired set and wasn't showing on their website anymore so grabbed it as don't have it.

Lego Seinfeld officially announced.

LEGO-Ideas-21328-Seinfeld-1.jpg

€79.99 out on August 1st (or July 21 to VIPs). 1326 pieces

• Advertisement

Lego Seinfeld officially announced.

LEGO-Ideas-21328-Seinfeld-1.jpg

€79.99 out on August 1st (or July 21 to VIPs). 1326 pieces
    massive fan of Seinfeld so will get this but down the line. A lot of good releases at moment and up coming, could of done with a lot less coming out as so many coming out within space of few wks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

The Lego UCS Republic Gunship has been unveiled

It's lovely lookin, but only 2 mini figs by the look of things. c3300 pieces and €350

lol the new layout is weird

and yes, that lego gunship reveal should have been done it during that lego-con. It looks nice but goddamn it looks so empty i.e. too big lol, i would prefer the previous smaller version, better minifig scaled. and ye this big one with that price tag, come on, 2 minifigs only?

Really want the UCS gunship now. Was meant to be saving for it but spent all the dosh so won't be a day 1 sadly. But I'm worried I won't have the space for it as the width is the length I believe so it's pretty big for set up I have. Agree with minifigures but looking at YouTube videos fans wanted other minifigures lego just went with them 2, should of been another 1 or 2 for sure. Would of loved to have gotten the minifigure scale version of it when was out. I picked up the Anakin's pod racer 20th anniversary edition in Ken Black's in portlaoise yesterday so little lego fix there. Welcome back people by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Was planning on making some purchases with the double vip which i thought was running until today..can't see it on the website at the moment though, is it already over?

thinking that must have been for US only :<

It was indeed running til the 18th so anything you purchased until yesterday would have yielded double points.

They did have an issue on the site where double points only showed up upon dispatch (rather than being displayed on check-out) but it was live until yesterday.

Seems gift with purchase from August 1st will be a yacht looks nice in the video I just watched about it. 200 dollars spend to get it tho, so I presume 200 euro. Also he mentioned in the video that there is a rumour Home Alone house coming end of September or early October and will be 100 dollars. If that price won't look as good as people were hoping for I say.

aye i have seen that yacht, dont mind to have it (i could get R2).

Speaking of news, rumoured Marios's Peach Castle is coming, there is a nice moc i saw looks damn good so hopefully the official set can be impressive as well

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFPQ7BGjGAo/?utm_source=ig_embed

Looks nice now. It's meant to be micro minifigure size tho for the set. Just rang lego and cancelled my star wars bad batch order as out 1st August so I might order it again and vader's Castle on the day to get the yacht. No point not getting something free as well.

• Advertisement

oh ye i heard people mentioned microfigs yes, hmmm, it could be nice actually, i like micro build (so i can put it on my desk aha)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

There’s a new rumor about the next LEGO Ideas set to be released and it is said to be the Home Alone McCallister’s House (21329). Coming from brick_clicker on Instagram, it is said the set will have a late September release with a $100 price point.

If this is true I’m devastated - I hoped and expected this to be like the original - a 3,000 piece doll house type set like the haunted house.

at $100 it’s a complete waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Saw that. It’ll be another set type nonsense. Maybe the staircase and the kitchen or the like. Hugely disappointing

ah i heard that Vidiyo bandmaid (small box) is giving out free in UK tesco/extra etc lol

and just today i heard also apparently some LEGO VIP accounts could get a free Vidiyo bandmaid (1 per household), go check out your account (i dont see it on mine :()

I looked there nothing on mine either sadly. Yeah use to be great when you got the free polybags of the lego from Smyths etc. With coupon from the paper.

Anyone picking up any sets on August 1st to get the yacht promo? If so what ones? Still in 2 minds as there is loads I want but there is a retired set on adverts so I might have to spend money on that instead, have a budget of 200 for lego in August and will be half of it gone on set on adverts so not 100% sure to do.

I really struggled to find a new set to pick up for the x2 VIP points and mini-Adidas shoe, settling on the Friends Apartment. I still have a few moderate interest sets in my wish list (Jurassic Park gate, Ecto-1, Batmobile, NES) but I either don't have enough interest to splash that much cash on them or I have similar (Ghostbusters House and Ideas Ecto). So for me, I'd love to find something that I could pick it up but there's just not enough out there that I really want right now.

Nice sets on your wish list to look to get tho. I might just pick up the set I'm looking at on adverts myself as I will be kicking myself down the line if I don't. New star wars sets coming out so I will get them down the line just more playing catch up on some older sets I want. Space wise put up some more shelves but that's it now I have no more space now to put any more lego out, kinda makes it silly buying more sets but I still do. Majority in the eves but down the line might get them out haha when kids move out in 20+ years.

Amelia Earhart GWP is now available for 1500 VIP points on the Lego Store

• Advertisement

So seems home alone house will be 250 dollars and not 100 dollars as said a few wks back.

Advertisement