Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Huge win tonight, crucial that we won. that's 2 big away wins in a row now, hopefully a sign of things to come

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Even if they can ensure that they don't finish bottom they'd have a fair chance of winning a playoff against a Div 1 team.

Cause for optimism in the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

If he keeps this up Bircham will be linked with the Spurs job !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

If he keeps this up Bircham will be linked with the Spurs job !!!!

Good one, a step down though to spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Pa Barrett will be playing tonight albeit for St Pat's. Let's hope he will be kind to his former team haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

Pa Barrett will be playing tonight albeit for St Pat's. Let's hope he will be kind to his former team haha!

He can call home at half time for a cuppa shur

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Good performance tonight in the rsc 1-1,waterford well on top for most of the game unlucky to not have won by a few goals.new manager has them playing well

I think Bircham has to take a lot of credit for setting this team down and getting them playing with confidence.

I see he took a training session with the Bohs U16s the other night and the bauld Damian Tiernan was there smiling with his whistle like butter wouldn't melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Very promising start for Bircham. A few additions in the window and we should be able to pull away from Longford and get after Harps/Dundalk. Longford have no money for additions and Dundalk are more likely to lose players than add any. Harps have no money either but Ollie will find a couple of players under a rock.

Crucial run of fixtures coming up in July:

- Derry away
    - Finn Harps away
    - Sligo at home
    - Drogheda away

The above fixtures may make or break the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah suppose it's good to get a point and as the previous poster said next games are massive for us

The new manager has improved us massively and what he's doing seems to be working for this group of players

Tbh Sheridan had us playing well and I think we would of got to Europe last season if he had stayed. Thinking back is so infuriating, if we had beaten Finn Harps the last day we would of got there

Very important to get the right players in to keep us up in the Premier league this season, and hopefully we will be in a position with the new owners to actually sign players that we can keep at the club and offer proper contracts to keep players for the next few years.. Bircham is a breath of fresh air at the club and should be nailed down for a few seasons with a proper contract to keep him here.. Harps and Derry games are massive next month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

hardybuck wrote: »
    I think Bircham has to take a lot of credit for setting this team down and getting them playing with confidence.

I see he took a training session with the Bohs U16s the other night and the bauld Damian Tiernan was there smiling with his whistle like butter wouldn't melt.

Damien just had to get his head in there somewhere

Jamie Mascoll and Adam O'Reilly have both left the club at the end of their loan deals.

Mascoll stood out for me as a good signing. Scored a goal, 4-5 assists - any should have had a few more but for poor finishing. Got plenty of crosses into the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Great win last weekend. A corner turned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

He has them playing great stuff, a really enjoyable game i found watching it on the app. A massive 3 points considering we made ground on Harps.

Hopefully catch Sligo on the hop tomorrow at home.. We should be a lot fresher than Rovers after their European match midweek

Great win today, we're going in the right direction. Only 1pt between us and Finn Harps now

Whats the story with Daryl Murphy, he hasn't been in any squads for the last while ?

Massive 3 points.. Looking very positive for us going forward now..

Regarding Daryl Murphy, i heard he got a very bad dose of Covid and has been slow recovering from it

Crazy night for us tonight in the cup away to Athlone Town. up 2-0 at one point, then 2-1 a few mins later 2-2 then we go 3-2 down and then 3-3 games goes to extra time. We score in the 122 min 4-3 and then a freak (but amazing) shot by Athlone to level the game 4-4 and game goes to penalties. We win 4-2 on penalties

https://fb.watch/6W_44G35HU/

• Advertisement

we have drawn non league side Kilnamanagh AFC at home in the 2nd round of the cup

Never heard of them before but nice draw for us esp been at home

Kilnamanagh are a Leinster Senior League side from Tallaght. Supposed to be a great community club who are on the up after a few difficult years, good article about them here: https://www.the42.ie/kilnamanagh-leinster-senior-league-keith-foy-5303608-Jan2021/

Drawing them at home is the ideal scenario. I can't remember when we last had a good run in the cup. If they get into the third round a few handy sides like Sligo and either of Bohs/Shamrock Rovers won't be left in the competition - so anything is possible.

Bohs v Rovers

Harps v Derry

2 more will be gone.. It's a great draw for the Blues..

I'm telling ya.. Our name is on the cup this year 🤣🤣🏆

We fecked up in 2018 against UCD in the QFs. We took them for granted. Don't think we would of won the cup that year but would of been a great buzz for the a cup semi final

I'd say a lot of Kilnamanagh supporters will make the trip down be wined and dined no doubt.

We had some Craic up in the student bar in the Q Final tho.. Pints were only €4 🍻😂😂

best of luck to blues tonight, think we owe Drogheda one after the games so far this season!

I see bastien hery has joined Derry for rest of season, was some talk of him coming back to us but didn't happen.

Ye, definitely owe the Drogs one.. Always a hard place to get a result.. Hopefully another 3 points tonight

super win tonight and valuable 3 points which puts us above harps for the moment. team playing really well and results showing it. well done blues !

• Advertisement

Massive 3 points last nite

Onwards and upwards #BLUES ⚽💙

Advertisement