Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got the letter to say DE IBAN setup in May and then told by customer care (well after a 30 minute wait I tried sales and got someone in Limerick) that tried to take it and it didn't work

At times youd say is all this worth it, but then not paying for banking at times is priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭jrmb

jeffk wrote: »
    Got the letter to say DE IBAN setup in May and then told by customer care (well after a 30 minute wait I tried sales and got someone in Limerick) that tried to take it and it didn't work

At times youd say is all this worth it, but then not paying for banking at times is priceless
    Do you have an account anywhere with an Irish IBAN? I gave Vodafone my credit union IBAN to see if it worked as a workaround. It did, and then I changed my payment preference to my N26 debit card.

jrmb wrote: »
    Do you have an account anywhere with an Irish IBAN? I gave Vodafone my credit union IBAN to see if it worked as a workaround. It did, and then I changed my payment preference to my N26 debit card.

Yeah i have a credit union and ebs one, but I pay the bills as parents older so handy to get notified when payment taken

But I might just go with credit union as the app is sightly out of dark ages and can use fingerprint to unlock (not there usual text two factor messing)

jeffk wrote: »
    Yeah i have a credit union and ebs one, but I pay the bills as parents older so handy to get notified when payment taken

But I might just go with credit union as the app is sightly out of dark ages and can use fingerprint to unlock (not there usual text two factor messing)

I found that they really only take the Irish IBAN as a formality (although that's still against the rules). Immediately when the account is open, you can change your payment preference to debit card and give your N26 details. I've only ever paid Vodafone that way.

Definitely report this company to the CCPC. Say that their practice restricts your freedom to use the SEPA account of choice, reduces the number of phone/broadband providers you can choose from, and requires people to get (and probably pay for) a banking service they mightn't want. None of this is allowed, and more people need to flag it.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Quick Head up/warning.

I've shared my Referral code across a good few websites (made a decent buck of it).

N26 has now disabled my ability to refer a friend. Just a heads-up for anyone doing similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The refer a friend is limited to 100 friends (1500€).

15account-terms-and-conditions-friend-referral-3.0-en.pdf (n26.com)

They have a partner program available if you have more friends and want to do this commercially.

Is anyone else having A LOT of declined payments with a virtual card?

Just tried to pay my car insurance and declined, same at a hotel a few weeks ago

Using revolut with no issues (got a free physical card send out via a deal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭user1842

Yeah its basically your card on the app etc unless you pay E10 delivery ("free" banking) to get a physical one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Is your first card not free with N26? I mean including postage. I don't think I paid anything for mine, although I signed up a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

No. The virtual card is free not the physical one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

N26 chat is very hit and miss. I made a complaint to them which was upheld. Luckily I had a transcript. Operatives gave wrong info, denied I had a n26 you account when I had. Would seriously reconsider using them as if you have problems nowhere to go to.

In saying that used their Mastercard in England and it worked perfectly.

I also found it quite cumbersome to open an account. Id has to be resubmitted many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Just got a notification for an authorised transaction of $50 from some restaurant in Texas which was immediately refunded. If I try to get help on it I'm sent into an endless loop of pressing "Get help on this transaction" which opens the chatbot which tells me to press "Get help on this transaction". Anyone had anything like this before? Since it was immediately refunded I'm inclined to think it's some error rather than my card being compromised.

Edit: As soon as I posted this there was a second transaction for a larger amount, the first must have been a test. Cancelled my card and the payment is on hold.

Post edited by TheChizler on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Did you report the matter or just cancel the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The most recent transaction seemed to break the infinite loop with support so I was able to report both charges. They're listed as on hold now, still down some money in the meantime.

Not sure how my details could have been compromised, haven't used my physical card in months, just Google Pay. Only unusual online payment was this morning actually, got a text from An Post for customs charges I was expecting, paid through the official An Post website so unless their payment provider is scamming people that's likely a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I referred my wife last week and she made a revolut top-up of over 50 euros using her N26 virtual MasterCard but we still didn't receive the referral bonus. Does she needs to order a physical card and make a transaction with it in order to qualify for the referral bonus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is there any point trying a chargeback for an item I bought on a Japanese auction site?

Item never came.

It got to portlaoise sorting office, didn't move for a few weeks and sent back.

Auction site says they are not responsible and no way of contacting seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

You sure you didn't get an email about customs charges?

Positive.

Was just onto an post and all they could tell me was couldnt say for certain but usually reason would be either damaged packaging or problem with address.

Of course open a charge back, you did not get the goods. Same thing happened to me for the Google store, never got earphones, according to tracking they were stuck somewhere. Got my money back via charge back on N26.

• Advertisement

Yeah I have done.

It's a funny one with this Japanese site.

I pay the winning bid plus some fees then 10 days later I have to pay a second amount for international shipping and packaging + fees.

It's like a couple of different people get the funds.

One payment was 67 euro and the other was 65.

Will n26 get money off seller,audition site, shipping co.??

They will get the money off the bank (PSP) who provides the cards acceptance facilities to the merchant. That bank will thus get the funds off the merchant plus a hefty fee. Of course that's if N26 accept your charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

They are looking for written confirmation of goods not received.

Is that just a letter signed by me saying I didn't get the item?

Also they want proof of attempted resolution with merchant.

I can't see anyway of contacting seller

The tracking number should be enough to prove you did not get the goods. Also include the invoice/confirmation email that included the tracking number.

You can specify there are no contact details for the merchant (that is very strange).

For me I had a email chain from Google, over a month, saying they were looking into it, but never did.

When you get a new card (e.g. by switching from Basic to Metal like I did), your previous cards are de-activated. I had to change my card details to continue paying for a whole list of services. Did you get a physical card recently?

Oddly, when you get a paid N26 account, you can order an extra coloured card (same account, different card details) for free, so the room for confusion is huge.

No I never got a physical card as I said what's the point paying E10 delivery for "free" banking and luckily had revolut to fall back on

Think I'm finished with N26,I don't think revolut customer care is any better but you're given less reasons to have to contact them

Did you freeze the card or exceed/reduce your daily spending limit? Are you using Spaces? Your overall balance could be higher than the funds in your debit card wallet. I've never had a problem like the ones you're describing.

No I did nothing different to what I usually do and randomly can't use it in some places, doesn't make sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I referred my wife. She doesn't have the physical card but added the virtual one to Google Pay.

She bought a pair of runners with it (using Google Pay) which cost €50 in a shop on Friday and that night we both got €50.

So she basically got her runners for free

Advertisement