Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Home Delivery

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Cian59 wrote: »
    Yeah, I just thought there could be a way of just booking the slot and adding the stuff later. I dread the day I forget to update the order and 30 euro worth of randomness arrives on my doorstep.

Hah true... make sure to order non perishable random items in your initial checkout!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Is anyone having problems with payment not going through for online Tesco shopping today? Was contacted twice by Tesco, my payment not coming through. Apparently there is plenty of customers having the same problem. AIB and tsb cards being refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Bellie1

Yeah happened us once a few weeks ago. Went through ok twice since though

It must be recent problem. Contacted the bank and apparently Tesco website is not up to speed on security. That's why payments doesn't go through, merchant is not complying with the level of security for card payments. That's what I was told by AIB helpline. Tesco says it's affecting AIB and tsb customers. At the end payed over the phone and it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭nothing

Happened to me 2 weeks ago too, tsb card, but went through fine on the phone, and last weeks shop had no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

How did you manage to pay over the phone ?

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Tesco would not let me pay over the phone

Girl from Tesco asked me if I want to try that way. So I went for it. At the end she said for some people it didn't work that way either. When driver came, he had another 4 orders in the truck going back to the shop, because payments didn't come through. I've never had such a problem and shopping online with Tesco for some 4 years. Sometimes I wasn't able to pay using android app, but always was able to pay via browser on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭nothing

Manager took my card number etc, and I knew the payment hadn't been through already as there was nothing gone in the bank app, and his number was one digit off the delivery driver numbers I had saved. He was wary I'd think it was a scam, so maybe it depends on the individual store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Anyone using home delivery for food is mad? The thoughts of someone picking out the food I am going to consume doesn't appeal to me. You don't know who they are, whether the food is fresh or is it just the first thing grabbed off the self, also the person doing the picking is probably on 0 hours contract and not paid for being sick and could be picking your food and coughing and spluttering all over the food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Rather strange thing to say... do you imagine the person putting the stuff on the shelves is in a hazmat suit so it is sterile for you shopping in store?

Unless you never eat out or order takeaway it is also strange to think that about someone picking out what you eat.

I have been using Tesco and the freshness and dates of the produce picked has been very good.

Have had a few items damaged or bruised in the delivery crates... but very much the exception rather than the rule.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

I found both Tesco and SuperValu excellent for home delivery. My local SuperValu even rings to run though any out of stock items & make suggestions for alternatives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Has anyone tried the Dunnes delivery service? It's just that they started offering it here in Louth where I live.

Advertisement