Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowpiercer [TNT/Netflix] (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For this week's episode
    cool visual at the end with the spiral.
    Liked the callback to Ruth threatening to freeze the wee girl's arm.
    Maybe next week will be the episode that ties into the end of last week.

Looking at the episode list on netflix, it looks like there's a week break after next week then they're doing a double episode for the finale on the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.7: Woah!
    Miss Audrey and Kevin!
    :eek: Gonna be
    a big fight next week I think!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Caught the first two episodes of season 2 and while I still have my reservations the show definitely amped up a little in quality. The presence of Sean Beans Wilfred a big boon, re-establishing the sense of the macabre sometimes lost in season 1s pedestrian, lazy murder mystery. But I wish the show engaged with the crazy a little more than it does; it's all so inherently silly, and there are clear flourishes like Icy Bob or the scientist couple, but it only ever seems to indulge in the oddball here and there, playing it over-sincere the rest of the time. It can't seem to decide what tone it wants to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Great Episode today but I didn't understand one thing.
    Why were Roche and his family put into the freezer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

shawki wrote: »
    Great Episode today but I didn't understand one thing.
    Why were Roche and his family put into the freezer?

I'm guessing because Wilford knew he didn't have Roche's support but he didn't want to straight up execute him and his family

• Advertisement

2.8: Felt like a season finale.. but there are two episodes left and
    Sean Bean is still alive!
    These times skips in the last episode and now this one are getting hard to track. Guessing they'll fill in some bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

what a great episode. Just shows how bad revolutionaries can be at playing politics. Unfortunately the passengers seem to want order over freedom and a lot of characters who were trying to be good people were sacrificed. Probably the best non- Melanie episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

what a great episode. Just shows how bad revolutionaries can be at playing politics. Unfortunately the passengers seem to want order over freedom and a lot of characters who were trying to be good people were sacrificed. Probably the best non- Melanie episode.

Be interesting to see what happens, you'd have to think Wilfrid would just **** the tail straight out the side door into the snow, if he takes control.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I just learned today that Bess is Stings daughter.

Wow, not going to be able to unsee the resemblance now!

• Advertisement

The next episode is a two hour season finale.

A really good double episode season finale and that wasn't the character I was expecting to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

A really good double episode season finale and that wasn't the character I was expecting to die.

Yup same here. Great finale tbh are we getting a 3rd season?

sioda wrote: »
    Yup same here. Great finale tbh are we getting a 3rd season?

Yes they renewed it for a 3rd season.

I've come to a shocking conclusion: Wilford is not a nice guy.
    Poor Javi. Not a nice way to go, assuming it was fatal.

Melanie wasn't there but maybe she set off for one of the warm spots, though warm is a relative term in this.

I guess Ruth will be a force on the Big Alice end.

And does that mean Wilford is driving his own train, or maybe Javi's still alive after all.

So who was working Layton's job before him? And is there similar on Snowpiercer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

A very good final episode. Not sure I'm happy what they did with the Melanie storyline in the end. A lot of tense and funny parts in those two episodes. Definitely couldn't binge this show- too much happens each episode.

2.9: This
    time jump and Andre being so embedded in the composting process feels wierd. Anyway, all that aside, I think a full case of whodunit has been setup because (it's Sean Bean so) Mr Wilford is gonna get killed.. just who's gonna do it. I reckon they're gonna go for a big surprise so Miss Audrey kinda jumps out as a candidate for me. Possibly she'll take over the train for next season (if there is one).

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Really enjoyed the 2nd season, glad to see it renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I enjoyed the finale.Im glad it's been renewed.
    Not sure how it'll play out
    since I'd imagine all the food is on the other train now
    I'd be worried for
    Ruth,
    I've no doubt Mr.Wilford won't make it easy for her.
    I'd been told there was a death in the finale but it wasn't who I thought it'd be at all.
    I was thinking it might have been Zara killed to get back at Layton.
    I do love Sean Bean in this though.He does megalomania very well.

• Advertisement

Finished! Overall season 2 was a good continuation of the first. Definitely lookin forward to a season 3. Guessing
    there'll be a war!

2.10:
    Sean Beans alive!!
    :eek:
    Bit of a surprise there about Melanie.. but I'm not counting out her returning. Damn, Javis death!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Jennifer Connelly / Melanie Cavill is booked for Season 3, whether it is for flashbacks or she is actually alive is unknown!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still a good few episodes behind having finished episode 3 but damn if Sean Bean hasn't been a rocket up the bum for the show. Every scene he's in bristles with charismatic malevolent energy. You totally buy into this cult of personality going on in Big Alice.

I do laugh each time Till swans about in her dramatic coat. Popped collar n all, like when she became train detective she figured she needed to look the part :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭fitz

pixelburp wrote: »
    Still a good few episodes behind having finished episode 3 but damn if Sean Bean hasn't been a rocket up the bum for the show. Every scene he's in bristles with charismatic malevolent energy. You totally buy into this cult of personality going on in Big Alice.

I do laugh each time Till swans about in her dramatic coat. Popped collar n all, like when she became train detective she figured she needed to look the part :D

Sean Bean is terrifically loathsome in the part, and really delivers on the promise of the almost mythical presence hinted at in the first season. Season two built brilliantly on the first, I think, and has set things up for an intriguing season 3.

Also, dunno if it's just me, but some of the outdoor/landscape shots this season were breathtaking, and are a welcome break from the confines of the train.

Sean Bean gave me pause at first because of Game of Thrones and his prior reputation for his characters getting killed. Didn't know how that rep would work in my absorbing the story.

fitz wrote: »
    Sean Bean is terrifically loathsome in the part, and really delivers on the promise of the almost mythical presence hinted at in the first season. Season two built brilliantly on the first, I think, and has set things up for an intriguing season 3.

Also, dunno if it's just me, but some of the outdoor/landscape shots this season were breathtaking, and are a welcome break from the confines of the train.

Props to the FX department are due. Cos even though this is basically Bottle Episode: The Series, it wouldn't work so well if the effects didn't adequately stress just how insanely cold and forsaken the outside world was. Shows how far TV level FX has come that the snow and ice looks quite authentic; those moments when Snowpiercer hits a snow drift it feels impactful, heavy.

I thought the corkscrew or whatever they called it looked great with the red lights

Bit behind on this as I play catch-up on a tonne of shows; finally finished up the second season and ... damn. I was always fairly ambivalent about season 1 but cards on the table, this show has become one of my favourites on TV. Sean Bean's inclusion has coincided with a much tighter, more focused plot while its ensemble's rough edges have been rounded off (Zara's still a terrible character tho'). Ruth a good example of a bit of a one-note character who acquired more depths and layers during the second run.

Looking forward to the 3rd season without any qualms: my only hope is that the showrunners know where it's all heading; as much as I've been enjoying myself, it feels like there's only so much story left on Snowpiercer. If this finished up after a 3rd, maybe a 4th season, that'd feel the right length.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Renewed for a 4th Season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Thought that was a typo!👍

Season 3 must be looking good if season 4 has already been given the green light.🤞

Advertisement