Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Not MW or VHF but all day yesterday there was a strong signal which I failed to i.d on 6375khz -- oddly playing music and some Radio Caroline recordings on USB - Upper Side Band .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

That's a short wave frequency, if I am not mistaken? Was it coming from somewhere on the east coast of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

I've no idea Declan -- there were some Irish tunes in there .

I was listening on a XDATA D-808 in the garden and thought the audio sounded terrible .

Turning on my "big" receiver and antenna the penny dropped that it was on Upper sideband .

I can't find any reference to it anywhere -- maybe I was the only listener !

One recording being played kept mentioning Radio Caroline with a male and female presenter on air .

Anyway thought I'd mention it even though it's outside MW and VHF.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Seems to have a carrier today !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Club FM on 107.1 in Dublin this evening, very strong signal. According to their Facebook post, it's there for the bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

I came across Club fm a Few weekends back on 107.1 i did indeed notice clubs Signal really has improved from past. With also a new Jingle package sounding very fresh.

Nice work there by the Club fm guys club are also broadcasting on free DaB in Dublin and Cork Nice affords put in by Obvious Radio Enthusiasts within Club fm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Regarding Dublin, what about 107,9? Wasn't there some kind of "X Radio"? Did they shut down transmission?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

xfm.

seased transmissions around 2005 but were irregular on fm before hand since the black tuesday raids of 2003.

had been online also for a few years before hand and after seasing on fm were online only, regular broadcasts i think lasted until 2007.

the odd online broadcast happened since then with old programs and automated music but there haven't been any since 2018 or 2019 from memory and the website is now offline.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Wow, haven’t thought of XFM in years. They were initially on the air as “Alice’s Restaurant” from late summer 1992.

They were a more alternative, less friendly version of what Phantom were doing. Also quite ahead of tht game in terms of online broadcasts etc.

Their music wasn’t my cup of tea but sorry to hear the website and all is gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

I would believe that the 107,9 was still used around 2010 or so. Later on the frequency went off air, possibly around 2012 or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

that's right, used by a dance music station which from memory went off air around 2011 called system radio and previously ice radio.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Nice blast from Club FM on 107.1 there today. Nice to see a reputable operation return.

OpenTempo in Waterford conspicuous by their absence at the weekend. Are they still alive or did they take the weekend off?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Bandscan for pirate radio activity from pine forest car park overlooking Dublin

87.6 Blank Carrier (Chill FM)

88.0 Blank Carrier (Church)

92.0 Retro FM

98.4 90s Network (BBC R1 hammering away on 98.3)

99.3 IceRadio

99.5 Oldies (No RDS Energy AM)

103.0 Energy 103 Ratoath

104.2 Storm NE

105.2 RetroNow

105.7 TheBeach (Weak

No Am or DAB on the radio so wasn’t able to check. I know it’s not a pirate but St. Ita’s hospital radio was sounding well on 89.5

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

Picking up 1494AM here in North Dublin today. Playing 80s tunes at the moment. ID “1494AM”.

1395AM also on.

1395 AM is Energy Power AM. I think 1494 AM is coming from Dundalk.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Surprising that it took this long, but C103's West Cork opt-out on 103.3 from Nowen Hill (with relays on 102.7, 103.0 and 103.9) has changed its RDS from "C103" to "C103West". Very useful in cars now with the list function which previously had 2 distinct C103 stations on their list with no differentiating factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Dundalk station left 1494 recently and is now on 1615 kHz. There is another pirate on 1494.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Thats one way to prevent "Joe Public" from listening - do a "Radio Fax" and jump off the end of the band !!!

Shortly after my post they moved to 1611. In Dundalk I can hear a very strong harmonic on 3222 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 dbmicrovolt

Anyone picking up a station on 1062 medium wave, playing non stop music, strongest around the Ireland North West sdr today? Is medium wave the new FM?

It seems to be turning into the safe place for pirates. I wonder how many medium wave pirates there are now around the country.

The Dundalk station is back on 1494 relaying Caroline, about 5 seconds behind Manx Radio on 1368.

Stillorgan Shopping Centre .. busy car park but quiet pirate band!

98.4 90s Network

99.3 Ice Radio

1395am Energy

that’s it so far.

some Continental stuff coming in just now … BBC Radio 2 on 88.1 taking a beating from France and what sounds like Spain on 87.9

Post edited by TheBMG on

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

90s Network very poor signal for some considerable time now on 98.4 fm It’s been like mumbo jumbo very very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The 90s Network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭KildareP

On the legals:

Beat sounding normal again on 102.0, only took around 9 months to sort the issues out this time compared to almost 2 years of what sounded like double pre-emphasis the previous time they had problems on that transmitter.

KFM appear to be having some issues on both frequencies too, they are noticeably quieter in comparison to all other stations and quite significantly compared to next up on the band, 98FM.

98FM and FM104 still in all-out loudness wars as are Classic Hits and Q102 from the sounds of things.

Was up Trim direction and spun by Summerhill on the way back home, 252 still off. No sign of any work going on, nothing looks drastically different, visibility lights are still operational. Thought I read previously the maintenance was to have been complete by now? Maybe it is being kept off deliberately to see does anyone notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

I think it’s the switch off button you need to go to as you type.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lord Nelson

Must be a pretty ancient tx if the meter still accepts old money…..

• Advertisement

The Dundalk station is now on 1611 with recordings of Radio Fax. Radio Rock Revolution is on 1494. Both can be heard on the North West SDR.

Advertisement