Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

givyjoe wrote: »
    Again, not my experience. This is exactly what happened me last time. Completely wrong value, I provided evidence of correct value. No charge was added.

I can't agree at all. If they believe they are fake its bye bye value or not. Many here have had goods taken and destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

I can't agree at all. If they believe they are fake its bye bye value or not. Many here have had goods taken and destroyed.

Will see how it works in my case. They have asked for proof of value (sent paypal transaction statement) via the courier.

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Will see how it works in my case. They have asked for proof of value (sent paypal transaction statement) via the courier.

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is everything getting stopped at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

What on earth are you on about, you cant agree?! Im not giving you my opinion, im giving you facts relating to actual experience. I've only ever had one shipment not arrive, it was UPS.. the ones via fedex/DHL have always arrived. Some have required fees to be paid some have not. The most recent one is precisely what happened to the OP here, a suspiciously low value (compared to weight) and having to confirm the value via invoice/paypal etc. If they suspected the goods were fake, they wouldn't be asking for proof value/payment, it would simply be destroyed with the OP notified. With mine, once the actual value is confirmed, the items are released and it's delivered as normal.

Once with DHL they asked for a PPS number, the idea being to track if you're importing loads of stuff on the cheap. Anyway, relevant example above.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Mine is undergoing a customs exam, the one question they asked was in relation to correct value.

They asked for 2 things:

1. An invoice (pro forma not acceptable), they want to see itemised price of all items. Obviously I could not provide this.

2. They also asked for proof of purchase for which I provided a PayPal statement showing correct purchase price.

Its been with customs for over 1 week now, to be honest i'm not confident of receiving. DHL have an agent dealing with customs and updates are very slow to come through, last thing they asked for were the above 2 things.

DHL seem to think it should be sufficient, but the longer it goes on the less likely it is i'll receive. Really depends on which agent at DHL you speak with, some say there will be no additional charge based on actual purchase price (verses what was on seller invoice) others say there may be import tax based on new value of $300).

So not sure in relation to customs exam, no doubt this means opening the thing up and inspecting the items which will surely raise questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Is everything getting stopped at the moment?

I've received 2 orders in the last 6/7 weeks. No problems, I've never had anything stopped.

Luck of draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I havent ordered since Oct last year. Just haven't wanted anything.

But Ive had things stopped twice on the last 3 years, once for duty and once because of suspected counterfeit goods.

If its the counterfeit goods, they are gone. They will ask you for proof they are not counterfeit and bought from legit means and you cant provide it, so they will be destroyed.

If it is for duty, you pay the duty.

Thats my experience.

Never had an issue with quality of teh shirts, for fakes they are damn good from Sandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

It will be interesting to see what happens for sellers like DHGate etc.
    Will it be a case of them putting the VAT as part of the order and then An Post hitting their own "handling fee" before it gets to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Ive a package what was sorted by an Post on the 21st. Its had this status for the last two days :

Current status: We have your delivery

What does this mean? Normally it just gets sent to my local post office for delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Ive a package what was sorted by an Post on the 21st. Its had this status for the last two days :

What does this mean? Normally it just gets sent to my local post office for delivery

Think anpost are flat out with the amount of delivery's, I've a package that says that it has missed its delivery van twice.

They just don't have the staff to deal with the number of items. The big sorting centres have had trailer loads of stuff to sort at times.

What on earth are you on about, you cant agree?! Im not giving you my opinion, im giving you facts relating to actual experience. I've only ever had one shipment not arrive, it was UPS.. the ones via fedex/DHL have always arrived. Some have required fees to be paid some have not. The most recent one is precisely what happened to the OP here, a suspiciously low value (compared to weight) and having to confirm the value via invoice/paypal etc. If they suspected the goods were fake, they wouldn't be asking for proof value/payment, it would simply be destroyed with the OP notified. With mine, once the actual value is confirmed, the items are released and it's delivered as normal.

Once with DHL they asked for a PPS number, the idea being to track if you're importing loads of stuff on the cheap. Anyway, relevant example above.

As am i with over 150 deliveries in 12 months. To different addresses from different suppliers.

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Mine is undergoing a customs exam, the one question they asked was in relation to correct value.

They asked for 2 things:

1. An invoice (pro forma not acceptable), they want to see itemised price of all items. Obviously I could not provide this.

2. They also asked for proof of purchase for which I provided a PayPal statement showing correct purchase price.

Its been with customs for over 1 week now, to be honest i'm not confident of receiving. DHL have an agent dealing with customs and updates are very slow to come through, last thing they asked for were the above 2 things.

DHL seem to think it should be sufficient, but the longer it goes on the less likely it is i'll receive. Really depends on which agent at DHL you speak with, some say there will be no additional charge based on actual purchase price (verses what was on seller invoice) others say there may be import tax based on new value of $300).

So not sure in relation to customs exam, no doubt this means opening the thing up and inspecting the items which will surely raise questions.

With real goods once you supply the "real" payment you'll be fine. With fake it can be hit and miss depending on the agent.

No doubt i'll be called up on this but its my experience from importing a lot of stuff over the last 2 yrs from different suppliers with different courier companies.

Stuff up to 5k in value, not just a few kits:D

As am i with over 150 deliveries in 12 months. To different addresses from different suppliers.

And??? Should I get my stats out?! Bizarre stuff. You seem to be confidently stating he won't get it as fact, which is patently untrue. IF they suspected counterfeit goods, they would not be asking him for proof of value, as others have stated. They're asking him for proof of value, because the weight is high and the value is (suspiciously) low, it's that simple. Now they may not release if the value can't be proven to their satisfaction, but this hasn't happened to any of my shipments.

And??? Should I get my stats out?! Bizarre stuff. You seem to be confidently stating he won't get it as fact, which is patently untrue. IF they suspected counterfeit goods, they would not be asking him for proof of value, as others have stated. They're asking him for proof of value, because the weight is high and the value is (suspiciously) low, it's that simple. Now they may not release if the value can't be proven to their satisfaction, but this hasn't happened to any of my shipments.

Not at you. You seem to think what you are saying is gospel.

I honestly couldn't care less about you and your tiny orders:)

Not at you. You seem to think what you are saying is gospel.

I honestly couldn't care less about you and your tiny orders:)

You repeatedly keep trying to contradict the experience of others, and seem to think that your own experience = a certain outcome here, yet I'm supposedly I think I'm stating gospel?! Genuinely not sure how you think you're helping here.

Considerably more info to draw from here than 150 orders, shouldn't need to lower myself to d!ck measuring nonsense, yet Im still not "disagreeing" with your own experience, just stating facts that is not a certainty that the OP will not get these goods. Again, all they have asked for is proof of value, so far. Zero indication that they are going to seize the goods as counterfeit. I've repeatedly told you at this point, I've had this happen multiple times and all that was required, was to submit proof of value and up until now, a Paypal invoice sufficed. Prompt provision of this info has always resulted in the shipment being released.

I hope the last line is sarcasm, if not.. yikes. However, I'm here to help the OP, you seem intent on 'winning' an argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Has anyone found a good supplier of Kids Gaa jerseys on DH Gate or elsewhere that they can recommend. Plenty of adult jersey suppliers, im finding it hard to find a kids jersey supplier. Thanks

You repeatedly keep trying to contradict the experience of others, and seem to think that your own experience = a certain outcome here, yet I'm supposedly I think I'm stating gospel?! Genuinely not sure how you think you're helping here.

Considerably more info to draw from here than 150 orders, shouldn't need to lower myself to d!ck measuring nonsense, yet Im still not "disagreeing" with your own experience, just stating facts that is not a certainty that the OP will not get these goods. Again, all they have asked for is proof of value, so far. Zero indication that they are going to seize the goods as counterfeit. I've repeatedly told you at this point, I've had this happen multiple times and all that was required, was to submit proof of value and up until now, a Paypal invoice sufficed. Prompt provision of this info has always resulted in the shipment being released.

I hope the last line is sarcasm, if not.. yikes. However, I'm here to help the OP, you seem intent on 'winning' an argument.

No just you. You seem to believe what happened to you is gospel.

I know that when i reply YOU will come straight back at me. Its sad really on your part. I think you might need a hug.

• Advertisement

This thread the last few days....

tenor.gif

beakerjoe wrote: »
    This thread the last few days....

tenor.gif

Can i be daffy ?

BUT no that my choice will be disputed :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Salmon wrote: »
    Has anyone found a good supplier of Kids Gaa jerseys on DH Gate or elsewhere that they can recommend. Plenty of adult jersey suppliers, im finding it hard to find a kids jersey supplier. Thanks

Would be interested in any recommendations for this too, having the same issue. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Can someone PM me a link to a good seller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Can someone PM me a link to a good seller?

http://m.sandycn.net/Retro-Jerseys-c2475.html

https://m.shootjerseys.store/

Dhgate have loads of sellers to choose from

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

OmegaGene wrote: »

DHGate haven't added VAT to their prices (yet) so might hold off on em for a while. Might be worth seeing if Ali ship from European warehouses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Hows Sandy route effected?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Hows Sandy route effected?

Last time I spoke to her about two weeks ago, she hasn't a breeze about the changes.

Last time I spoke to her about two weeks ago, she hasn't a breeze about the changes.

An electronics supplier i deal with was very up on them. They raised the value to more than normal as he feels it will have a better chance of just being based on that and that they won't look for the actual invoice.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hi guys, anyone get a GAA jersey with a number on it? I presumed it’s pressed on and not printed?

Hi guys, anyone get a GAA jersey with a number on it? I presumed it’s pressed on and not printed?

It will be pressed

• Advertisement

An electronics supplier i deal with was very up on them. They raised the value to more than normal as he feels it will have a better chance of just being based on that and that they won't look for the actual invoice.

Fingers crossed.

Has anyone actually received anything yet that's landed from China, post July 1st? Just finding it hard to imagine they are going to levy Vat on every single item , lots of which will be put on hold until the recipient pays.

Has anyone actually received anything yet that's landed from China, post July 1st? Just finding it hard to imagine they are going to levy Vat on every single item , lots of which will be put on hold until the recipient pays.

I have one on route but have heard nothing yet. As soon as i get an update i'll post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

how long has sandy been taking for everyone recently?

showpony1 wrote: »

Depends on the product and supplier. I can get some batch higher end items in about 8 days door to door with fedex

showpony1 wrote: »

free postage option was 3 weeks and 4 weeks for me recently with sandy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

some delay in the port

one jersey arrived in the port 19th June and arrived at my front door on the 23.

another jersey arrived in the port on the 21st june still no sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Been awhile since I got one of these - the young lad turns 13 in September so thought I'd buy a few single jerseys with free delivery from Sandy in the hope one or two arrive. Sizing question - average boy just turning 13 - would you just get a size small in either the premier league jersey and/or the player version?

Has anyone got anything from Sandy lately? Whats the best method since Parcel Motel went by the wayside

get them delivered straight to your door, there’s no other option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Who are people using at present? Trying to get the new man utd away but sandy not doing it yet

• Advertisement

Its on Sandys site but according to her WhatsApp the factory is temporarily closed until further notice.

Sandy back taking orses again, yay.

That was a tough couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Couldn't find it. Messaged her and she said to keep an eye on the site soon

Buy it from shoot, I added a link to it above and they have the two other United kits also

Sandys been asking donI use any parcel UK service. Obviously Parcel Motel is gone. She was asking did I use Parcel Store ?

Has anyone had any issue with orders recently. Im just getting my 6 shirts delivered direct to my home address?

Is address pal worth using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Just use your home address.

Thats what I did. Hopefully no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Anyone had this before with Sandy.

I asked her to send slow shipping, it arrived to Ireland 29th July and was sorted by An Post that day. Then nothing until 4/8 where its showing as being in a transit hub in Heathrow!

Not sure what's going on there. Are they sending it back?

Advertisement