Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Well that's pretty much why it was started! For a while it was basically just a home for banned users but with the update people are just heading there because of the ease of use. Looks a bit dated but who cares if it's easy to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Would be a big pity if we lost the match day threads !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is there a discord channel people are moving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

In the midst of all this conversation about the future of the FSA, can we take a moment to appreciate all the joy that PVA has given us (okay me) over the years? :)

DGW37s will never be the same again....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

It’s good to have a contingency and I’ll go to discord or Gubu if really necessary - but isn’t it possible boards just sorts itself out slowly over the next few weeks/months and gradually becomes as active as before? or else they just revert to the old site?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yep fingers crossed that happens. Already would imagine it would be hard to get everyone back but I'm I'm some new blood will come in too. It's probably the more casual users that will be lost as they aren't bothered to track fsa down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Lads if anyone is annoyed with the bright layout as opposed to the dark theme that was on old boards, run this (It changes the colour theme to dark): https://nighteye.app

Cheers but it’s telling me it’s invalid or expired?

• Advertisement

the hope would be boards sort it out but the quieter they get the more I’d worry.

it’s crazy how little they are interacting with their ‘customers’. Would make one worry about what is going on in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I see Man Uniteds friendly with Preston was called off due to Covid. I think the lack of preseason for lots of big players due to the Euros is something to consider, I think there could be a few surprising results on the cards in the first few gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nullObjects

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Joined that just now.

There was already a "F1ngers" there, so I changed my name to "F1ngers@boards".

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Rodgeb

Lads and ladies, is there any good FPL app for iphone???

Work switched my phone over the summer so using the official FPL app but much preferred the Fantasy Football Manager app on android - will have to bring this up as feedback for my next performance review otherwise!

I’m finding Discord to be a bit ****.

it doesn’t seem to pick up the conversant from where I left it.

it starts with the most recent comments and then I have to scroll back without having any idea where I was from my previous session.

That's weird mine always starts from where I left off. Maybe it's a settings thing?

It must be.

I’ll delete it and start again.

wouldn’t be at all surprised for the plug to be pulled on this joint without notice

how much longer can it run without any posters ? The post count must be at an all time low ?

I’ve tried with Discord but I find it to be horrible to use.

I asked gubu to set up a FPL forum but no reply.

• Advertisement

Gubu have an FPL thread now

I assume they're talking about the one that's been there for a while or else it's really hidden away somewhere random lol

https://****/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=78 There was an error displaying this embed.

really needs a forum if it's going to work.

That’s a disaster having it in ‘sports’ and then ‘soccer’.

I messaged them and asked them to set up a forum for FPL but not to put it anywhere near the sports or soccer forum.

they may have no interest in a forum for FPL.

I'd say that for now it's really too quiet for much of anything. You would think it would be worth having a decent set up now that would allow for quick growth just in case anything did happen here especially with so many people reporting things to DPC!

listen, this site is dead. As a dodo. there’s no coming back from what they’ve done. It’s just a matter of time now. The likelihood is that boards will just not be here one day. No warning. So we should take that possibility very seriously

maybe if a few more of us ask the guys at gubu to set up an FPL forum, away from the sports forum, it could happen

you’d need to be able to open threads, at will, for it to work

it would be a real busy forum for them. It would kick off now (posting numbers) due to the FPL season about to start

We could look at creating our own forum.

I like discord even though its not busy at the moment.

I think boards can come back, once you start using it its not as bad as you first think

It would be a shame to lose the FSA leagues

For anyone running a money league through boards it might be worthwhile having a spreadsheet with contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The site is an omnishambles atm, and the FSA is certainly quieter with under 2 weeks to go.... BUT there's been on FPL overload since early July last year, we've had an incredible Euros last month and the Olympics are on right now. So if others are like me, then they simply haven't even considered FPL just yet?

Maybe if we started actually creating discussion about the game and options then things would begin to pick up too?

I reckon if we have genuine concerns about our fantastic community that's been around for 10 years now then we should try and make this work, and hope they make the place a smidge easier to navigate? Of course a backup is something to consider too.

With all that said, who do we like the look of as some cheap bargains? The Irish defender at Norwich @4.0 could be worth a 5th defender slot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Constantly talking about leaving this site doesn't exactly promote chat about FPL on the site, it promotes not chatting about FPL IMO. But hopefully there is a return to the number of usual posters again as we get closer to the kick off date.

I'm looking forward to the return of the multigames at 3.00 pm now. The dragged out nature of last season contributed a lot to football fatigue and also dragged out the FPL season a bit but that also helped to watch more games with passing interest. In FPL terms, it's brilliant to the return of having so many different games having updates at the same time.

Post edited by Fitz* on

Advertisement