Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The M.boards site?

Options
  • 27-07-2021 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance of the m.boards.ie returning? It was ridiculously simple and easy to use on mobile.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

That's how I had accessed boards exclusively for years and yes it was very simplistic but it was excellent.

In comparison the new version is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yeah, same - there's no easy way to see your active threads on a mobile. Bookmarks only show legacy threads - not threads you have contributed to post migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Same, it was a brilliantly simple way to read what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I also loved m.boards, was the best way of using the site for me.

The current site on mobile is fine for me though, I'm not experiencing the problems other people seem to be (so far!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm the same. I'm finding myself looking at boards.ie a lot less as I can't take a quick peek on the mobile anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I was a little bamboozled at the start but actually the touch site is quite good, I do agree searching for previous posts tricky but the star system for following threads quite good when you get the hang of it.

The viewing of sent PM"S Never resolved however.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry guys, m.boards hadn't been supported for a number of years and it was only by good luck that it lasted as long as it did. It is unlikely to be making a comeback.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

If you open a PM converstion you have had with someone, sent and received messages should all be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hey Niamh, well done to the team.

Honestly, I've tried everything, both on desktop and Touch, can not see or view sent messages, you might recall I had this issue prior to relaunch.

Honestly it's not that important, I'm enjoying the new look, a little confusing at the start but again, congratulations 😊

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

I am finding to me touch site much easier to use than the desktop version. I have My Forums back, can find my post easily enough and can see more than one page of threads on the home page, none of which are possible on the desktop site. Some things are different but that is to be expected.

• Advertisement
Advertisement