Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Most likely nothing, BT hold on to it and try to sell it again when the market is better.

I think the chances of an eir Sport-type wind down situation is probably remote, and even more remote an instant shutdown (particularly as, at present, BT Sport has no separate legal existence from British Telecommunications plc meaning the core business would be sued for breach of contract).

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Where do people guess the Pro 16 next season will be shown in ROI, now that Eir is pulling out? Will Premier take it for all locations?

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

kheb wrote: »
    Where do people guess the Pro 16 next season will be shown in ROI, now that Eir is pulling out? Will Premier take it for all locations?

I would have thought if Premier were taking it then it would be announced by now as they are surely wanting to keep subscribers during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

kheb wrote: »

Heard a few weeks ago that RTE are the front runners with TG4 to be retaining their current selection of games (Irish V Welsh) but on an exclusive basis rather than alongside another broadcaster

I hasten to add, that was a few weeks ago

While we still wait to hear about the Pro14, the French Top14 is finally back on Irish TV with a two year deal (&remainder of this season) with Premier Sports, with some matches on FreeSports.

https://www.premiersports.com/sports/top-14-pr

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Interesting. Does this strengthen or weaken the idea that Premier will pick up the Pro14 here?

I think they’ll pick up some element but not all matches - it will be more like the 2014-18 situation, with Premier having a “Pick of the Week” game (or two) and the remainder being spread over the PSBs. Not sure why it is taking so long to conclude though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Interesting - the "BT Sport" Champions League package will also be shown here by the LiveScore app, which can be Chromecast:

https://www.the42.ie/livescore-champions-league-rights-republic-of-ireland-5455266-Jun2021/

U.K. not announced yet.

Meanwhile Premier Sports have picked up the rights to the Concacaf Gold Cup.

• Advertisement

posts relating to URC split to new thread

While we were away, Premier Sports unveiled a (semi-) new look, still sporting Setanta’s black and yellow colours but with a new logo tying in with their SPFL Cup sponsorship.

FreeSports return to the Sky EPG in Ireland now confirmed, channel 422 (recently vacated by eir Sport 2) from Tuesday. And in HD this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Stewball

It doesn’t seem to have happened yet, EPG changes are normally around 10am. Not sure what’s happened, the source was reputable (a post by a Sky employee on Sky’s own forum).

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-July-2021/td-p/3717011

Up and running now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,162 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great to gave Freesport back

Pain going into other channels on the sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Hi all,

i fully enjoyed Serie A 2020-2021 (and also la Liga) on Premier Player and hoping to enjoy even more 21-22 (after Italy winning European). my subscription is up for renewal on 21-08-2021 and i checked with PP and got this reply

"Thanks for your email. 

I'm sorry to inform you that we have not yet received the confirmation to show the new season of Italian and Serie A game. The concerned team has requested you to keep an eye on the website for latest updates on https://www.premiersports.com/

For any offers/Promo code, kindly check our social media due to data protection. 

Regards

Premier Sports

Customer Service Representative

anybody knows more that I do on this?

thanks

It was mentioned in another thread that Serie A games had been shown on LiveScore last year, but I’m not sure of the details or particulars of that deal. It’s often happened with Serie A that the deal is only done close to the start of the season or beyond.

Still another season to run on the LaLiga deal with Premier Sports, while the existing Bundesliga deal (with BT rather than Premier) is also up and we are apparently to get an announcement any day now of a new deal, with someone other than BT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Premier or BT have been showing bundesliga preseason games so id presume they're showing the league too, though who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Premier have announced coverage of the DFB Pokal, which seems a fairly big indication they also have the Bundesliga rights:

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1420670778719211520

Gary Lineker meanwhile has signed with the Mediapro LaLigaTV channel, which Premier Sports distributes here. Somewhat of a big signing for them.

Serie A season starts 21-08-2021. I sure hope there will be some sort of indication before that. my subsciption is up for renewal on 23-08-2021, so I am hoping to either renew or cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 54,162 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ya i hope Premier Sports will have too as i hate livescore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

I've never watched anything on Livescore, but I can only assume you would be able to cast streams of Serie A or any other competitions they may get the rights to in the future, as they are making a casting option available for their champions league coverage?

Hopefully Bundesliga and Serie A rights holders are announced soon, so I can think about subscriptions(if any). I cut it all off for the summer.

The lack of announcement for the Bundesliga is fairly annoying as Bundesliga 2 started last weekend and there's currently no UK channel broadcasting it. There's lots of big teams in at this season.

Bundesliga now confirmed as gone to Sky. I’m not sure you’re going to see any Second Division games, because only two First Division games (Gladbach v Bayern, Dortmund v Frankfurt) are being broadcast on the first weekend. They do say that there may be other games on red button/YouTube etc but obviously 2:30pm KOs (of which there are five in the first weekend) are out.

Post edited by icdg on

Is the ridiculous 3pm Saturday blackout back this season?

• Advertisement

Yes. Crowds allowed back at matches in England so the rationale for the blackout is back too.

Advertisement