Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple bar pub assault incident

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Detaining a minor is an extremely tricky process, can and often does end up with legal action if the precise process isn't followed.

It's also going to be a hell of a lot worse when that kid has been beaten quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Teenagers shouldn't be hanging around Temple Bar after 9. My Mam would bait me if I was hanging around there, asking for smokes and squaring uo to bouncers. Shed bait me for starting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

There’s no possible way of telling if someone is spitting. But what Is obvious to see is the adult throwing the first punch.

Thats true. You cant be kicking lads on the ground, no matter what the age.

I just have zero sympathy for the kids, they bit off more than they could chew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Can you point out where I stated that? I've said in my experience & also that I'm sure there's a few but they're in the minority. Don't misconstrue or misrepresent what I said please.

• Advertisement

Mine also would have but that still doesn’t mean it was the kids fault. It’s still no reason a 13 year old should be bet around even if he’s a cheeky ****. An adult should know better. Go inside your premises and let security deal with it. That’s what they are trained to do and what are paid for. Instead it looks like barmen in their 30 or 40’s came out for a nice game of slaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What sh*t are you babbling? I don't 'view' the world in any particular way.

Bouncers in Ireland were subjected to an overhaul and had to undergo new regulations and licensing because there were so many scumbags. Roll on a few years and they have managed to sidestep and find away around following those rules to the letter, actually far from following them to the letter. My job takes me into places all over Ireland, and in Dublin (and many other places) the barstaff and doorstaff often take pride in telling stories about them getting some drunk fool aside and giving them a hiding. They have plenty of other seedy practices too, but not the place.

Teens are teens the world over, and will be cheeky, and will goad and will push buttons. Door staff would be bigger than the average man, and should be able to handle themselves better. a heap of them scrapping in the street with teenagers and dragging one of them into the pub is indefensible, shows a lack of professionalism and is scumbag behaviour.

They should be sacked and never be allowed to work in the industry again, but that won't happen. They should at the very least be marked for future employers that may have kids hanging around their premises as a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Folks, look at some of the sisters comments on social media and stop going on about middle class.

I'm working class and there's not a hope in hell my sister would be all over social media using such language or commenting using towny shorthand trashy words.

Matter of fact, if it were a member of my family in the video, we wouldn't be all over social media crying for 'big claim' attention.

Stop giving these parasites more ammunition to get a cash windfall

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

If there was an assault or attempted assault by the teens then the doormen are well within their rights to perform a citizens arrest. These doormen know they are on camera so I am guessing their actions were thought out. A skateboard to the head from a 13 year old can leave you with lost teeth and needing surgery. Even if they did act correctly they could be in a spot of bother firstly with the guards who are not always on the side of security staff and also with the venue which could hang them out to dry. I've seen venues hang doorstaff out to dry for letting underage people in despite pressuring the door staff to do it for example. Security company could also just blame it on bad security even if it was by the book. If you just pin it on a rogue doorman it all goes away. Can't be an enticing job these days in the age of social media justice. You just can't win no matter what and the scummy doormen in the job just give it a bad name. A lot of guys with big egos get into it. Generally though I would say doormen try to avoid confrontations so I think they were probably justified but maybe it won't matter and they get the short end of the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭timmyntc

A skateboard is a shite deadly weapon, and the only time it would knock your teeth out is if you fell off one!

Its not like swinging a baseball bat, its got a poor weight distribution, and is too heavy to get a proper swing with it without it drooping at the far end. Even look at the video you see the skateboarded holding the board infront with two hands staggered, it would do feck all if it hit you.

An ashtray being thrown at you at speed is far more dangerous than a swing of a skateboard. And there is no excuse for kicking someone when theyre already pinned down by 2 full grown men. Pathetic is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Edit: Maybe I shouldnt give so much detail.

These little scrotes have been terrorizing people in temple bar for months now and getting away with it.

Many times in the last few month staff from other establishments have had to come and run the scrotes from intimidating people at other places.

This particular incident started somewhere else and then moved over to the pub.

Not surprised someone finally snapped.

I disagree. Its their own fault for starting it.

Yes the bouncers over reacted but there would be no overreaction if they werent acting the goat to begin with. If a 13 year old is squaring up to someone at 13, hes probably going to be a bigger scummer could adulthood.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

How did you pick that out of what I said? I would genuinely like to know so I can avoid making the same mistake in the future.

Some, not all , teenagers these days have no fear. Gangs are everywhere, whether its skateboards, electric bikes, mopeds, these little scrotes have no fear and terrorise people for kicks. Id wager thats what started this incident and Id also wager they got what was coming to them.

You reap what you sow, you act the hardman and someone is eventually gonna put you in your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Google is your friend. You'll find plenty of stories of people being hit with skateboards and hospitalised.

You said skaters arent usually known as scummers,

These lads are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Remember years ago getting frog marched out of one of the Temple Bar pubs for standing up on my own drinking red bull.

At the end of the day, both sides are pathetic here.

The lads on skateboards are scummers. They deserve a good hiding as do most teens in these types of gangs, whos behaviour will only escalate if they go unpunishied.

The lads pining down a teen while kicking him are idiotic and went too far, as did the Ashtray flinger. Could have killed someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Yeah they were probably bringing him in for a cuddle or a discussion on Tony Hawk ffs.

• Advertisement

They probably just restrained him until AGS arrived. Any evidnece to show they beat him up inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It went down for a while and looks like it’s back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

They deserved a good kick in the arse. Far too many tripping over making excuses

boy squares up to another , on the streets, what on earth do they expect… fortunately they will be well compensated for their pain suffering and made up mental health injuries that arose from this incident

kids of today need to be put back into their place, they have no excuse being anywhere near Temple bar at this hour of the night

the buckos got brave and mouth off, got ratty because they were made fun of with their skateboards , they square up to someone that they ought not have …

back in my day, we knew how to have fun: up in a field, drinking , shmoking, fighting nearby village and chasing girls (and a few sheep) . No running to mammy when we got hurt

skateboarding … good grief

stories about ashtrays being thrown and kicks in the head lol, there’s be a few ambulances outside of that was true ..l

pity these bouncers weren’t around a few weeks ago when the other brats were causing chaos on the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Meh I’m sure a good few of us have squared up to bouncers in our youth and learned our lesson. Wrongs of passage. Won’t do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Adults kicking a minor several times who's held down on the ground by colleagues, there is no additional details required to be disgusted by that, what scum those staff members are.

It happened out of shot of THAT camera. You have to know theres CCTV inside too, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

This is far from the first time The Temple Bar have had security beating the shite out of teenagers go viral. It's a bit telling that it's somehow a much more prevalent issue for them than other premises in the same area.

Could have started for any reason, but if they're not capable of de-escalating 13 year olds they definitely shouldn't be anywhere near drunk adults for the same purpose.

And if the young lad was "chasing a claim" or whatnot, they have given him exactly what he wanted when they dragged him inside the building against his will after having beaten the shite out of him.

Post edited by Carfacemandog on

And this is exactly it in a nutshell. Nothing else to be said case closed. The bouncers outside that kip have been throwing their weight around for years especially around closing time on a Friday/Saturday night. Since 2007 I’ve seen multiple problems at that pub.

Usually around closing time they physically man handle people away from the premises including myself one night minding my own business smoking a cigarette near the establishment. Once they got people’s money @ 8 quid a pop they don’t care. They think they’ve the right to touch people and they should be challenged all the time. Can’t give nasty people like this too much power. And for the record my father in law does the doors around this area and I have nothing against doormen but I hope they shut that kip down for the amount of shite it’s caused. Temple bar in general is one big sh1thole with this place leading the charge.

Post edited by Bigmac1euro on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Acosta

Due to the protests maybe some tourists might accidentally end up going to a decent pub

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement