Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hbomax Caribbean and Latin America

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,241 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sure you can get Netflix via similar, if not easier, means. Works out at €4.50 a month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Yeah I've the Turkish Netflix that costs 4 odd quid, but I find myself with less and less to watch on it. Scrolling through HBO last night there's a tonne of movies and documentaries that I'll be watching before even looking at the TV series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I can't get it to work at all using 3 different VPNs so I'm staying cancelled on this one.

Re the interface, i found it like NOW tv where you have to search for everything unlike netflix that presents everything to you on the page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just thinking... Do you also have a DNS service running in the background? Could that be what's messing things up for us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

No, plain simple VPN. Tried it on multiple devices and different networks etc. Seems to be simple issue of identifiable VPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Trevord

Ya. I'm the same. Got about a week out of it before nord and keepsolid seemed to get recognised. Sub is still active but I think I'll be cancelling before the month is up as a reliable solution seems unlikely.

I actually thought the collection was relatively ordinary. Some great classic series like The Wire and The Sopranos, but I'm not sure there is enough new stuff on it. grand for 3 quid but the full US price seems poor value.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Surfshark Mexico works fine, some US servers were working but havent found any recently. Also, content between the US and Latam is different, maybe just slightly though. A planned launch in Europe later this year may bring more vpn and sub options though difficult to tell. Luckily I live in a region where it will be available so I wont need to use a vpn. As mentioned above, fine for a cheap sub but probably not worth the full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Quick update on this from my end, seems to be flying on an unnamed but widely used DNS. Haven't run into any issues at all the last 5 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭micks_address

would you mind pm'g me the unnamed dns service? i have tried nord and it doesnt work and not much success with surfshark mexico... seems very slow and only works sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does anyone have a VPN (rather than DNS) that works consistently? I don't like having to switch the DNS settings, it's all a little fiddly (as I don't want it to apply across devices as there are other services I don't want affected).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Expressvpn definitely works

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pottering

I've found that a dedicated IP is the only way to get it to work consistently. A number of VPNs offer it at a cost. I'm using Torguard at the moment and it works well. Streaming package gives a dedicated IP in each of US and UK for about $60 a year. Ivacy offer a dedicated IP for $2 per month (but it only works in the Windows app). PIA, Nord and others also have options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

i'm having no joy even getting past the sign up page (cant get to enter credit card details page). I've tried Keepsolid, Tunnelbear, Hola - has anyone signed up very recently with a VPN that defo works? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pottering

Ivacy connected to Brazil is working for me and I think Brazil is included in the free version, so might be worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Raoul

Working for me with nord today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

At this point I've tried Hola, Tunnelbear. VPNUnlimited, Ivacy, NordVPN but still seeing the below eeror on sign up. Tried Costa Rica, Brazil, Argentina, confirming IP location each time. Anyone know a way around this? Am i doing something stupid here?

Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later.

I'm guessing that hbo have blocked the VPNs for registration of accounts. Usually there is more than than one way to skin a cat. I had a hbo account before from the US. To get this I set vpn to us & set up a new Google account. This is a US account. From here I could access hbo, Disney (before eu launch) & many more. I'm thinking that you can set up a Google play store account in Costa Rica. You should be able to pay through the play store. Watching it is then very easy. Vpn or dns set to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has anyone been charged month 2 yet?

I signed up 30th June. I'll let you know in a day or so

M

Yes mine is due in or around that, first month it failed with Revolut, then worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I only have tunnelbear of those you listed and tested it. For me it is working this way.

Tunnelbear on brazil server, open the site on chrome and it should take you to the Brazil signup page. Create an account and maybe it will let you subscribe here (I have an acc so didnt try). If it doesnt, get the hbomax app, lastest version. Tunnelbear to US server and it should open, login and you should be able to sub for the brazil prices.

This worked for me so hopefully for other also. Half price subs end tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

setanter

When it failed, did you have to do anything to get it to work again or did it sort itself out? Looking at my revoult it shows upcoming payments from netflix etc over the next few weeks but no mention of HBO. It will be interesting to see what happens

Anybody else seeing this poster posting their username across various threads over the past few days?

I think that Revolut will only realise a payment is recurring after the first 2 payments or so. I've had similar issues where a payment wasn't showing up as upcoming until it had been taken a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes I've seen this too. Annoying, since I can't add it to pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭ThePott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Hoping it turns out to be some viral marketing campaign

• Advertisement
    M

Yet it froze the card, I had to unfreeze, then I think I resubmitted the payment and it appeared and went through.

Advertisement