Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭- bo -

33/M

J&J Vaccine

Got it last Friday week (16th). Fine for the evening after apart from slight soreness in the arm. Next morning the soreness was slightly worse and also in my neck but still nothing major. I did get a splitting headache though next morning that felt like my eyes were trying to escape from my head.

Few days later I was having chest pains on one side. Got progressively worse over the next day but ended up with me almost keeling over the day after (2 days from jab). I went to the GP who referred me to A&E to check for clotting from the jab and also check it was nothing cardiac. Got an ECG, X-ray, bloods taken but nothing showed up and they said it was just inflammation of muscles in the chest which could be related to the jab. They said just give it time and it'll eventually subside. It's fine sitting standing at the minute but I get some small shooting pains when I move. Had a nightmare trying to sleep a couple of nights ago. Like I said it could just be co-incidental but it was within a couple of days of the shot. Just have to play the waiting game now...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Pfizer - dose 1 - sore arm and swollen glands in throat causing a lot of pain and couldn't move my head properly left or right for 3 days

Can't say i'm too excited about dose 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Pfizer dose 1 - sore arm but otherwise not a bother.

Had dose 2 early yesterday morning. Felt cocky after no side effects first time around. About 10pm last night it hit me like a train. I had a really rough time.

Splitting headache

Nausea

Fever but felt freezing

Uncontrollable shakes

Everywhere hurt. Even my hair. I don't know how to describe it.

Today at lunch time I had a mad dose of the shakes again for about 30 mins. Was able to have a sleep and woke up with sore glands and neck.

Loads of people told me that the second dose of Pfizer had the potential to hit hard. They were not messing around.

Still happy to be fully vaccinated though. 37 and fit & healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

I had second jab of Pfizer last Tuesday. Felt grand next day apart from a sore arm. Fast forward a week and I am absolutely fooked with tiredness. If feels like the exhaustion that you get in your bones after a 10 day bender in Ibiza. I’m absolutely wiped all week. Having to pull in on the way home from work to nap for 15 minutes tired. Hopefully it subsides soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Just to update, I was fine the following day. Still a rotten day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Traversmaryj

I am a 60 year old female. Had Moderna first and 2nd shots. No side effects after either apart from a sore arm and slight tenderness in axilla ( underarm) for a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Mickey grew two inches. It's three now, missus is delighted.

Had the first Pfizer dose recently. Minor arm pain next day also tired and some brain fog. Thought I was grand. Felt tiredness and brain fog last week too, but attributed a lot of this to the heatwave. However, tiredness a bit more intense this week and having difficulty focusing at work, forcing me to push deadlines back, which isn't something I do. It's not a healthy tired, like after exercise.. it's a dead, flat, fall asleep tired. Hope it passes soon. Not looking forward to second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭grofus2

I've read a research Drs report recently. They seemed link a lack vitamin B12 to both long covid symptoms and post vaccine fatigue.

Do no harm getting good quality multivits inside you.

If I find the document will post it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J&J vaccine Monday 19th July

Had a very bad nights sleep that night. Day after the arm i got it in was very sore and i also had a load of muscle pains.

The muscle pain waned off Tuesday night but my injected arm stayed sore till Wednesday. I was able to have a dumbbell workout on the Weds so not overly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Got my second Pfizer jab yesterday and I just had the most restless night where I’m shivering one minute and roasting the next…arm at injection point also feels really heavy and sore, and is uncomfortable to lift my arm to put on clothes, etc.

I’m surprised I’ve had this reaction to the second jab as the first one was grand, only mild symptom was a bit of a sore arm but no fever symptoms.

Also I don’t know if anyone else felt this but I didn’t even know the first jab was given to me as I never felt the needle go in but yesterday I immediately felt the needle as my arm started to feel quite heavy almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Moderna 1st dose , felt like a very heavy head cold with sore glands and very tired for a couple of days . The usual arm pain as well.

Moderna 2nd dose , sore arm and a bit drained for a few hours. But nothing major and nothing like the first jab.

I wasn’t looking forward to second dose as I was expecting it to be worse.

Wife on her second moderna was absolutely drained for 2 full days and nearly slept for two days solid. Had to take a day off work .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Husband and I got our 2nd Pfizer shots the other day. He had a sore arm and was tired for a day. I also had a sore arm, but on the day after the vaccination I was also so tired (had to take a nap at lunchtime to get through the day), had joint pains, headache and heart palpitations. Next day was a bit better, still a bit of a headache and heart palpitations. Next day back to normal. I was a bit worried that something was wrong on the 2 days after getting it.

Post edited by miezekatze on

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

Second Pfizer jab yesterday, feel like dirt today, all the usual flu symptoms, can't believe how much it has wiped me, even my eyeballs hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Had my second shot of Pfizer yesterday afternoon and was expecting the worst based on some of my colleagues experiences the day after.

Surprisingly I felt better than after my first jab. Became sleepy soon after, had 3 hours 'nap', woke up at 7pm and just couldn't sleep till 1am.

Woke up in the morning with no symptoms whatsoever. Just regular day at work.

Everyone really reacts differently.

EU cert received this morning also. Efficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Roll on bedtime - 8hrs post dose 2 and i'm ready to drop!!

Have to stay "logged in" for work for another 45 minutes - i swear time is going backwards 😣

Pfizer, both times sore arm and fatigue.

I was in the gym the day after the second. I was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Got first dose of the pfizer on Sunday. Arm ever so slightly sore. The missus got hers the same day. Sore arm and swollen glands for about 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

J&J about two months ago. Diddly-squat.

Met a friend in the recovery area who's the same age as me and had the same shot. Checked-in with him the next day and he was laid-low for a day or two.

However, myself and a few colleagues were fairly sick in November 2019, all of us taking a week off.

At the same we attributed it to the 'flu. In retrospect, we probably had an early variant of Covid and probably had anti-bodies built-up as none of us had any adverse reactions after the vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Got the first Pfizer dose last month - a bit groggy for two days.

Got the second one a week ago and felt a bit weird a couple of hours after it. I cured that by going for pints. Was grand the next day. Think the vaccine made me immune to hangovers. Will test that theory tonight and report back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pfizer first dose: sore arm the following morning, quickly went. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Had the Janssen one at 1.15pm.

The chills, shivers and muscle aches have kicked in now. In bed with 5 layers on me.

Yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I’m still unwell a month after the 2nd Moderna shot - nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhoea for the entire month. Had no effects from the first. I started to vomit in the early morning the day after the second jab. I also developed a burning sensation in the skin over one side of my stomach and back which lasted for nearly 3 weeks. Still haven’t had a normal trip to the loo after nearly 5 weeks. I’m not ever taking a booster of this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Go to a doctor.

There's more chance that this is something entirely different; but even if it isn't you still need to see a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Got the second pfizer yesterday and no side effects other than a slightly tender arm thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

I know of two other people who experienced nausea and vomiting right after taking a vaccine.

From HSE web site:

"After the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, more than 1 in 10 people may experience:

• tenderness or swelling in your arm where you had the vaccine injection
    • feeling tired
    • headache
    • muscle pain
    • joint pain
    • diarrhoea
    • fever (temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or above)

More than 1 in 100 people may develop:

• nausea
    • vomiting
    • redness in your arm where you had the injection"

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/pfizer-biontech/side-effects/

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Right after = yes, that's normal

A full month as that poster said = absolutely not normal.

They need to seek medical attention at the earliest opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

From the same web site:

"After the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, more than 1 in 10 people may experience:

feeling tired

tenderness, swelling, redness or itching in your arm where you had the vaccine injection

headache

swollen lymph glands under the arm where you had the injection

muscle pain

joint pain

nausea or vomiting

fever (temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or above)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Advertisement