Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Can someone confirm that the We-Connect card works on ESB Chargers.

Was in Wexford yesterday and plugged in to a charger. Used the We Connect card and it said charging had started, but when I returned to the car about 30 minutes later, charging had stopped. Should I have used the ESB card instead? eagerv and ideas ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

They have always worked fine for me. Some of the new triple head ones don't seem to be on the We connect app map, but the one in New Ross worked fine for me. Will be interested to see if I get charged for it on Sundays' bill. I think Titian Germ had problems with the Enniscorthy one, but haven't had a chance to use that one yet. Normally when they say charging has started, all is well. So, seems strange in your case..

Cool. Thanks.

No sign of Part 2. Was reading on the VW updates info that the updates download when the car is driving and then install after the prompt, whenever suits. My car has not been driven since the 1st part of download this morning and may not be driven again until next Tues due to work commitments over the Bank Holiday. Will be interesting to see when the second part comes in...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've had issues with the 50KW unit in enniscorthy where it'll fail to connect after a few seconds.

I charged there last week though and the screen had changed so the software may have been updated on the unit but it did connect straight away this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

My charging is about 99% esb charging via the we charge card and it’s works most the time. Sometimes the charging session bums out after a few sec but restarting usually solves the problem. Tbh I had more problems with ionity chargers than with esb ones. Maybe some leaf owner stopped your charging?

Don't think so. There was no other EV'S around. Just that it was the first time I'd tried it and wasn't sure if it should work or not.

Another week gone by and not as much as a hello from the dealer, surely there could have been a more realistic delivery date than the middle of July ?

Sunday is the 1st of August ( unbelievable ) and I really can't imagine having the car by the end of August at this stage. That's a long wait. I'm just starting to get a little irritated at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Delivery dates were realistic and then everyone was hit with the semiconductor issue which made a mess of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

First day out in the car in rain today. Have to say not too impressed with the left hand drive wipers on the car that haven’t been adapted to right hand drive. You might not think it would be a big issue, but I find you get a big residual streak of water across your field of view from the left wiper that is distracting. Why (apart from cost!) could VW not have put RHD wipers on the car? Love this car, but loses a little love over this. Anyone have similar experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Commonly reported issue alright on the UK Facebook owners page.

Not sure if it's something can be fixed via software either, is it a case of changing the pattern or is it tough luck due to the wiper shape and position?

It has been aired many times on this forum, agree it's not great. Noticed the streak line last night alright, hadn't noticed it much before the dry weather. There seems to be a bit of grease and road film on the windscreen after all the dry weather.

What I find worse is that the drivers wiper does not go as far up to the A pillar as on the passenger side, because of the initial settled positioning of the blades. Because of the distance of the windscreen from you this leaves quite a blind spot on the right of your vision, particularly when the screen is dirty.

I reckon it is possibly an easy job to change around the blades, just a swap of the lower crank arms. But VW will not admit there is a problem.

I’m not sure it’s as simple as swapping around the crank arms (which would be above my pay grade anyway 😁), but I agree visibility around the right A pillar is sub-optimal. I guess with time I’ll get used to them but it just looks odd. The blades themselves seem very lightweight to me and may be the first thing that needs replacing.

Definitely not something that can be fixed with software. It appears VW have used LHD configuration on RHD models to save money. It just looks so wrong. Of course it was a dry day when I did my test drive and never noticed it until yesterday! Its not a deal breaker, just odd.

So it's there for life, even if VW did acknowledge it was an issue, there's no retrofit fix?

Not to my knowledge, but others may be more familiar with this issue as I believe its been discussed on this and other forums before.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Wonder if that will be fixed in MY22 cars...

VW seemingly won't even acknowledge that it's a problem, so doubtful.

No, it's not a job I would do either . But it doesn't look like rocket science. Keep complaining to VW and who knows, they might install correctly on future models.

The semiconductor issue has been an issue since March but I suppose it took a while to take effect.

• Advertisement

Still only 1st part of OTA update completed, but notice this morning on a short trip that a lot more road signs are coming up on the recognition system above speedo on drivers' display. Perhaps I haven't noticed them before, but previously only saw speed signs and no overtaking sign. Today had warnings of school children, crossroads, bad bends etc.

I think in the future it would be good if cars detect road signs and in the case of town and School zones will not allow you to go over the limit, sensible limits and on roads like I live that you have to stop and climb into the ditch to let cars pass, the speed is really scary.

In my old village People are driving at 80 Km/hr in 50 zones and past crèche on the same road despite failed attempts by locals to get speed ramps, the lazy good for nothing cops in the local Garda station won't do a thing about the speeding, it's not unique to my old home village either.

People can't and won't do it so it's inevitable that that day is coming where the car simply won't allow you break the limit where it really shouldn't be broken.

When I lifted off the throttle this morning near a rural school the car tried to slow up with regen to 15km/h. First time I have seen that limit on screen. Touching the accelerator over rules it of course

I was hoping your car and a few others here may have been on the recent ship, but obviously not

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Ok, 1st part of the update was installed yesterday. Waiting for the 2nd one, although some reported that it might take a week as the car only pings the server once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Part 2 downloaded straight after part 1 was installed for me. Haven’t noticed any changes other than the home button and the background.

Were you doing a lot of driving on the day the two parts were downloaded and installed? I am the same as Rusky rusky, waiting for the second part. But car only being used for very short commutes over the weekend.

Have you noticed more road signs showing on the recognition system?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Downloaded after about 20 km driving. Yes more road signs are showing up but a bit hit and miss,sometimes they do sometimes they don’t.

Unfortunately not, probably September now at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Why do you think that?

Another boat due in at end of week. Electricus’ car should be on it anyway.

Advertisement