Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Weird alright. It looks like the newer car on the inside with the AA sticker and the button start etc. But the screen is definitely smaller than those you see in reviews. Maybe there's an option to upgrade the screen that wasn't ticked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i30N specs are very weird in Ireland. And the fact, that you could not spec in stuff in Ireland for these cars at all. You had only one spec. Mine is 192 and it has bizarre spec. I got electric seats( it goes back when you take key out), auto lights, dimming rear view mirror, parking sensors, rear view camera, folding side mirrors, they angle down when you put in reverse to see kerbs better, Lane assist, emergency breaking etc, but no auto wipers...

UK pre facelift ones came with keyless, heated steering wheel, auto wipers too.

I am looking at this new facelift and it's pretty much the same apart new headlights and wheels. Interior is the same. I have noticed facelift does not have electric seats anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

That’s common with Japanese / Korean cars across the board. There’s generally one spec with little or no opportunity to order something bespoke with a few added options. I think it’s partly down to the distance / shipping cars from Asia to here, obviously it takes a lot longer than shipments from European factories, so the Irish importer probably gets an allocation of X number of cars for the year, all in one common spec and ordering one-off bespoke specs isn’t possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dreaded phone call at 5.25, car is delayed, no time frame, hopefully 4 weeks, max.

Dubke whammy of VW offering 11,250 for the ST. There's probably about 2.5/3k profit in it for them at that price too.

• Advertisement

Thought it had gone into production? If it’s currently in production, then you should see it by late august / early September.

It was in production but the dealer was saying, they were advised that some cars were waiting for parts, those cars were taken off the line, to wait for the parts.

He was saying some cars didn't even get to the shell stage that they had ordered.

Crap. That lends weight to the theory that cars are getting part-built and left parked up waiting for parts.

Last update I got was Wednesday. Shell was painted and it was in the assembly phase.

Same as what I was told on Monday and yesterday, it was part assembled, no idea how far but it's waiting on parts.

Which I'm assuming is related to the shortage in electrical components effecting the entire industry.

Anyone fancy a Clubsport 45, skip the que.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-clubsport-45-2-0-tsi-300-bhp-limi/28813888

• Advertisement

It’s being collected by its new owner this morning!

Got word back from ZuCar and Autobuy, 11k from both.

Private sale it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

No, definitely not!

The guy who jumped on it had his name down on another one but it wasn't due in for a few more weeks and more importantly, he was able to avail of 0% PCP on that white one, which he wasn't getting on the other one. The 0% offer ended today, it is now a frankly completely nuts 5.9% on the CS / CS-45 for new orders 😮

Jesus 5.9.. I had guessed it would go up to 1.9. That could change when the 211’s are on sale maybe? 5.9 seems very high for a new vw.

Just had a look at the website. Lowest rate VW do now is 4.9%.

Yeah very high. I would guess it’s a side effect of the new car supply shortage. They are not going to shift as many units as they would have liked for the next 6-8 months so they hike up the finance rates to claw something back.

I don’t think it will affect existing long time orders (like me!), I think they’ll honour the 0%, but I’m not 100% sure of that! I won’t be paying 5.9 that’s for sure.

5.9% is madness 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I thought the finance rate that applies is whatever is on offer when you take delivery, not when you order.

Afaik, once a car is “tagged” with a customer name / number during a particular offer period or before a cut off date, that offer will be honoured.

i remember when I was waiting on my R (again for ages) I was promised that I’d get the rate agreed upon at order or better, if it happened to be cut again by collection date (it wasn’t)

I don’t think it’ll be an issue but if it is, I won’t be collecting. It’s one thing absorbing a small price increase (600-ish since I ordered) but quite another adding ~4K to the finance cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say it's just an indirect way of discouraging orders that cannot be fulfilled at the moment? Will probably give themselves breathing time to catch up on building out orders already in the system and reduce existing lead times. If they have partially built cars sitting on a factory floor waiting on semi conductors then they only have so much capacity for that at the factory and they need to get them out the door first. I'd say come mid November or December the 0% offers may return as they will be looking at the 2022 order books. That would be my guess anyway.

Yeah that’s my thinking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It would be strange timing considering they just had 0% on most models with service packs thrown in to get the orders in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I think I would be looking for that in writing at this stage Joe to avoid any confusion or dispute come delivery time.

my understanding is that the semiconductor/car shortages are going to continue well into next year so vw aren’t going to be able to meet orders for a while which may mean no low rates for a while

Post edited by carsfan2 on

I'll be hoping that the 0% is honoured, if not, they can keep it especially at 5.9%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Have any of you had an issue with speedo lighting up correctly (Mk7 Golf R with standard dials). It seems very dull?

If so anyone got any recommendations of where in Dublin I could send it in to get it looked at?

I spilled some fuel additive in the boot a few weeks ago and it fogs up everything so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it as I believe their is a dim sensor for turning them on a night time but I'm not sure where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cetera

Ordered a new Golf R on the 30th of July. The VW Bank quote was at the 0% interest rate. It certainly won’t be built and delivered this year, so hopefully that 0% is maintained when the car lands.

I would laugh at them if they tried to get anything out of me other than the 0% that was agreed on when ordering.

Parked next to a brand new English reg Golf R in work there.

Lovely car in fairness, only issue is it's giving me the hurry up ta f**k itch about the CS. :S

• Advertisement

😀

I got an update yesterday. Car appears to be built since late last week (it’s at “Checkpoint 8 handover to sales”) but hasn’t (as of yesterday) left the factory yet.

you can also go to myVolkswagen.ie and add your car to your account using the Comm number. I tried that and it worked. Car has a VIN number which would suggest it’s built.

Advertisement