Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I added 2 to my basket. And 4 went in. Deleted 2 of them and all 4 got deleted and now there's none available. Absolute melt.

Got 2 for 701.

Managed to get 2 for 326 on my phone just after I not the 701's.

Seems tickets are slowly dripping back from closed and cleared baskets.

Post edited by BonnieSituation on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Wonder how many tickets they got to sell I thought they would go quickly I know the pods won't suit a lot but still tickets to be still coming back on for sale seems to suggest not huge interest

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This article made me laugh

According to some Meath fans - David Bowie’s ‘Let’s Dance’ over the stadium speakers and Dublin coming out first with the above music gives The Dubs an unfair advantage.

Ground control to deluded royals? 😆

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Yeah thought there would be panic stations after yesterday evening. Surely a few lines of notes on the website about returned tickets or so on would make more sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lantern Jaw

Any know where the res dubs forum is gone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drserious4

I have to say I don't think Dublin will win the All- Ireland. It is unlikely Kildarr will beat ye, although it may be quite tight. Mayo look handy and Kerry are my favourites to do it. Ye have a tough run in, trouble in the camp, no Cluxton and ye are spluttering over the line against Wexford and Meath. I am not trying to rise Dublin fans when I say this, but just wondering if the feeling in the capital is that they will do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

All the above but I don't think there is trouble in the camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Not convinced by Mayo either and Kerry do have a lot of flaws but look a lot better than Dublin this year at the moment.

I think most fans who watched the games properly feel it is more than likely we will fall short . The squad overall is weaker and while if we got our best team on the pitch we certainly would be competitive I expect us to come up short. Kerry at this point look the most likely and will win a couple more over the next few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I think that few weeks Dublin had to stop training as the media were on the hunt has made for a slow start this year. Meath were flat out the entire time training and weren't exactly being subtle about it. You can bet you're life Kerry have been at it for the past 7 months as well.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

It's novel seeing weakness in Dublin so there might be a tendency to exaggerate the minor shortcomings of late. They'll still be formidable opponents whose resolve has always proved greatest.

While Kerry obviously have scoring potential they've yet to prove they're up to besting Dublin in a battle. They have their owns problems at the back too and the likes of O'Callaghan and Rock aren't known for profligacy. It wouldn't be a shock to me to see Tyrone win through to the final either.

Mayo just won't get enough scores against Dublin to win.

It does make it a bit more interesting though... not knowing for certain whether Dublin are still the same animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭eire4

I wish I could disagree but I can't for the most part. The only area where I would disagree is "trouble in the camp". I don't think there is anything there. I think it is simply a case of retirements and players stepping away after what has been not just a great run but the most successful run and team in the history of the game. Like all good things it had to come to an end some day and while I don't think tomorrow against Kildare will be that day I can see Mayo beating us in the All Ireland semi-final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭eire4

Hope your right and somehow we can go all the way one more year. That would be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

have spare upper hogan if anybody stuck for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Post edited by JuanJose on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭C__MC

It's still dublins to lose IMO

Kerry needed an injury time penalty don't forget to get a draw and same in 20

In 19 and 20, Dublin beat mayo easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Is there anywhere I can rewatch the Leinster senior hurling final from 2 weeks ago? Can't find it on Sky Go or YouTube. Thanks

AI HQF Semple Stadium

Dublin hurling team

Cork team

Edited because of accidental question mark - which looked gas in fairness

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

• Advertisement

Irrelevant, as much as you would like it to be played in Anfield!, I am just linking the team lists.

Edit I see what happened question mark was accidental.😨

Shocking stuff again. The forwards are pure muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Dublin just can't score as efficiently or in great a number as the top teams, they are always capable of a shock result like Galway but they just don't deliver consistently. Three Dublin players have scored in that first half, in contrast, Cork have 7 scorers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

2 soft goals really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Awful performance. We were slow, ponderous and disjointed. Cork weren't even that good, although i suspect they could have upped it if really threatened.

It's not just the inability to hit a donkeys arse with a banjo that annoys me, it's the amount of space Cork defenders had to play quality ball into their forwards was criminal. The workrate of the forwards was shocking today and lead to a lot of easy scores for Cork.

Being honest we are a long way away from competing at any sort of level with that carry-on. Mattie got a lot of things right today but the lack of energy from the frontline must have him pulling his hair out as it happens all too often.

It's not even back to the drawing board, it's a complete root and branch change needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Im inclined to agree there will be another name on Sam this year. The edge seems to have gone off Dublin but that said with a full strength side they will be hard to beat. Put Mick Fitz, Johnny Small, McDaid and Murchan and you have a completely different set up. Up front despite Con and Dean we need another player. A lot of these lads have so many miles on the clock its understandable they they could be a little "off colour".

I think Kerry are favorites. They have matured big time in last year. Seamus O'Sé will be key for them. I think he is as valuable to them as David Clifford and he is now more consistent. They are better in defense despite the first half against Cork. Tyrone on their day will be a match for anyone. They are playing much better football with Dooher and Logan in charge.

Either way what a journey the Dubs have been on. Great ambassadors for the game and role models to young people everywhere.

It was worse than that. They weren't just soft, they were lazy goals to concede. Rushe (who had an otherwise decent game) put in an awful attempt at a shoulder instead of tracking the run or bringing him down. The second goal was pure ball watching. We had enough men back to not level someone unmarked that close to goal.

This team has a serious problem with switching off and today was yet another example of it.

I don't know if it is as bad as that, that a route and branch change is needed? A couple of natural forwards would transform that Dublin hurling team. They seem to lack a focal point at all an 'out ball'. The game today kind of went how most people would have thought it went before the game. Dublin showing heart but being kept at arms length.

Is it time to move Chris Crummy back to the backs? He was fairly ineffective today. Works damn hard as usual 100% but it is pointless having a fella like him there just causing havoc if he does not have a natural forward to work off.

Dublin seem destined to be in that limbo sort of level trying to hang on to the lower top tier of hurling counties, but are way ahead of most of the second tier - arguably the top of it.

• Advertisement

I believe it is that bad to be perfectly honest. Now, I don't for one second think we have any right to be demanding an AI or anything like that but what we see year in year out just isn't good enough. There is zero consistency from this team.

Crummy hit 3 of the worst wides in that first half I've seen all championship. One in particular was about 20yards wide of the sticks. Decent player and all that but having him in the half forwards is a bit of a joke.

I agree a few natural forwards would transform the team but we don't and can't seem to produce them. And I'm not talking about all star caliber either, just good solid forwards that know what to do and do it more often than not. For only 3 players to score in that first half when we were well on top for spells shows how extremely limited we are. That means the opposition are never under pressure just like today.

Advertisement