Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie admins

Options
  • 31-07-2021 12:25am

Hi all,

Just wondering who are the boards.ie admins that one can contact if a moderator bans a member from posting in a thread - not for breaking any rules, but for posting something they don't agree with?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The most active admins I see on the site at the moment are @Beasty and @Mickeroo if that's any help?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was banned from the Covid 19 Part XXXV thread for this post: "It was a criminal offence to leave one's house except for a narrow and specified set of exceptions." (That's the entirety of the post).

The mod in question PMd me:

You are being warned for the following post. You are banned from posting in this thread.

I replied "Why? This is a statement of fact. https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/066ce-ireland-placed-on-full-level-5-restrictions-of-the-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/ - "people will be required to stay at home except for travel for work, education or other essential purposes, and will be permitted to take exercise within 5km of home"

And the mod replied "What you stated is irrelevant. You are banned from posting in the thread. Read the OP and you will see your username there as "threadbanned"" 😂

Like if what I was banned for is irrelevant, why on earth was I banned for it? It seems the mod in question is trying to stop things he doesn't agree with being posted, rather than policing breaches of the rules. It's really very very poor conduct.

There was absolutely nothing in the comment I was threadbanned for which even approached breaking the forum rules. I'd really just like to be able to chat to a more senior mod or admin than the guy who banned me for absolutely nothing and discuss the matter.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You've been thread banned from that thread since march, so what you said is irrelevant. just don't post in that thread again and you wont have any more issues.

Issue resolved, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement