Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ring them i say

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Dunno what happened today but I couldn't get to anyone today. Called services department - no answer after 20 min. Then called customer support - it just has this automated voicemail saying your wait time is more than 20 min forever. Chatted online. No answer. I ended up talking to the customer support team in the US and they got it resolved...

Glad you got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I noticed Richard Taylor of this parish put up his Model 3 P for sale a few weeks ago

I used to enjoy his YT channel he started when he got the car, very informative

He stopped posting videos after he crashed his car about 9 months ago, with quite substantial damage. Maybe he was unable to get an insurance renewal and that forces him to sell his car? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

That's going to hard to sell with crash video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Priced a bit heavy no? Mines the same year with half the kilometres than his and I paid quite a bit less for mine in February of this year. Doesn't have full self driving in fairness but still a bit rich.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Enjoyed his vids too, getting back into his 3 with the wet hair in Sligo was priceless, nice guy.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Too much asking and he should declare that repair work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Anyone here in North Co. Dublin with a wrapped red Model 3? looks the business. Keep seeing it around.

Strange one there. Came out of the shop, unlocked the car and the large sentry circle was on the screen and wouldn't come off it.

Drove back around 25 minutes and it stayed on blocking part of the screen. Drove in and reversed into my parking space and it went off. Happen anyone else ever?

• Advertisement

Never happened me but you could reset if something like that happened. Hold Brake and two steering wheel buttons.

Also you can "report problem" through the voice command and it will upload to Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Anyone know what delivery timelines are like at the moment. If I ordered a Model 3 Performance today, how long should I expect to be waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Tesla do quarterly deliveries. The next quarter ends in September so the bulk of cars would be arriving during that month. They match ordered cars to cars on the way, so if you ordered a standard M3P with black interior & one was on the ship on the way, matching that spec, you would be matched & could have your car pretty soon.

I reckon there would be a good chance an order now would be delivered mid September, or even late August/early September.

Don't forget to use a referral for some free charging......preferably mine 😁.

Gawd I hate this new look boards 😕.

Best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Anyone had an issue with the headlights blinding people after a service? I've read they can be reset during service, and I was out for the first time since service in the dark and I was flashed 3/4 times in a short journey, so something is up as I was never flashed before.

This something the technicians should have done? I see there is manual adjustment, just not sure its so straightforward to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

They can be adjusted in the setting screen. Do it against a wall so you can see the headlights move lower

Is it the dipped beams? Is it possible it was the high beams failing to dip, if set to auto?

I think a recent software update mandates use of auto dip too when autopilot is engaged. I'd check it's not that before messing with the beam alignment or resetting anything.

In fairness, the auto dimming is pretty poor in the Model 3.

Quick follow up - cars are sailing so on the way, according to Tesla. Customer deliveries are expected late August so a car ordered now "could" be matched with an unassigned car.

A call to Sandyford could yield more concrete info.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

Yep, I was in Sandyford yesterday and was told exactly this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Yeah dipped headlights, so not an issue with autobeams.

Followed a guide on YouTube to measure, mark out and adjust headlights, went to an underground car park to complete!! All sorted now. Apparently hitting adjust headlights is enough to knock em out.

So my wife or one of my daughters got into the passenger seat today and broke the button to move the seat forward and back.

Any idea of cost to fix or just bend over and hope for the best?

• Advertisement

Shouldn't just "break", anything internal that "broke" for me Tesla have fixed without issue. Haven't heard of that happening previously though in fairness

Literally snapped off. Stray shoe getting in to the car probably did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nikolaistoev

Hi, I have a couple of questions. I ordered a new model 3 in June and am awaiting delivery in August. This forum has been very useful and I wish I had discovered it earlier.

Is it too late to use a referral now?

Also, I ordered enhanced auto pilot, is FSD more cot effective to be added on later or I can amend my order to have it as part of the initial spec?

Thank you everyone.

Adding FSD is better after purchase here in Ireland as it's subject to VRT if added before purchase. It's also arguable whether it offers much value at present, given the limited functionality. Enhanced AP is better at the moment IMO, but it's an individual decision at the end of the day.

Are you local?

Usually adding a referral after the fact is very, very difficult but I can PM you mine if you want to try. Just let me know & well wear when it arrives 👍️.

A few recent pictures.........if they work on this new look version of boards!

Sadly, not even a 13a socket on the bloody thing 😄.

Quick top up at Ionity, in the sun 🤟.

Since the app can now show all your service histories, I did a bit of reading on every single invoice and found some of them have a balance. Surely they are all covered by warranty and nobody has ever chased me on making any ‘payments’, but I still just want to check and see if anyone else had the same issue?

We've only had one warranty related visit in a year of ownership with a few small issues. All checked/resolved on the same day & show as €0.00.

Oh, the .pdf of the job also shows this in the top left corner:

Yeah all but one have the 'paid' stamp. I'll contact their services department tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Very common problem on the model 3. So,times the SC fix it under warranty as it shouldn’t just fail.

Advertisement