Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

He sacrificed his legacy for the money. Had he stayed in the UFC and remained active, who knows what he could have achieved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I've always despised him and my record here showed that. It brings me great pleasure to see what a loser he has turned out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I didn't say he was making fun of him,I said he was making a point like you said.

Khabib was talking crap, but he could have easily made his point without dragging his father in to it. He made a choice to make it as scummy as possible. Tell me a worse example of evil triumphing over good he could have used against Khabib? Because there are plenty he could have used that were better.

Sure tell us about the "numbers" there. That's sure to turn us. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I remember a time when it was automatic ban if anyone said anything bad towards mcgregor, now it seems to be tolerated haha. Times are changing.

Conors done only good for specatle fights now. Maybe diaz 3 or khabib might come back to smash him once more, surely can't be serious bout Dustin fighting for title and Conor heals and gets another go at Dustin.

• Advertisement

Ah, come on. Be reasonable. There's no need to drag his dad into it. The point is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If the tweet was reasonable, why did he delete it?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Absolutely no point arguing with this guy.

McGregor would run someone over and he'd argue that Conor was only pointing out to the victim that walking is an inferior way of getting form A to B.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He has posted a lot of stupid tweets and deletes them soon after. It’s like he just acts impulsive at times, even if this particular tweet was a reply to Khabib’s of few weeks earlier. Maybe he knows himself he goes too far and tries to backtrack, or people around him make him.

Look we all know this type of tweets are wrong. And various things he has done over the years. But he does some good too that ye don’t get too obsessed with, eg funding the karate team to go abroad, his local soccer team, numerous things really.

Its a pity tho there has been so much poor behavior, as he has alienated himself a bit and will have regrets as he gets older. And made too many enemies really for someone who was initially so loved.

At the end of the day I still wanna see him whooping ass in the octagon, and even when he loses, no other fighter brings the buzz like he does. Only one who comes close is Covington.

I smell a troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

I truly hope to god there isn't a Porier v McGregor 4 as his next fight.

If he's serious about staying fighting, he needs to fight a few rungs down and see what's what. If he goes chasing after the top 5 at this stage he's probably gonna get killed in there.

There's so only far a decent striking game can get you at that level in a division where other guys are bigger than you with better cardio and way better rounded skillsets.

I mean let's be real. His performance against Alvarez was legendary but he lost to Nate, and barely scraped a win against him in the re-match - and this was, genuinely, as prime as McGregor generally ever was.

Get's destroyed by Dustin in R2 in the first rematch, and was well on his way to the same outcome in the third fight before the break. Dustin is not some KO god either. He's very hittable and Alvarez, Gaethje, Hooker all went to war with him.

I don't think McGregor was "bad" in the first rematch. He had good moments, he was just outclassed and his skillset is subpar outside of the striking. He doesn't have the toughness of these guys, once he starts getting hit he falls apart, and when he's not in control he panics. He's not capable of a "war" against a real striker the way the likes of Dustin, Hooker, Gaejthe, Tony, etc are.

I just don't think he's cut out for lightweight. No real shame in it. I mean, someone like Sandhagen would probably get crapped on fighting at that weight as well. He excels at the lower weight for partially the same reason Conor did. Reach and power.

I don't like the whole "they're beating up smaller guys" argument either. It doesn't work for everyone and people have different sweet spots. Porier for example, miles better at LW than FW. Conor had a great spot in FW at a great moment in time.

He's not a bad fighter at LW either. People make out that he demolished a bum Alvarez but that's not true. Nate is a gatekeeper and has gotten worse but he's not awful either and wasn't at that point in time.

But I sincerely doubt McGregor could ever be anything beyond a gatekeeper at LW either at this stage. If he's smart he'll embrace it. I mean it's worked unbelievably well for Masvidal and Diaz. You also have decent fighters like Dan Hooker at LW who will never get a whiff of a belt but give people a great scrap.

Genuinely just not sure McGregor can ever be anything but a 50/50 fighter at LW at best and that's assuming he fights winnable fights. I give him almost zero chance fighting the top guys and I hope he doesn't go that way of insisting on big ranked fights and rack up a huge loss streak. I mean I wouldn't even be confident he could win Diaz 3.

The problem is his insistence on fighting only the best of the best. When you're not at that level yourself, inevitably you'll lose. I'd much rather see McGregor put on fun, decent fights with a few wins than see him get destroyed repeatedly by the likes of Porier, Justin, etc.

I'm not missing the point, it's just that your point is steaming dog-turds!

Are you actually still pretending people don't understand what the tweet meant? As in you think the issue is that people don't understand the point McGregor was making?

As I said, if it was a reasonable tweet, why did he delete it?

Why did man v manure also delete his post earlier in the thread where he had a hissy fit and called everyone losers?

Because neither of these things were reasonable. Using khabibs father to make his point was over the line, there is no getting away from that or obfuscation necessary.

Its endemic of his nature. It is what it is.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

I can smell the sh*te off these posts through my phone. You're convincing nobody, simply because your point is garbage.

That's pretty much all there is to say. I won't be wasting any more time on you

it's just a troll who has been banned and resurrected themselves like a smelly Lazarus

has been trolling around on other threads

if you go to the troll profile by clicking on the username and see the dropdown little triangle with the head and shoulders icon beside message you can choose to ignore user if you wish

Dude, have no idea what you're typing - I have you ignored

Go to town mate for all I care 😂😂😂

Stop trolling, there's a million other things he could of saying instead of bringing the death of his father into it.

If there was no malice in it then why he did delete it?

I like Porier, and he will have the belt before Conor returns. Its the money fight and easy money for him as he will destroy Conor again.

Wouldn't blame him in the slightest for picking up another huge cheque for an easy fight for him.

• Advertisement

That ignore list is handy, don't have to see any of his ridiculous statements. Reported as well for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

How do you know Conor wasn't calling Khabibs dad evil and covid good?

I didn’t delete anything and never have. I don’t even know how to delete posts here.

I hope porier ends up with the 4th fight and ends McGregor's fantasy world once and for all at at lightweight.

McGregor's career summed up in three lines.

1) An absolute scumbag and Narcissit of the highest order.

2) Fantastic at featherweight, no one was better during his time in it.

3) A top eight fighter at lightweight and nothing more.

Apologies, must have been a mod. Just trying to further put meat on the bones of a point, no big deal.

For the record I actually have no idea how to delete posts since this **** migration either tbh, maybe it's not even an option anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Remember when McGregor kept dropping the religious references, trying to make out he was all holy and a devout Catholic, was that in the build up for the cowboy fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

How is he even top 8 at LW? He literally has one win at LW against Eddie Alvarez who was never elite and was shipped off to ONE FC.

His others wins out of FW have been at WW versus Nate (some would say he didn't win) and Cowboy (who was clearly over the hill)

If i'm honest I think Conor was good at FW, but he wasn't elite. He fought cans and his only good wins were against 2 week Mendes and skinny Dustin (who was knocked out with shots to the back of the head)

The Aldo fight was over before it even started because he got into his head so much that it made Aldo rush out with his chin in the air trying to land a haymaker on Conor!

These days Conor's mind games don't work. His left hand isn't the same at LW and his ground game is very ordinary. Don't forget mini Mendes held him down for 2 whole rounds.

He still won the fight against mendes though, sure look at him again porier in that weight class.

I'd still rank him in the top 8 or top 10 anyway. He's still no where near the top.

That division is full of crazy fighters though, all unreal so maybe a mid fighter against someone like Gillepesie or gamrot should be his next fight.

I wouldn't even classify his ground game as ordinary, its brutal.

Watching the Bellator this morning makes me wonder what May have happened if Conor hadn’t gone to ground when he was strangling Dustin like an Xmas turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Nonsense thread and has been for a looong time.......ooh the big bad man he said she said handbags lalala

Advertisement