Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug list for new Boards

Options
  • 17-07-2021 9:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ridic number of bugs in the new site.

Here's a non-exhaustive list of bugs I've found (note I use the dark blue/light blue colour scheme, not sure if everyone else does):

In a post I made, when I hover over my avatar, the context menu pops up. Many of the elements in it are white on light grey background which is illegible.

On the top right, when I click on my avatar and the context menu pops up, some of the elements in it are dark grey on dark blue background which is illegible.

In My Threads , all threads are shown in bold (which means I haven't read the latest posts) even when I have read them.

In My Threads, when I click the tiny right arrow underneath the Latest Post column, this does not bring me to the latest post.

On each page of a thread, the ordering is (first post) (page navigator) (rest of the posts) (page navigator). Of course the order of the first two should be swapped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,563 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I've seen at least 2 other threads on which bugs/issues/frustrations are being listed.

Would make sense to consolidate in to 1, pin it on Front page and have categories to allow people to see what has already been listed and being actioned.

Wishful thinking at this point probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,563 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Boom, double posts, at that to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

What was User CP where your subscribed thread's were is gone for me and no My Discussions don't work either....

Actually forget the rest it's a pure **** show...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭dmc17

🙄

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Why were my badges removed? There one day, removed the next!

Edit: Unless users click on my name to view my profile, they have no idea I’m a moderator, or which part of the site I moderate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Ability to post completely empty posts such as one above should be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If you insert a hyperlink in a comment, it is invisible unless/until you mouseover it. BUT you are unlikely to mouseover if you don't know it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

Clicking the div with the id "homepage-tabs" on the front page

Results in this:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not sure if this counts as a bug, but when viewing the profiles of others, should I be able to see items like the fact that the have not confirmed thier email, and someone reported them for SPAM.... The first might be GDPR, the second might board on defamation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I’m a mod, but I can’t open modutils.boards.ie anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

After Hours forum home page doesn't have any pagination, so you can't see any threads after the first page.

AH:

As an example of one that works, the CA forum:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I was upgraded to a Mod (since I was one before), but I don't have permission to read the post on "how-to-guide-for-mods-july-2021".

Thread names with an ampersand in them appear correctly when the thread is viewed, but appear unescaped i.e. as "&" when viewed in a list of threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Getting this when I'm trying to post a pic in Cool Vids & Pics & Links and funny pics

• Body is 1 character too short.

So can't post any pics

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Add a couple of full stops after the embedded picture, then click on Post Comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Is there any way to 'mark forum read'?

I found that feature very handy.

When I was finished reading the threads that interested me in a particular forum, I could click the 'mark forum read' button and it was very easy then to spot any subsequent new posts that appeared as they were in bold font.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Whatever update you did on 14th Oct has broken the css (again). Each topic is now way too tall. there appears to be some message at the top of the screen but it is hidden under the blue header.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

When you're logged out, the Trending section on the homepage is showing stuff from July, seems to be frozen in time. Also like Gerry above said, the header seems to be covering up the top of the pages, on the homepage it's actually covering the "Trending" header.

After you log in, header is now covering the tabs to switch between latest posts, my threads, trending, etc. The trending tab still continues to display posts from July

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement