Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Kudos

Options
  • 30-07-2021 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I have been told that you can give kudos to everyone you follow regardless of whether you did a ride or run with them, does anyone know how to get access to this feature, I believe its only possible on a laptop. thank you

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭cletus

It's just the thumbs up button under each activity.

You can do it from any device, laptop or mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hopelessone1

sorry what i meant was that you could give multi kudos with one click on a thumbs up at top of page on laptop, buddy can do it but doesnt have the link to how to do it. thanks for your input though,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

You can give Kudos to multiple riders at a time if they were all on the same spin.

if you see a bitten marked “manage Group” on an activity, click on it. It will display all riders that were on that spin.

if you then shake your phone it should display a dialogue box, which will allow you to give kudos to all riders on the spin by pressing the “give kudos to all riders” button.

example:

yea thanks i know about that feature thanks. but their is a way of giving kudos to everyone one you follow regardless of whether you cycled with them or not. my mate just showed me on his laptop. someone sent him the link for it but alas he doesnt know what it was, hopefully someone here will know. But Thanks anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Kudos to everyone you follow? Are you sure? And based on what criteria, simply the last ride they rode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Why on earth would you wish to give kudos to everyone you follow? That would just cheapen the feature (as if it's not cheapened enough!). So Johnny walks 100m to the corner shop for a paper and you want to give him kudos?

my reasons are not your concern, i asked a legitimate question and could do without your opinion as it was not asked for or needed

I'm still not quite sure I understand what you want to do.

Do you want to press one button that gives kudos to all of the most recent activities on your feed, or all activities by all people you follow?

Also, this is a public forum, so once you post, you don't really get to control people's response to the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fair enough but you are posting on a public forum and you have to expect the rough with the smooth. You could have chosen to just ignore my post if you are so easily offended.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

anyway, i don't think you can do what you have asked, you don't give your friends kudos per se, you give kudos on their activities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

No kudo for you with that response

(By the way, have had lots of arguments over whether 'kudos' is a singular or plural noun, you know, the important stuff of modern living)

Anyway, lighten up a bit, tis only soshal meeja after all. Sorry I can't help you with the query- I just give the odd 'kudo' to the half dozen or so lads who I ride with. I give the wife a bit of kudos when she deserves it also. She's a better rider than me, pound for pound

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I have two people who follow me and I'm 100% sure they do this. Like no matter what I post I will get kudos from them within minutes despite barely knowing them. Takes all the fun of seeing the kudos notification pop up on my phone.

Personally I would only give Johnny kudos in that instance if he posted a selfie to go with the activity.

anyone who falsely singularises kudos should be shunned. kudos is not a plural.

I agree totally! I've always assumed it's Yiddish or something germanic or whatnot- I'll never forget the day a cyclist went mad with us because we were too mean to give her a 'kudo', not even a SINGLE KUDO! I still smile at the thought

Kudo is one of those stupid back formations, where people assume that the s at the end must be a suffix.

Then people like David Crystal tell us all it must be a word, because people are saying it 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Always thought the plural for Kudos was Kudi😂

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭ARX

I thought Kudos was a Linux distribution.

i have been to several meetings which have been preponed due to scheduling issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Preponed is a new one for me now. To be fair, language is simply shared understanding/consensus. If enough people agree on a word, then than word is perfectly cromulent.

You wouldn't feel that way if you listened to some of the teenagers I teach...

• Advertisement

So 'clusterfcuk' should be a collective noun: a 'clusterfcuk of civil servants' for example.

But back to kudos.... what is the plural? The OP wants advice on how to distribute said multiples. Kudai or kudosses don't sound right to me

any time i've heard the term, it's been from colleagues in india.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

You can do it if you add Strava Enhancement Suite (extension) to your browser, under options select 'Show button to give Kudos to all'

10 minute mark, the "Strava Bomb" is discussed, but it's still only kudos for all riders on a single group spin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I have notifications turned on so as soon as someone I follow posts a ride, I get a ping. I get kudos from my other half seconds after pressing the save button - its our quick way to show I got home safely. The rest of the notifications I ignore until I'm ready to analyse their stats vs mine 😆

How many followers do people here have, roughly. I have ten followers, and I follow twelve people (the extra two are Lachlan Morten, and Wout Van Aert, and they never give me even a single kudo)

After that, there's 3 or 4 people who would routinely give me kudos, and I them.

Mostly I view it as a way of saying good job, well done for getting out there and running/cycling/kayaking/whatever

following 44, 43 followers.

0 followers, following 0, no club, never given or received kudos, every ride done solo, :)

• Advertisement

I've no club either, but I do have a few friends 😜

Advertisement