Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ifeelabreeze

As far as I am aware you can 'take a break' but you still have to hold the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Do ye reckon offers will be emailed by the end of August?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Marty1476

there’s also a you tube video on the Garda physical that’s worth a watch

Spot on, hold the position at the top with elbows locked and legs in correct position, you can’t go down on your knees or sit up like

Post edited by Marty1476 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Rebeccab99

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Did HR contact you directly to confirm your vetting was completed? I’m curious to know how this part works.

I contacted them to see what stage it was at and they said it had just been cleared that week because I had also rang up the week before and it was still going through checks so it was cleared then within the week!

I hope so, they do try to give at least 4 weeks notice but the last few intakes didn’t get that luxury because they couldn’t move on medicals and pct’s with lockdown etc, Hopefully they’re now better organised to get files completed and give a reasonable amount of notice to applicants so we can do the same for our current employers.

that’s only my guess and hope though, not based on any strong evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fay711

You can pause but you have to be in the ‘up’ position once you fall you’re gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Anyone know when the PCTs resume?

They are starting back Saturday august the 7th! HRM are sending out appointments by email, I got an email today to say that mine is the 14th of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lor198

Hey , did anyone else get a medical Declaration Form to fill out and send back to them today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beamere90

Got called in for PCT on the 7th starting to **** bricks now for the beep test, any tips/pointers for it, best of luck to everyone going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ifeelabreeze

Got some bad news yesterday, I'm off my foot for 2 months with a stress fracture in my foot/ankle.

I was already called for my fitness test on the 7th of August.

Assuming there are no issues with vetting, would I still be on track for the November intake?

Edit - Just to clarify, I'm going to be medically fit to sit the PCT from the 25th of September onwards.

The November intake is on the 15th + 4 weeks notice means ~ 18th of October.

25 days for PCT and Medical, is that feasible?

Post edited by ifeelabreeze on

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

From what i've seen lately.....absolutely !

I know of someone in for PCT on 14th august and was told by HR to be prepared to book a medical with medmark the middle of the following week. Another lad I know did that combination within a week of each other when medmark first became an option, so yes you could definitely get them done in that period from what i've seen.

The vetting is a different kettle of fish 😁 No patterns emerging there whatsoever. As far as I know, you cant go through final checks on vetting until PCT and medical are done, and how long that takes would be a guess from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Neec

Anymore pct date email this week.

I send in GP form on the 25th of June and I haven't heard back for a date for pct. Anybody send go form around that time and got a date for pct.

Edit: got email today for the 7th of August for pct..

Any advice from those who done there test

Post edited by Neec on

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Purgatory123

Once the bleep test is over they give a ten minute break. Use this time to get the heart rate down and re hyhdrate. Some of my group failed the sit/ups push ups as they were still recoverong from the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KaylaC

Got called for a medical in just over a week, the form you have to fill out asks if you take any medication, I'm currently taking beta blockers for heart palpitations, not too sure if I should tell them or not incase it stands in my way of getting in? Any advice?? TIA

Was anyone here offered a place for the July 2021 intake and defer? If so, did HR allow you to do this?

Post edited by Goddard on

• Advertisement

My advice is don’t lie to them, they will link up with your GP and it will be on your medical history,,they will know whether you tell them or not

speak to your Gp about the upcoming medical for AGS and take their advice.

You’re allowed take medication for necessary problems and that isn’t a bad thing, I think problems will start if you don’t open up about and be straight with them and they find out down the line

I know my advice may not be what you want to hear but they will ask questions that they already know the answer to so don’t jeopardise a potential career, ask your Gp if it could be something that might fail the medical or just something that they need to take note of, but honestly don’t try and fly under the radar it will get flagged

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KaylaC

Thanks a mill!! I was kind of thinking the same thing myself so I'll have a chat with my GP and suss it out. I'm sure it won't be a big deal but just wanted to be prepared before I went up. Thanks again 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nathz112

Yeah I deferred a July offer due to lack of notice for my current employer (a weeks notice to start!) they replied within 10 minutes to say it was no problem and I should get an offer for September 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Purgatory123

Does anyone know how long 'final checks' take?hope its not another drawn out process!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kearns199

Hey guys first time on here I done my application in 2019 carried out the rest of the stages in 2020 and finished my last stage last week which was the Medical exam and I passed… just wondering does anyone know what happens next is it a long wait for the call up to the college etc .. any help appricated 😊

it’s different for everybody. I’m part of the 2018 recruitment campaign and I’m still waiting for the call up, I was hoping to be in the May and July intake but my vetting is yet to be cleared so I’m still playing the waiting game.

if you’ve passed your pct and medical you just need to find out if your vetting is complete, give the HR office a call and ask (01-6662571). Some people get their vetting cleared very quickly and others (like myself waiting since 2018) take longer and no body knows the reason.

unfortunately there is no direct answer to your question but if you’ve passed medical and pct put a call in to HR and ask about your vetting, if your vetting is cleared and approved that means your file is complete and there should be no reason why you wouldn’t be called up for the September intake

best of luck with it

’final checks’ Is a bastard! Im from the 2018 campaign and my file went into final checks in 2020 and then went back to ‘vetting outstanding’ and has been that way since.

I do believe they’re starting to get a better handle on things and for your file to go into ‘final checks’ is a very good thing.

the whole covid situation put the brakes on a lot of ‘moving forward’ with the hr department especially for pct and medicals, vetting also took a back seat for applicants.

we’re getting back to a bit of normality now so hopefully final checks won’t take as long going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bryan1986

Wow 2018?!? When did you send off your form B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kearns199

Wow thanks for the reply I did not think it would take that long is there any reason for your vetting to be takeing so long ?? I only passed my medical a week ago there’s probably no point calling yet to find out

Advertisement