Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe Electric how long to process completion cert from electrician

Options
  • 30-07-2021 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just building a house and my electrician has sent in the cert to Safe Electric and its just now on their system today. Its saying this can take up to 10 days but what in reality is the current turnaround in getting this to ESBN so they can connect me.

Pushing to get into the house by September and this is on the critical path.

Thanks

ECO

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Not sure as I use the RECI Electronic Completion Cert (ECC) system. That said, it shouldn't take too long although there may be a backlog of certs to process within the RECI office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Is the service in from the pole to the meter box cutout(and connected up)

I assume everything is paid up otherwise they’ll be a long delay

if everything is in order then approximately 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Yeah, everything is in place, ducting, meter box, connection fees paid since March all done through the new ESBN online system. My completion cert is now with Safe Electric and they need to do some checks on the cert my electrician sent in. But just wondering how long does it take these lads in safe electric take to do these checks and send the cert to ESBN.

Once ESB have the cert I might be able to pull a few strings and move things a bit faster as I have few connections in there...😉

As soon as safe electric have the certificate (assuming it’s filled in correctly)it’s put directly on the esbn system. Before COVID it was possible to bring the certificate directly into safe electric office and it was put on the system before leaving.your rec should be able to check the status of the certificate by visiting

mycertstatus.ie

Just a final follow up for your all information

My Electrician posted the cert to Safe Electric on a Tuesday last week

It went up on Safe Electric System late Friday afternoon that week

ESB Networks got the Cert on Tuesday afternoon and is now on their system and its saying 10 days to go live.

Funny thing is when I check www.mycertstatus.ie its still saying waiting validation??

Here's now hoping ESBN will connect me sooner rather than later

• Advertisement

It should say

this Cert has been validated by safe electric and sent to esbn for connection on(date)

perhaps safe electric are just slow updating

Just a final follow up to this tread.

It took I think about 4 working days from my electrician posting in my cert to getting on the safe electric system. Then another day for them to approve it and send it to the ESBN new connection online system.

It then took three weeks for ESB to get me connected (today al last). This after a lot of phone calls and my missus actually working for ESBN and knowing a lot of the people who approving and supervising the works. TBH we did get caught up in the crazy holiday season and lost at least a week or two between lads being on holidays.

I am following a new house build on Instagram and they submitted their cert the same day as I did and they got connected 2 weeks ago... so I do think I was unlucky but if we didn't know anybody within ESBN I think it could be another week or so they way they were talking....

On another note I got an ordinary day/night meter and not a smart meter???? I thought everybody was going to get a smart meters and considering the smart meter does day night readings anyway, I don't know why they put in the bog standard one

Thanks for the update. Best wishes to you and your family in your new home.

Advertisement