Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

Should be good....hopefully we tear into em from the off.....felt we didnt give it a full go in the final last year.....il be happy if we give it all

That being said limk are improved since then too

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Where’s the logic in that !

It’s tough being out 4 weeks in a row but its’s better than sitting at home watching some other county taking part. You can only deal with what’s in front of you, with what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭decies

The logic is the all ireland final brings extra pressure , no time for that now in a week just time to recover and give it another rattle .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Only thing you’d say is the Sunday game might have been better for our lads rather than the Saturday, give us an opportunity of extra 24 hours to get the bodies in order after that punishment yesterday. Don’t care about the opposition, we’ll have a right rattle off Limerick same as we did against Tipp and Galway, fear no one and bring it on I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Fantastic game yesterday, I’m still buzzing. The lads were exceptional and executed the game plan perfectly.

The Bennett’s, Aussie, Barron, Dessie all superb. That sideline from Austin nearly inside his own half that’s probably still travelling was unbelievable. The offload hand pass to Peter Hogans point was also ridiculous.

My heart was in my mouth in the last ten minutes, I can only imagine how those at the game or indeed the players felt. When John McGrath was bearing down on goal I think we were all waiting for the net to bulge. Would have been no benefit to anyone had the game gone to extra time, it would have only been to the benefit of Limerick/KK for next weekend.

So on to next Saturday it is. It would have been a huge task just trying to beat Limerick any day but being four weeks out in a row is concerning in terms of mental and physical energy levels later in the game. I really hope it doesn’t come down to being the deciding factor. Should have Conor Gleeson back but not sure if Iarlaith Daly will be available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Cornerboy 2

Excellent performance yesterday against an experienced Tipperary outfit. Didn't Dessie perform brilliantly and Barron. Peter Hogan has found his best position at midfield. A special word for the bench especially Monty & Kiely who rescued that game when it looked like it might get away. A word too for O'Brien......a vital save. Great team performance 2 weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

some stat ,would also like to know if 3-35 from play is some kind of record within the big 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Fantastic performance and result, really stood up and steadied the ship after what was a hammer blow of those two goals in a minute after such a great start.

Power of the bench was really on show. I was questioning the long puck outs in the second half. Tide seemed to be turning with Tipp gobblying everything up but Monty with his first contribution won a fantastic ball that looked lost due to sheer persistence and work rate. Layed it off (can't remember who to) but they slotted it over the bar.

Will be rank outsiders going four weeks in a row particularity against such a well conditioned and physical team but you know what stranger things have happened . They'll die with their boots on and that's all we can ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Initial club allocation based on 6,000 tickets between clubs is 108 adult and 12 juvenile tickets per club

I'm not worried about being outsiders, i'm worried if we beat them we will be favourites

• Advertisement

I was remembering my trip down there in 2011 and the 7 goals they shipped on us when those 2 went in, delighted we stemmed the tide and simply outworked them

• Registered Users Posts: 38,292 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tickets priced €50 for Adults with €10 for kids

Adult tickets pretty dear esp for a semi final

12000 attendance between both counties, which is miniscule. Sure they could of fit more in the terraces yesterday in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Congrats on the win.

I think most would realise I have a soft spot for Waterford hurling - even if some get their knickers in a twist if i mention Tipp on this thread.

i'd love to see any team win an all-ireland playing the hurling Waterford play.

I hope ye win it. And in that kind of style. Smashing offensive, stylish hurling.

The team is beginning to come ripe.

No one will give ye a chance against Limerick - 3 to 1, I think - there's no pressure - rock up and rock on. Goals, goals, goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Just recovering from the game now 😂

This team showed some character yesterday, and will have a right cut off Limerick next Saturday.. Pity there wasn't a 2 week break to the semi final.. Very unfair to expect a team to go 4 weeks on the trot.. Still, knowing Cahill, he or the team won't use that as an excuse next weekend.. We're playing hurling the way it should be played.

UP THE DÉISE 💙

3 of the ladies footballers miss out today as close contacts of a covid case. Another warning (if needed) to the hurlers.

Yep true

I'd say Covid couldn't stop this current Limerick squad (only a joke relax)

as its a fiunal with no followups hopefully its a reschedule, but a semi? yeah that could be a walkover

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Next week our 14th all ireland semi final since 98.

98, 02, 04, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21

A lot of heartache there, heres hoping for a good day Saturday

Some heartbreak but some great moments too esp 2008 and 2017. 2020 was such a great night and will be long remembered

Sadly a lot of those years were filled with top class Cork, Tipp and Kilkenny teams (only Clare in 02 and Limerick in 2007 were our opposition outside of those 3 teams) . Recent years the ultra athletic and skilled Limerick teams have come on the scene

Roll on next Saturday, it's nice to be up against the best. If the Waterford clubs are getting 6000 tickets and I presume the same for Limerick clubs, would that mean at least 8000 tickets might go on public sale.

• Advertisement

in some ways,the lack of break lets us avoid a buildup, i am more worried we perform and do it and brainfart in a final we would then be favourites for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

'07 is the one we need to focus on. Talk about a reversal of roles.

07 was a shitshow, i am fairly sure they changed the rules after that game,that you always get a weeks rest before a semi ,what might have been

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

What killed Waterford in 2007 was the provincial champions had to play a quarter final instead of going straight into a semi final. I think it’s the only year that it happened and just our luck. Two games against cork and then bang against limerick in the semi.

Also a repeat provincial final pairing should not have been allowed at semi final stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I recall Stephen Frampton being quoted in the buildup to the 1998 Munster final (might have been someone else, might have false memory) that playing and losing was never the problem. The problem was the shagging interminable training sessions. Every other amateur sport seems to manage with games every week during the season. I think there is finally an acceptance within the GAA that this can work and spreading the blue riband competitions across the summer in order to 'promote the games' makes too many demands on the players involved. It'll be interesting to see what emerges post-Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Anyone know what the story is with tickets? I’ll get them through the local club here for Sunday’s game but I’m hoping for a general sale for Saturday. Is it definitely 24,000? The club allocations look poor enough if it is 24,000?

Yeah me thinks yet another feck up by the government and its actually 24000 between both semi finals (12000 a match)

Clubs are getting a low enough allocation if it is 24000

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Surely not if Croke Park has been having 18,000 attendances up to now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

It's 24,00 for each semi

Advertisement