Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2021 Round 11: Hungaroring

Comments

I’d say they’re delighted to get him after the T-shirt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Very disappointing but that's a schoolboy error from Aston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Why do they need atleast a litre of fuel at the end of the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Saw something on twitter to say Russell has same issue hence he stopped at the pit exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Would any amount not do then? There's too many nonsense rules in F1

Poor Lewis is suffering from long Covid. Bless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

To test for illegal additives. It's basically like a urine sample from an athlete. If the athlete doesn't provide enough of a sample then they get disqualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

Needs to be at the barrier limit which is a litre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Obviously it's not safe to have cars running out of fuel on track either, so the rule means that they have some reserve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Any amount would not necessarily be enough. I don't know how the tests work, but I imagine they divide the sample into a few parts to do different tests. The rule about needing a full litre of fuel has been in for ages.

Did Vettel complete the in-lap? Sometimes they don't complete the in-lap to make sure they have fuel for testing.

This moves Williams further up. Amazingly lucky result for lots of drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭lolie

Thats a sickner for Vettel but its the same for everyone so Aston have no one to balme but themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

They say a loss of last is a symptom of long covid, seeing how he dresses, the signs were there all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

did they say why russel lost all those places near the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Overtook them in the pit as Williams are the last pit crew

He had to hand the places back. He jumped people at pitlane exit because he was in the last pit stall.

They showed him actually overtaking Ocon coming up to the pit exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ocon has been disqualified because his Alpine teammate, Alonso, was a big meanie and didn't let Hamilton pass him easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭quokula

Aston Martin are saying that the FIA-mandated fuel flow equipment told them there was 1.7 litres remaining in the car, and they believe it is actually in there and that the pump used to extract it failed to pick it up, so they are appealing the decision. This is reminiscent of the time in 2014 I believe when the Red Bulls were disqualified because the fuel flow equipment the FIA supplied them with was giving inaccurate measurements, their appeal failed on that occasion so it will be interesting to see if we get the same thing here.

In all honesty, Vettel stood on that podium, sprayed the champagne, celebrated with the team, and Aston Martin have deep enough pockets that losing some points and finishing maybe P6 instead of P5 in the WCC isn't going to really materially impact them, so I think Vettel can be extremely proud of what he did at this race both on and off the track and that is the important thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I got a good chuckle out of Hamiltons radio messages during all of that. Something about moving and it was very high speed...yeah, we know how that goes, Lewis.

It was shown on Sky with lots of ‘hahahaha cheeky’ type remarks. If it had have been someone like Mazepin they’d have been gasping and clutching their pearls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Vettel seems to have been disqualified. Someone more technical here might explain why it's so important to get 1 litre of fuel as opposed to .33 of a litre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭barryribs

Because that's what the rulebook says, basically. It's arbitrary but it is what it is, the rulebook and the FIA's application of penalties are wildly unfair at times but that's Formula 1.

• Advertisement

There's discussion of it in the last page or so.

Yep "cheeky" and "gamesmanship" are very powerful words to British sports commentators, they can be used to justify basically anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Aston Martin are appealing Vettel's DQ and are claiming there was over 1.7 litres of fuel in the car but that the FIA failed to siphon it out. In the meantime Vettel has been classified in 2nd place pending outcome of the appeal. Stay tuned it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did I miss something? What is he getting treated for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Wow, everyone has the drivers they like and dislike for various reasons but that's a truly low level of posting.

He was clearly struggling to just get up onto the podium and it was commented on by several here how shattered he looked, in fact he needed Ocon to give him a hand to pull him up. It's known he has had Covid and it is known that many people suffer from long Covid. What's so hard to believe he is actually struggling with health after such a tough race!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

F1 is joke now with rules .

I t really is just make it up as you go along.

Bit like boards.

I feel sorry for Russell.

This site is messed up and hard to post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That race was bloody phenomenal. The beginnings of it didn't look to be so promising at the start with Bottas making a hames of it at the start of the race. It was a mad race throught & it's finish near the end was like a fairytale that fell into place for Alpine. It was absolutely wonderful entertainment & I loved every bit of it. Alonso was outstanding today to keep ahead of Hamilton for most of the race. He produced some wonderful driving on the track today against Hamilton who was moaning silly things about rules on the radio that were simply commonplace in F1 from years ago. It's sort of like repeating an age old mantra that age does not get beaten with experience. Alonso showed us that his experience out there really counted on the track today. It was a defining moment that gave Alpine the destiny in allowing Ocon to win the race.

Although we are in post-race mode for several hours now; it has given us some unusual outcomes in how things stand at the moment with Vettel's DQ decision from the stewards being appealed to the FIA over his apparent fuel sample issue in his car. In this scenario that's occurring with Vettel at the moment; my heart & head are saying right now that Vettel should not lose his podium because he deserves to keep it after putting in a great shift out on the track today. The fuel sample issue should be investigated thoroughly if the FIA had apparently put in faulty equipment to check the fuel sample after the race was won by Ocon. If the appeal on the fuel sample goes against Vettel; I would be gutted.

I would say that Vettel's overall performance in Aston Martin has not been that bad so far after he moved on from his final year at Ferrari.

He won a P2 podium in Baku this year after Perez won that race when Hamilton messed up the final grid start in the final 2 laps. This ability from Vettel tells me that he has the potential & the ability from within himself to actually win podiums in his car which was provided by Aston Martin which does count as a good thing to increase his morale while he is with the team. The car has not been too great sometimes while it has done the qualifying sessions. However the car has been giving some decent points finishes in a lot of the races this season when they are given out during the race day especially when he had that great performance in winning decent points being 5th at Monaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

This place would easily turn a neutral into rooting for Hamilton,some absolute braindead comments from lads that get a misery horn when Hamilton appears on the tv!

I refuse to believe some of you are grown ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

If Hamilton ( or any other driver who has had covid) is suffering from long covid symptoms, should they be allowed drive F1 cars ?

Hamilton revealed post race yesterday he has had issues since the end of last season

Symptoms of long COVID

• extreme tiredness (fatigue)
    • shortness of breath.
    • chest pain or tightness.
    • problems with memory and concentration ("brain fog")
    • difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
    • heart palpitations.
    • dizziness.
    • pins and needles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

he shouldn't be competing so. far to dangerous a sport for someone suffering such symptoms. Mercedes should do the right thing and bring in the test driver. (someone make that trend on twitter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

It would be a real shame for the season, but some of those symptoms sound like they could be potentially dangerous to have on track - so if he does have it, it might be best to take an extended break.

Hopefully he doesn't have it and the couple of weeks off does him good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is it safe to have him competing if he’s experiencing symptoms like that? Hopefully he’ll be fine for the rest of the season we need this battle to continue, if he’s gone Max will walk it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Aston Martin seems to have struggled the most with the change to the floors this season, they've gone from competing with mclaren and Ferarri for p3 in the constructors to competing with alpha tauri and alpine for p5. Would have been interesting to see vettel in a truly competitive car like they had last year, but he does seem to be in the right place right time this season like Baku and Hungary which is ultimately why he was brought in. Do hope Aston Martin can appeal his DQ successfully but I don't see how they can magic another 700mls of fuel out of thin air. Stroll is struggling a bit this season.

Stroll started pretty poorly and has been having a howler since then. He looked OK in the first few races because Vettel was doing terribly (driving into the back of Ocon was a particular lowlight). But Vettel has improved and Stroll is languishing I think 8th is his highest finish this year. And he's had race weekends where he failed to get out of Q1! Had some poor luck like the tyre failure in Baku too.

Hamilton is a compulsive liar, all he's done is said he "might" have long covid to the British media who have lapped it up. No doctor has diagnosed him with anything and he was happily bouncing around after winning the previous race by putting his competitor in hospital. Long covid doesn't suddenly appear 9 months later, coincidentally on a day when you performed poorly and had to do a bit of work for once.

He's just milking it and making excuses, maybe since covid impacts your sense of taste and smell it also impacts your ability to identify a dry track that was blatantly obvious to every other driver on the grid.

In fairness you’re insulting someone because of a love for someone you have never met, so you can’t dislike it the other way around.

That’s sport though, it’s part of what makes it worth following.

Unfortunately that poster always brings so much toxicity to every thread, there's no point wasting time responding to the disgusting abuse they keep throwing out.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think it’s a different level of scumbag to downplay anyone getting medical treatment.

I did it with the very few who said Max was faking it last week and I’m doing so again this week.

This fool has been posting absolute shite for the last number of weeks and has gone running away when people question him. Including this weekend where he said Hamilton’s qualifying was ‘a new low’, after accusing him of trying to kill Max last week.

You defend a troll there like a good man.

FYI, I don’t have any particular gra for for Hamilton, just the sheer hatred of him by some here is laughable to the point that they actually make up **** to try and discredit anything he ever does, and foam at the mouth if he does anything at all. It’s a sad reality of where Formula One has gone.

EDIT: I didn’t see you pipe up when I was called an arsehole and all sorts earlier in this thread, but you’ll defend your buddy here. Inconsistencies everywhere.

And you make up lies every single thread and you run away when you are called out on it.

I’ll ask you again, how was Hamilton’s qualifying this week ‘a new low’ when you said he tried to kill Max last week.

Were you chatting **** then, or are you chatting **** now?

I’m not too pushed about your opinion either way, and I’ve no “buddies” here. I was merely pointing out that you say they can’t criticise someone because they don’t know them, but you can defend them because you…. don’t know them either.

Never said nobody can criticise anybody, so thanks for twisting my words there.

People can criticise whoever they want, but that post wasn’t criticism, it was pure and utter hatred. And people having such a hatred towards a sportsman they have never met is sad. To question anyone’s medical needs is scummy, just like those few questioning Max a couple of weeks ago which I called out too.

If you can’t tell the difference then that isn’t my problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

If ever they was a race I wished I had of watched live it was yesterdays race. Highlights just are not the same. Really need to figure out a way to watch the races live. I am bored of watching highlights and missing all the crazy banter in here. Any boxs out there that give access to the sports and are reliable. DM me if you know please. I will buy you a point in the future if it works. Got 3 weeks to sort it out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement