Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Is Strange: True Colors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jomzy

What kind of game is this? Is this like sims or like heavy rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

More like Heavy Rain, walking around, talking to people, unravelling the awesome story but with some magic powers thrown in for fun. Have a look at this gameplay from Life is Strange 1, will give an idea how the game plays.

Wanted to get this physical but noticed you can only get standard editions and I really want the Wavelength DLC from the Deluxe edition. I see you will be able to upgrade your physical copy to the Deluxe version but it will be cheaper buying the Deluxe version. I can't see prices of upgrading from physical disk. Jesus why do they make it so awkward.

Some found on Steam that the upgrade is $13, price seems to be removed now but that could be 13 to 15 euro over here. Hmmm not sure what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Is there a release date for the DLC? I'm assuming it be later than the base game

I'm not sure, Wavelengths is a prequel so it could be same date as the main game. Good question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just had a bit of a google, doesn't seem to be anything official on release of DLC more than it will be "after" the main game. Whether that is days/weeks/months is the mystery. I like to play all parts close together on these type of games whilst I'm immersed in the story, so might hold fire on any purchase until we know more details.

Definitely one I'm keen on though, loved the first two games, still to play season 2 but heard that's not quite as good as the first ones.

The dlc bonus episode they released as part of before the storm was some of the best content in the series so i definitely want this new dlc as well. Squeenix have a habit of making a balls of stuff like this with the series though.

As for LiS 2, Ep 1 is great, 2 is good but a bit too long, 3 is the worst LiS episode I've ever played and i quit the game. Returned after a few months and slogged through. Ep 4 and 5 were brilliant and in the end I'm really glad i went back to it. I recommend grabbing it, especially on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah felt the same about 2 , half the episodes were hit and miss. I also couldn't stand the younger brother at times. Half the time while making choices , I was always going for the ones that would not set him off.

with this out the week before Deathloop, I'll probably wait for it to go on sale

As for 3, i just didn't like/care about any of the characters. I thought the brother dynamic was interesting but like Eoin, i felt i was making too many decisions based on Daniel which i get was the point of big brother but ep 4 and 5 felt more personal to Sean and i think the game benefited from it. Saying that, i have watched all the endings on YouTube and the are some really great/depressing ones friending on your decisions and how you treated Daniel, definitely worth playing through.

Adventures of Captain spirit bonus episode was absolutely class though and recommend it (it's free) to everyone who hasn't played it, especially those wondering what a Life is Strange game is like.

Wavelength DLC out September 30th and the Remastered collection is being pushed to early 22. Still don't know how to play Wavelength DLC if buy a physical version of the game. I think you just have to pay 15 euro so you'd save a fiver if you bought digital deluxe but then no trading it in.

• Advertisement

Hey it's Mikey! Will definitely have to get this. From the last bit of video, it sounds like you'll be able to buy it as regular dlc as long as you own the game, deluxe/ultimate not needed.

Still wished there was a deluxe physical version though.

Watched a min and turned off, yupp, day 1 for me, no need to see any more gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

If you pre-order the game with Gamestop, you will get a steelbook.

I actually caved and watched a bit of the 'first 15 minutes' videos doing the rounds. The characters, town, music and art just feels like they were made for each other. Can't wait to dive into the story but just the opening alone has me hooked.

If you are getting this digitally, it should unlock at 5pm Thursday, 9th September instead of the usually midnight Friday.

• Advertisement

Read that IGN review tag of best game in the series. I've never wanted to look at reviews more but I'll go mad if this gets spoiled for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Picking this up in the morning from Gamestop along with NBA 2K22. I can't wait to get stuck into this!

Advertisement