Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards new version.difficulty

Options
  • 30-07-2021 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I am finding it difficult to navigate this new version pf boards.

I now cannot find my private messages?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

I still cannot find my private messages.!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

If you are on a computer, click on the envelope in the top right corner next to your profile picture. If you are on a mobile click on your profile picture, and then click on the envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

How can I find forums I had bookmarked, now it seems to take 5 clicks and search.

Is there a way to bookmark forums. (Not follow threads)

My usage of Boards.ie has decreased about 90% since the change and I'm already moving to different platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

For the moment, you need to follow forums using the mobile site (using the cog wheel), and that then carries over to the desktop under "categories"

Thanks for replies.

My private messages are gone.

I clicked on the envelope as Dave the rave suggested and there are none. It says that there arev no messages. but there was a number of messages I had not yet replied to and they are all gone.

• Advertisement

Also, are notifications to my email address discontinued because I have had none. I never got them anyway which was always an ongoing problem.

MINTOS.

Also there used to be thousands of posts on Boards about the the Mintos P2p company and now when I search Mintos only one result comes up....my recent post!.

where are they all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Private messages were temporarily deleted but have all been restored now afaik

no, my private messages are gone.

and I still do not get any email notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

You have to go into your profile and choose what you want to receive i.e receive email updates from threads you comment in, from threads you start etc. It's all under your profile just go and have a look and play around with it. It's how I figured it out.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭thebronze14

My main issue, albeit a small one is when you click onto one of the threads under my threads it just goes to the last page you are on. Is there any way of making it go automatically to first unread post? I am on laptop btw

Advertisement