Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Housing Developments in Celbridge

• 02-08-2021 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I have noticed that there seems to be more construction happening in Celbridge. There is something being built beside SuperValu and another large site next to Crodaun. This is on top of the Oldtown Woods Developement.

Does anyone know if these two are both housing developments? Does Celbridge really have the necessary facilities and infrastructure for all of these houses. Traffic is already pretty bad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

There's a new development on the Newtown/Ardclough Road too. A nice location and some nice houses too. Rumours that a REIT has bough the lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Crodaun is a huge development, houses and apartments. The locals were protesting over the apartments for numerous reasons. The height and proximity to the main road was a big issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Gotta laugh about the Crodaun residents complaining about the damage to nature.... they literally levelled a woods to build the houses they now live in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Some prices for Ardrath have been released; €499,500 for 4 beds, and €420-460,000 for 3 beds that range from 113-116 sq.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭JDigweed

Those prices are outrageous but not surprising. Id expect the estate across the road to be similar when it gets going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Actually got an email from them when I was speaking with them and it was in my junk for a while. So these are the prices from about a month ago:

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

all sold out off plan ( madness) only one 4 beds left at 499500😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's the people buying them I would feel sorry for if they weren't the ones causing the prices to be so high in the first place.

On the opposite side of the Maynooth Road from Crodaun / Ardrath builders will also soon enough be breaking ground on another very large residential development. Soon enough the whole way from the Celbridge House (itself a highly likely candidate for redevelopment) to Salesians will be developed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was permission for 5 houses in the back garden of one of the houses on Old Greenfield, to be access from Silken Value.

Seems to be a new application for 6 on the same site. That whole area is getting quite messy with infill now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

And still no sign of a bridge to help us get to the station on the other side of the river.

The one in Leixilip is grand I guess, but it would be nice to be able to access Heuston too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I posted that in the wrong thread somehow.

From Coonan:

There will be a 3 bed semi-detached and a 4 bed semi-detached showhouse available to view for the release of the next phase in Ardrath. We expect that to be in May and no date has been confirmed but it will be towards the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Any idea what the one and two beds going for here?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Oldtown Woods development that is

Hi

Anyone buying next phase at Ardrath, would like to set up a whatapp to keep posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Treefriend

These are the latest price for next phase. Sad how 4 bed house has crossed 500k mark which mean it cant be used for HBT rebate.

Crazy prices for this location

anyone else buying in the upcoming phase and want to share the experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lasitpant19

I had reserved house 31 for now.

won't sign the contract until i see the show house 😔.

and yes prices are crazy. was looking in lucan as well was getting a mid-terrace for 450k 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 8 roger8900

Congratulation, if you want to pm your info we can share useful infor like flooring ect.

Advertisement