Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rog91

Yesterday I flew from Malaga to Dublin, exactly 7 days after my second Pfizer jab. It was one of the easiest airport experiences I’ve had.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ShadowTech

Did you go after the time that you received your jab? I’ve been trying to find out if the cert becomes valid at the start of the 7th day or only after the appointment time on the 7th day.

The appointment time wasn’t recorded on my HsE vaccine card or DCC. The check in agent at Malaga airport wasn’t that bothered by my DCC, nor was much attention paid at passport control in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ShadowTech

Thank you for that! It sounds straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Thanks

My flight back will be later in the day than the vaccine appointment so I think I should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Has anyone had problems completing the Irish passenger locator form?

I've put in my mobile but it has not sent me a code so I got one via email instead but then on the next page the mobile number field is greyed out and I cannot progress further without it

Any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Full vaccinated with a valid cert

I fly over to Birmingham the morning of a concert/match and fly back to Dublin the next day

How would I be fixed in terms of tests etc ?

Possible trip late September

No tests required. Just fill out PLF before your return flight and carry your DCC. It’s as easy as the old days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I just downloaded the french app and scanned in my QR and it confirms it’ll be valid on the 7th- one week after the vaccine. I’m sure you’ll be fine

When you scan in the QR on the French app you get a little celebration with confetti, we should have that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Flew out of Dublin to Alicante this morning, Ryanair had a brief glance at the DCC and antigen QR codes and asked that we had our Spainish PLF but didn't check.

In Alicante just the Spanish PLF QR codes scanned after passport control.

Quick and easy both sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Got PCR tests for the kids this evening from a private test provider.

They've had tests before, so were prepared for the brain scraping, but instead got a fairly gentle shallow swabbing.

What's that about? Are there different valid ways of doing the PCR test or are the private providers doing it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Private testers seem much less invasive. Got the kids tested in Randox last Friday and commented to the tester that it seemed much easier than they were prepared for. She said 'we don't like torturing people here' 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Either we live in different place or what the fcuk

EU multiple countries it’s as if no Covid here

I understand conservatism but wow

we are acting like an Ebola type infection hit and need to cop on

We need ministers to go other EU countries and see what’s happening

there really are no words

Have we lost precious time with our family over pure shite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

GreenPass app loads all of on Android

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Portugal more or less reopened fully now since the weekend (speaking from returning from very high risk region) as restaurant and bars hours extended to 2am. If you want to go indoors you can once you are vaccinated, recovered or have a recent test.

it’s enforced at the hotels and restaurants/bars but don’t panic if you’re not vaccinated as a lot of places will allow you indoors if you take a rapid antigen test at the door - some places provide them free or for a small fee (€5) or you can buy packs yourself in pharmacies to carry around or get a 24/48hr cert by doing the test in the pharmacy in front of staff.

Like a lot of people commented already, felt like a completely different world abroad. Life going on with people taking precautions but no constant coverage or yellow signs in your face and people actually looking like they’re enjoying their lives. Also hospitality staff very happy to get your business as opposed to some recent disappointing service experiences in Ireland for a quarter of the price.

Cant wait to get abroad again already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi folks.

I’m heading to Portugal in mid September for a week.

Am I right to say that a PLF needs to be completed for Portugal and for Ireland?

Is there any specific time frame that both forms need to be completed in?

In other words could I complete both of them now if I so wished ?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I see more and more countries are re introducing quarantine measure regardless of vaccination status.

Sold a massive lie, this will never end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Can you give examples of these countries rather than a statement with no examples ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

There's absolutely nothing concrete in any of that, lots of maybes and considering.

Britian also doesn't line up with the EU for travel so they can do what they want.

What's the story with the Greek Islands?

The ECDC have them deep red on the map and discouraging non essential travel

Will the DFA mirror this advice,voiding people's travel insurance?

I notice random antigen testing of even vaccinated people entering Greece now and on ALL passengers arriving in from the UK

Greece are paying for quarantine hotels if positive but 10 days in a room with no open window in there at the height of a record breaking heat wave over there wouldn't be a good holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm headed to Greece next month, albeit sticking mainly to the mainland with a few days on Kefalonia. I wouldn't pay much attention to what rules are being applied to arrivals from the UK, they're outside the EU and not particularly relevant to us.

"Holders of "EU Digital COVID certificates" (EUDCC) can enter Greece without being subject to further restrictions (testing or quarantine)"

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/from-to/IRL/GRC

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Has anyone had issues with GoSafe48 travel certs (from Yoti) not being accepted elsewhere the EU?

Reason I ask is that I fired up some of Android apps, and whilst they all recognised the QR code from the HSE vaccination cert, none of them recognised the PCR test result from GoSafe48/Yoti.

and

edit: I asked GoSafe and got this response:

Yes, we are working with the various Government Departments to implement this and hope to have this in place shortly however it is NOT currently necessary for your test result to be presented using this platform as we would refer to you https://dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/ which clearly explains the situation.

In essence, all European countries will accept our Test Result Certificate until the EU Covid Digital Certificate has been fully implemented. 

edit #2: they also fail validation on https://app.digitalcovidcertchecker.gov.ie/

Post edited by Lumen on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I think certain islands such as Mykonos, Rhodes and Santorini are having high numbers of cases (perhaps linked to high number of Brits).

DCC is accepted and antigen tests are being carried out on incoming tourists with profiling. I was not tested coming from Ireland. Health form needed for ferries. Reasonable adherence to masks indoors but not outdoors. Most of the population of the islands are vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Are they accepting Hse vaccination card as proof of vaccination. 3 weeks vaccinated, numerous calls to helpline and still no dcc😩😩😩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Back from Corfu last night with the kids and apart from maskwearing, it was business as usual. Think the infections are higher in southern aegean/Crete. A lot of people having problems tho getting PCRs arranged for the kids for the way back as the clinics haven't been able to keep up with demand. If you need a PCR book it the moment you get there. I was lucky as the hotel had it's own visiting doctor. 140 euro and they weren't even checked at either airport.

There didn't appear to be any random checks done on entry at Corfu airport. I fully expected to be tested as the lead passenger on the PLF. Understand they are testing all UK lead passengers in Crete.

To be honest, the airport experience at both ends was remarkably quick and easy.

Advertisement