Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,388 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cordell wrote: »
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/trans-woman-wins-miss-nevada-compete-miss-usa
    So I was watching this beauty pageant when the hottest contestant came forward. I was thinking to myself "please god don't get an erection". But she did.

How did you know :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Loyalist snowflakes strike again. Bryson wants him cancelled. Leave our pallets alone.

THE CHAIR OF the Northern Ireland Affairs Committee has apologised for “offence” caused by a tweet about loyalist bonfires.

Senior Conservative MP Simon Hoare has deleted a post on Twitter that was criticised by members of the loyalist community.

His tweet said: “Who knew William of Orange arrived in Ireland with hundreds of wooden pallets hence the traditional pallet burning fiesta began.”

Hoare subsequently apologised for the tweet.

“Earlier I posted a Tweet which was never intended to cause the offence it has to some in NI,” Hoare said.

“I want to say fully & unequivocally that I am sorry. I intended only to be humorous/tongue in cheek & I got it wrong,” he said.

“I hope my apology will be accepted. It is sincere & heartfelt.”

Among those to respond to the apology were Ulster Unionist Party leader Doug Beattie, who wrote “That’s fair Simon” followed by three hand-clapping emojis.

Former Labour MP Kate Hoey, who recently appeared at a loyalist rally in Newtownards, rejected the apology.

She tweeted: “Sincere and heartfelt ?? Well we will see if he can refrain from his regular snide remarks and obvious anti Unionist and loyalist views and his pandering to nationalists and the Irish Government.”

Loyalist activist Jamie Bryson, who led the condemnation of Mr Hoare’s original tweet, said resigning from the committee would be “the appropriate course of action”.

But others criticised Mr Hoare for issuing the apology.

Days ahead of the 11 July bonfires which precede the traditional day of parades on 12 July, a number of political posters, including Sinn Féin, SDLP and Alliance material, have been seen on some pyres.

Irish and EU flags have also been seen on some bonfires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Loyalist snowflakes strike again. Bryson wants him cancelled. Leave our pallets alone.

THE CHAIR OF the Northern Ireland Affairs Committee has apologised for “offence” caused by a tweet about loyalist bonfires.

Senior Conservative MP Simon Hoare has deleted a post on Twitter that was criticised by members of the loyalist community.

His tweet said: “Who knew William of Orange arrived in Ireland with hundreds of wooden pallets hence the traditional pallet burning fiesta began.”

Hoare subsequently apologised for the tweet.

“Earlier I posted a Tweet which was never intended to cause the offence it has to some in NI,” Hoare said.

“I want to say fully & unequivocally that I am sorry. I intended only to be humorous/tongue in cheek & I got it wrong,” he said.

“I hope my apology will be accepted. It is sincere & heartfelt.”

Among those to respond to the apology were Ulster Unionist Party leader Doug Beattie, who wrote “That’s fair Simon” followed by three hand-clapping emojis.

Former Labour MP Kate Hoey, who recently appeared at a loyalist rally in Newtownards, rejected the apology.

She tweeted: “Sincere and heartfelt ?? Well we will see if he can refrain from his regular snide remarks and obvious anti Unionist and loyalist views and his pandering to nationalists and the Irish Government.”

Loyalist activist Jamie Bryson, who led the condemnation of Mr Hoare’s original tweet, said resigning from the committee would be “the appropriate course of action”.

But others criticised Mr Hoare for issuing the apology.

Days ahead of the 11 July bonfires which precede the traditional day of parades on 12 July, a number of political posters, including Sinn Féin, SDLP and Alliance material, have been seen on some pyres.

Irish and EU flags have also been seen on some bonfires.

Ah sure you have to feel sorry for the sad sorry rats that engage in these fires and flag burning.

They are the failures of a broken society and really have nothing to look forward to in life rather than a bit more misery filled with more hate, anger and resentment.

Its kind of comical now - the bonfire loyalists are really just scumbags under a banner. They exist everywhere - doubt many have the education to even know the past.

Poor creatures, society failed the utterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I have never been a big emoji user and still do a simple keyboards symbol based ones, but I thought I would have been right to think that emoji's were yellow and therefore nationality/race neutral . Therefore to introduce black skin tone ones is no more unique that creating while skin tones ones, because they weren't white to begin with either. Also the word emoji I though was based on the word emotion, so I don't know what emotion one would convey with a pregnant man emoji. Bewilderment perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

'multiracial handshake' should be:

'pregnant man emoji' could be used as shorthand for 'wokeists at it again, wtf like?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

I don't know about that picture, to me it looks like it reinforces the white supremacy and privilege. The white man gets to be more in frame, he is more buff, and his hand covers the black man's hand in a very white oppressive manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

That's the black guy's fault for pushing too many pencils.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's actually a picture of a member of the KKK and a member of BLM arm wrestling to bring an end to it all. If BLM win, there'll be no more racism, ever. If the KKK win, things will just continue as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Smith lied through his teeth, all the rumours were true.

Teela is the main character, and she is a butch angry lesbian.

He-Man is barely in it and is portrayed as a clown.

It should have been called She-Man.

It could have been excellent as the animation is excellent, the voice work is good and Bear Mc Creary does a typical great job with the soundtrack but instead they sacrificed it on the altar of woke.

• Advertisement

No new wokeisms in nearly two weeks? Did Twitter crash or something?

The most desirable explanation is not a Twitter crash but that there just aren't any new ones. That is our objective here after all.😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Probably a drop in users since "The Event" I haven't been on half as much as I used to before, nothing to do with the new site or anything I just got a bit bored of the same discussions. Boards Burn out 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Here some weird woke nonsense about using animal pronouns.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1422051670792495108?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

They should rename the Olympics to the woke Olympics

Lots of users stopped logging in after the great reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm fairly well educated, somewhat intelligent and generally have no problem figuring out what people are trying to say but I'm well fcuking lost trying to figure out what that dipsh1t is trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

• Advertisement

This one doesn't have a twitter link but just a few words from me in related to the misuse of the word 'diverse'.

So what I see is journalists esp referring to individuals as diverse and from diverse backgrounds. And individuals themselves stating they themselves are 'diverse'.

So for example in the media you may hear a comment that goes x person is from a diverse background when what they really mean is that x person is from a recognized minority, ie gay trans, black, Indian etc.

So for the statement x is from a diverse background to be true x would have to be from or living in a multicultural area like London where the society there is diverse because it's made up of many different nationalists etc.

So no person is in themselves diverse. No minority demographic is in itself diverse. Diverse only refers to any community demographic where it's makeup is a mix of different types of people.

So phasty white Irish brothers and sisters of no colour - don't feel like you are just another boring dull carbon copy clone, you are as diverse and colourful as anyone else.

Diverse is a code word for I don't belong to the group that built the western civilization so I deserve much more so give me because I'm entitled. And oppressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Go on the Donald 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

“With existing exports to France, Sweden, Italy and Germany, there is optimism about prospects for the brand in North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement