Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I'd like to hear Simon Coveney explain but I think Catherine zappone is great and I'm no fan of LGBT drum beating. She has done trojan work in community care. She was the first minister for children to actually start setting up a proper childcare system in ireland.

She is not in politics for the money so I'd like to hear her take on it.

The media would be better focusing on waste in the HSE than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Can we get Tony Connelly home to interview Leo?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Katherine "long way around" Zappone not in it for the money - pull the other one!

This in no way responds to the content of post yous quoted?

Try reading before flying off the handle and tearing into innocent observations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

I wonder if I slip Zappone €50 will she allow me use her name as the "host" of my son's Confirmation? Can't go ahead if we host it ourselves but apparently it's OK if she wants to do it.

It would be a handy little earner for her with all those tens of thousands of communions and confirmations currently banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,157 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Trying to picture the FG defence forces today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

They must be worn out by now. It's been non stop. This zappone party is starting to gather pace, I wonder who will be the sacrifice for this one.

It's obvious who will be sacrificed, someone from Fianna Fail. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

@Amirani wrote:

Willfully ignoring guidelines that were partly developed by Government officials when the general public are subject to those same guidelines (if you or I tried booking out every table in a venue like this, I doubt it would have been so easy) just stinks.

It's irrelevant though. No rules were broken. This isn't a "little people" issue. Venues all over the country are ignoring the Failte guidelines and doing what they are legally permitted to do. I have an outdoor event booked for 30 people in a few weeks' time.

Strictly speaking, even the Failte guidelines do not prohibit outdoor events, it just depends on which set of guidelines you read. Is it the ones for hotels, or the one for event organisers, or for visitor attractions? Because they're basically all the same document, they've just omitted some bits. A reasonable comparison of the documents makes it clear that Failte guidelines do not ban outdoor events at hotels, rather they fail to address them at all.

I appreciate that it looks like government officials ignoring guidelines they helped develop, but the screw up here is Failte's. They have overlooked an obvious niche in hotels hosting outdoor gatherings and failed to provide any guidance on it.

Moving onto "this looks bad" is shifting the goalposts. The whole furore over this was whether covid rules were broken. They weren't - the bigger issue here is the claim that this was a solo run by Coveney when Leo met her a few days beforehand. All seems a bit too close to be coincidence. But that's being overshadowed now by something irrelvant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mary Lou or Pearse prob having targets drawn on their backs as we speak. 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

So, that was an interesting morning 😁 a few feathers ruffled so to speak.

I suppose when Leo & Co make it easy, it's hard not join the party (no pun intended)

The story is gathering pace now, RTE, even got their fingers out.

Looking forward to tommorows headlines 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Has the SF thread been busy? It usually happens when the government do something stupid like this the SF thread spikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

50 people with tables of 6?

Dying to hear who the two sitting on their own were.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't think they can sounds like contracts etc signed.

It has been a disaster PR wise, and she is stubborn I sincerely doubt she will quit the position.

The Hotel will have names of all the 50 for contact tracing, alot of worried people about today id imagine

Thought it was only the details of the person making the booking that had to be given. There was some last minute changes when the rules were being brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apologies that is correct. Who were the 2 sitting at a table of 2, hope they liked each other at least

FG gone into hiding no one available for RTE news there, another FG TD was lined up to go on Niall Boylan at lunchtime and they then withdrew. If nothing wrong has been done either with the appointment or with the Merrion party then what is the problem with defending this.

• Advertisement

Funerals, christenings, weddings, family holidays and other really important family occasions have been foregone to protect each other and the most vulnerable. As representatives we should lead by example.

Leo Varadkar 21 Aug 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I'm somewhat familiar with the layout of the Merrion. From memory, being a city centre hotel, there is only one outdoor area: a courtyard that is small indeed and is more about the water features and potted plants than an event space. I'm having a hard time imagining 50 of the great and good (indeed the greatest and goodest of them all) shoehorned into that area.

We could be looking at another version of the partition palaver we got during golfgate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Dobbo relished announcing that RTÉ had contacted govt for comment but had “failed to elicit any response” !!

this is gathering pace. FG gone into hiding on it.

Funnily enough somebody has scoured the newspapers and posted a story about somebody who as a member of the Real IRA is most likely diametrically opposed to SF.

Still trying desperately to make a connection.

Yes he now thinks he dosnt need to lead by example as a representative to protect each other and the vulnerable

I'd say Leo fuming over this 😂

But more to the point the Party Membership must be furious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Probably Leo and Simon.

'You may approach the dais where the King and Queen of Ireland will then bestow a title upon you...'

Zappers is already a Knight of the Order of the Grift.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Golfgate 2. Well done FFG and friends. Classic stuff.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Just heard the Archbishop of Dublin mentioning the little party at the Merrion and yet communions restricted 😂😂😂

The wrath of God

Advertisement