Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

New fantasy football forum on Gubu now, i've been told its in the Hobbies section.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

All this non procrastinating usually on boards.ie tinkering with FPL and my GW1 team has led me to do actual work. 😅

Hoping the community picks up a bit as I genuinely am finding it tough to use the new site. Just not on it as much and my mind feels like going on here will be a bit of an effort.

Livramento (4.0) at Southampton could be one to watch if KWP gets injured. Potential starter but it's slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone thinking of starting the season without Bruno? I was on the fence about it but the EPL refs have said they are going to cut out soft penalties so that side of owning him gets a bit less attractive and his price is way up there. Im thinking of going with the cheaper Sancho instead.

Also reassessing Werner as an option as the new offside rules now require daylight between players to be called offside. Werner set a PL record last season with 41 offsides. He plays right on the shoulder of defenders so stands to benefit the most from the end of stupid VAR decisions. I dont think I'll start the season with him because of Tuchel but reckon he could come good this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Trey13

Happy enough to stay on boards. Back onto FPL, last season I had some clear goals and a broad gameplan, finishing 37k. Over then next few days I will do the same again for this season. Anyone who finishes in the top 50k consistently have any tips/rules/guidelines etc that they follow during the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Will Ihenacho be a rotation risk he was brilliant towards the end of last season but Vardy should start and they have signed another good striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

That’s what’s putting me off. If they hadn’t signed Daka he’d be straight into my starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Most of vardy goals are penos - he’s the rotation risk for me.I think iheanacho will start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It's not a matter of being happy or not the only reason things are being set up is in case this place goes. Fingers crossed it sorts itself out but better to plan now instead of lose eveything on the off chance that did happen.

I was thinking the same with him will probably leave him out and see what happens. If Grealish gets much game time for city could be a hell of a lot of free kicks inside 30 yards for them this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

How do you follow a thread now? Like this thread...

also off topic - does anyone know how to find a PAY premier league score predictor league?

• Advertisement

Is anyone not starting with Salah at all? Him and Shaw are about the only ones I haven't even thought about taking out so far.

Anyone got a dark horse pick they are particularly confident about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Danny Ings to Villa!!

Out of nowhere that's crazy! Seems like they got it all done and dusted super quick. Will be interesting to see how that works out you would have thought someone a bit bigger would have taken a short punt on him on some sort of pay as you play deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I scrolled back a long way expecting this to be a fake account, did I take my finger off the pulse or is this out of nowhere?

edit: also I guess that's Ollie out of my team

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Comments are stretching themselves across here gubu and discord. They're back ups which should be empty until boards dies. We might forget the format of this site when the first multiple games begin and the addiction returns....

For the most part on discord we were tooling around with channels and bots to make sure it all worked, think a bunch of people have accounts but I think here is still the place to post until something happens or we lose traffic

Seems to have been completely out of the blue! Not often we get one of those between two PL clubs!

Yeah thats what I'm thinking this is the first port of call. Hopefully this place gets back to where it was as the season starts. Already seems to have picked up a lot in FSA at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Watkins might be pushed out wide or could be rotated so he is a bit dodgy now.

Beundia might be a better option for villa attackers now.

They are going after Cantwell too, could be a few guys there who are fun to own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Liking the flurry of activity in transfers, should give a lot more choice and less templatey teams. Especially if Lukaku goes to Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I started last season without him and was playing catch up for the entire season. Never again, he was the first player in my team this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

Think Lukaku will be in my team if he signs. Could do alot of damage.

Seeing alot of teams with Raphinha in them. Personally am holding off as Leeds start isn't the best on paper.

Thoughts on Torres at City? They still haven't signed a striker so he could start up front? Might be too susceptible to rotation event though I don't think Pep see's Jesus as the answer

It would definitely be a brave move even moreso this season where we have a few question marks about other heavy hitters.

Would be great to see Lukaku back! Not many forwards like him knocking around these days I would be very tempted too.

I thought this too.

reckon Dias, and whoever his partner is, could benefit the most from this or maybe KDB.

although I’m going to try and not own any City as the rotation is infuriating. Dias will be tempting though.

any chance of buying Foden disappeared when they, for reasons beyond me, bought Grealish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

Also, just to weigh in, i think talk of the site's demise are very premature. I'm certainly not happy with what they've done and find myself posting and browsing less but think the Admin team should be given time to fix things.

It's not like the site is unusable or anything. Just needs a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’d say this puts an end to the Cantwell chances personally. Watkins will move to the left now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

For those with Watkins, would Adams be an option now? 0.5 cheaper too.

Advertisement