Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Sono wrote: »
    Currently waiting on 3 packages, 2 gone through NL post it seems, do An Post update when they get these packages or is it a case of they land when they land at your door?

If it's through post NL it is tracked so it gets updated on an posts tracking once they have (in my experience)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Sono

Cookiee wrote: »
    If it's through post NL it is tracked so it gets updated on an posts tracking once they have (in my experience)

Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Am I right in saying that on the PostNL tracking that "last mile carrier" is An Post?

If so, does that mean An Post has this package since 26-05-2021?

http://prntscr.com/13vcl8e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

Am I right in saying that on the PostNL tracking that "last mile carrier" is An Post?

Afaik that means that it's sitting in a container in Belgium waiting to be sorted

My package from china, posted with post NL is currently this status:

The item is on transport to the country of destination

It's been like this for 6 days now, should it take that long? Usually it would say it's arrived in Ireland by now but when I track it it's still on transport apprently (it's already been to liege and to the post NL sorting centre)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

It seems when it says "last mile" it means it's handed over from Aliexpress / Cainiao shipping company to PostNL company. This happens in Belgium. It can be two weeks after that happens before it gets delivered in Ireland.

My package from china, posted with post NL is currently this status:

The item is on transport to the country of destination

It's been like this for 6 days now, should it take that long? Usually it would say it's arrived in Ireland by now but when I track it it's still on transport apprently (it's already been to liege and to the post NL sorting centre)

It has arrived today! Here is my full tracking history, it didn't update online on the tracking that's it's been delivered because I only just got it:
    Jun 2021
    07:30
    Your post is out for delivery IRELAND POST
    09 Jun 2021
    00:37
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    17:18
    Your delivery has been sorted
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    15:17
    We have your post in
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    15:16
    The item has been processed in the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    08 Jun 2021
    Your delivery was received by An Post in
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    12:43
    The consignment has arrived in the country of destination
    Ireland
    CAINIAO
    08 Jun 2021
    The item has arrived in the country of destination
    Ireland
    POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    31 May 2021
    10:07
    The item is on transport to the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    26 May 2021
    09:37
    The item is at the PostNL sorting center POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    26 May 2021
    06:15
    Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    25 May 2021
    06:47
    The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    25 May 2021
    05:47
    Item received at OE in the destination country:The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed CAINIAO
    18 May 2021
    Linehaul Arrival
    Liege, Belgium
    CAINIAO
    17 May 2021
    07:43
    The item is ready for shipment POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    17 May 2021
    06:43
    The item is pre-advised to PostNL POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    16 May 2021
    14:00
    Hand over to airline CAINIAO
    13 May 2021
    01:32
    Received by line-haul CAINIAO
    12 May 2021
    12:32
    Outbound in sorting center CAINIAO
    12 May 2021
    01:52
    Inbound in sorting center CAINIAO
    11 May 2021
    12:45
    Accepted by carrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

It has arrived today! Here is my full tracking history, it didn't update online on the tracking that's it's been delivered because I only just got it:
    Jun 2021
    Your post is out for delivery IRELAND POST
    09 Jun 2021
    00:37
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    17:18
    Your delivery has been sorted
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    15:17
    We have your post in
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    The item has been processed in the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    08 Jun 2021
    Your delivery was received by An Post in
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    The consignment has arrived in the country of destination
    Ireland
    CAINIAO
    08 Jun 2021
    The item has arrived in the country of destination
    Ireland
    POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    31 May 2021
    10:07
    The item is on transport to the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST

Mine left Netherlands 31st of May. Still no update... It's usually taken about six to seven days to get to Ireland, now it's been nine days and counting... I have another one that left yesterday, wonder how long that will take (plus two still in sorting in NL)...

Mine left Netherlands 31st of May. Still no update... It's usually taken about six to seven days to get to Ireland, now it's been nine days and counting... I have another one that left yesterday, wonder how long that will take (plus two still in sorting in NL)...

Could be soon if it's like mine, as you can see mine left on 31st too and an post got it on the 8th!

Could be soon if it's like mine, as you can see mine left on 31st too and an post got it on the 8th!

I suspect there might be a bit of a delay because of the Bank Holiday and the systems aren't updating. I'm refreshing Parcels app like mad but seems like even the PostNL website is getting updates faster. Let's hope it's soon, can't wait!

• Advertisement

My parcel that left the Netherlands on 31st of May is here! Looks like it takes somewhere between 6 to 10 days to get here from NL.

One of my items has landed in Linehaul Belgium, looks like another couple of weeks before I see this package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

This...

https://prnt.sc/13vcl8e

... is still in the same place since 26/5/21.

Ordered 12/5/21. Shipped 13/5/21 with the promise of 7-14 days :)

Nothing seems to be moving anywhere today... I've got one that was supposedly a faster delivery (from experience) since the seller uses Yanwen. Based on past experience it is a lot faster since it skips Belgium and Netherlands and flies straight to Ireland but the status has remained as "Port of destination - arrival" for two days now. Maybe it's stuck in customs, I don't know. The rest are still between Netherlands and Ireland, don't expect to see them before next Wednesday at least since they left NL on Wednesday.

There's just one question to think about when all of these have arrived. What now? The long delivery times have been a pain but getting stuff at low prices has made up for it. Not too many sellers on Aliexpress have chosen to ship from European locations yet.

If it makes delivery .0001 cent cheaper and doesn't put it over the delivery window then they'll happily leave it sitting in a container for a month.

Delivery on this stuff is crazy cheap, they price you pay is that it arrives when it arrives.
    Best not to over-think what journey its taking.

I had forgotten how frustrating it was ordering stuff from China, better off forgetting about the orders as checking the tracking is brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

When you get an email from Ali saying the item is "in your country"
    that is never ever true (in my experience).

It is in fact in Holland (or Lithuania).
    From then it will reside in a container for a week two (or three!).
    Then it takes about a week to get into the AnPost tracking system.
    Then a day to deliver to you.

What a fiasco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,459 ✭✭✭✭zell12

26/05 Ordered from Aliexpress
    28/05 Shipped from Solomon Islands
    11/06 Arrived Ireland
    21/06 Delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,551 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Received something today that I ordered from Aliexpress on June 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I ordered from AliExpress on 22nd June. While I expect it could take a month from previous experience, the tracking has me a bit concerned. AliExpress just says that delivery is delayed, with the last entry being “Dispatched from sorting centre” on 23rd June. But Aftership shows an entry from 1st July stating “Hand over to airline failure” followed by some Chinese characters that translate to “Magnetic: Electric Motor”. The device does have a vacuum pump so I’m guessing that the magnets are a problem by air. I wonder what they’ll do now. Return to sender or ship by sea? I’ll have to give it a bit more time and see if there’s any update.

Has anyone had experience with an post re customs now that 1st July has passed?

I've got some (<€22) stuff that going off previous experience has been sitting in dublin for 2 weeks waiting to be processed - any idea they'll hit me with vat even though it shouldn't be charged?

An update on this one; I still haven't received it and the tracking is still stalled on the same message with nothing since. It looks like I can't file a dispute until three months have passed from the shipping date. Is there any point in me trying to contact someone, or can I?

Finally got some news. It has been returned to the sender after sitting around for over three weeks. I’ve gotten in touch with the seller to see where we go from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Does that tally with tracking history on An Post ? - already returning with a three week hiatus for something bought mid June is remarkably speedy.

An Post don’t recognise the tracking number at all. I don’t think it ever left China.

• Advertisement

Have a package sent by EMS from China, last update it was handed over to the carrier transport on the 21st July, nothing since

anybody received stuff they ordered before july 1st that arrived after July 1st? did you get caught for customs?

This morning I received an aliexpress order that I ordered in June. I've just received an email saying there is VAT due and the parcel will not be delivered until I pay it. except it has been delivered already. I wonder what happens if I don't pay it

I have received packages since July 1st and no issue, the value these sellers place on the packages is always below the vat threshold anyway so I imagine it won’t be much of a problem.

what was the value of the package and how much vat are they charging you?

well they valued it at €12 so they wanted €3 VAT and €3.50 handling fee. there was no value on the outside of the parcel and it wasn't opened. the actual value was about €40.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If it was anyone more organised than An Post, They could hold the next shipment that comes in for you, until you pay what is owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Blanchguy

Anyone had this experience -

Ordered some stationery from Ali - value €2 including 23% VAT. Got a text from An Post - looking for another 23% VAT and a €3.50 handling charge. There is no way to contact An Post or Customs that I can find to fight my case. I ended up telling them to keep the package.

Possibly the seller didn't put appropriate documentation on the outside of the package? Whatever about having to pay Vat twice, to be charged €3.50 handling charge to be charged VAT again is a bit much.

I'm assuming this happens because the sellers do not disclose the value and the VAT paid correctly, so an post slap on the vat and handling fee, I have a package coming soon hopefully so I'm going to see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

All, just be mindful that there are scammers targeting this...make sure the request is genuine.

I understand Ali Express is now supposed to handle the VAT duties on behalf of the buyer and they update the VAT charge at check out stage, so I am unsure as to why An Post would be looking for payment, unless some admin went wrong in the process.

The item was ordered before July 1st. Aliexpress only started adding the vat at checkout on July 1st. The request was genuine enough. I'm just trying to figure it out if I can avoid paying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I got an order today, ordered in March, no extra charges from revenue. I think AnPost are just picking random packages and applying charges. Lucky Dip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭PreCocious

I got a text and email from An Post this morning asking for 73c VAT + €3.50 admin charge or else the package would be returned to sender.

Around the same time the post man dropped the package off ...

I had the same thing. I haven't paid the charge.

Aliexpress take the VAT at checkout now but how is An Post to know that

1. the package is from an Aliexpress seller?
    2. that the VAT is paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭septictank

A lot of my deliveries have a yellow sticker saying " Goods not fulfilling the conditions laid down in articles 28 and 29 of the treaty on the functioning of the EU"

A blank sticker is placed over the printed contents, value, etc are not seen.

It was only €9 but they put €4.50.

So is this a warning but your ok for now?

This came from the Netherlands, 6 weeks, no duty paid.

this is a warning from dutch customs that the parcel originated outside the EU and that dutch customs have not processed it for any VAT or customs duty due. The receiving nation then knows that it can look at it from that perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭septictank

So it's a lucky dip? letting us off just hitting the odd one?

Going to be a pain in the arse buying small things, €1-€2 and having to pay a few cents tax then the handling fee €3.50.

Know this was answered but what is the % tax, and is there a tax free limit?

Was around €22.

no tax free limit any more. i normally only order from aliexpress and they have been taking care of the VAT side of things since July 1st. i wont be ordering from outside the eu from any seller that doesn't do the same.

but how will An Post know that the item has VAT paid?

seems to be a lot of queries on this and other threads where VAT was paid on Aliexpress on checkout but An Post are stopping them anyway and looking for the VAT + €3.50 processing fee

I don't know. All I know is that I have a couples of orders placed after August 1st that arrived with no request for VAT. I have had two orders placed before July 1st but arrived after that did have a request for vat.

has anyone actually received an item from Aliexpress that shows / mentions VAT being paid on the document?

I know I havent. I don't think i've ever got an invoice with an AE order.

it would have to be on the front label for An Post to see it.

would only be in place since July 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

When Ali and the other large platforms agree to collect and pay over the VAT due to respective EU national exchequers.

Expect a standoff and to pay double tax (and €3.50 admin) each time in the interim.

Received the last couple of low value (under €3) items ordered in May - no VAT or admin to pay.

Advertisement