Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got my covid cert today in post will be up and around stephens Green at 1pm tomorrow if you are about Angron

Going to Glasnevin Cemetery and Botanics at 10am to lure the place up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I thought we could do special trades today, I tried twice and nothing happened. Is there something you have to do to get a special trade

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yep, I'll be about during the day anyways. Will probably be wearing a Bullet Club shirt, and I've a bunch of facial piercings if you happen to see me.

so the ultra unlock part one is shiny Sinnoh fossils, count me in.

I'll have a pika snapback cap on either Saturday or Sunday will suit as I'll be out both days lets wait and see how the extra trades play out too as there is a collection challenge and I think the 6 trades may be for specific pokemon to with type you pick Rock or Pop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh hell yeah.

So, how was Go Fest for everyone? Got most of what I was after, no Throh, Ferroseed, or Chimecho shinies unfortunately. Did finish with 6 Audino though.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I got throh, ferroseed, audino and deino so happy enough. Few others as well including 3 jigglypuff 😅

Heh, and it rolls on, got shiny Voltorb, Spinda, and Whismur today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I got 2 shiny skarmories in a row on Friday after years wanting it, and 2 more in go fest! Got 2 audinos and I was happy, its a good and cute shiny :) And zubat was another I had wanted.

Was delighted to get Deino which was the big one I wanted. It's 0* and stuck in a gym, raging cos I'm gonna mirror lucky trade! I got a lot of repeats but some that are nice like Tangela and Roggenrola. Would've liked some new ones like Snorlax or Ferroseed, or even simpler ones i've wanted like hippopotas and chinchou, but I ended up with my seventh growlithe, fifth feebas, third kricketot and carvanha and 2 extra gibles. Didn't really shiny hunt in raids but got an Articuno.

Then today I got another new one - Kanto Meowth :)

• Advertisement

Only new shinies I got from Go Fest were a Zubat and a Croagunk. I did manage to add Throh, Chatot and Reshiram to my Pokédex though, as well as a couple of new Unowns.

Most annoying thing was that I did two remote Uxie raids from friends in Japan, and the little fúcker just would not stay in the ball. :(

https://pokemongolive.com/post/communityday-aug21/?hl=en 

Eevee community day, which is deeply uninteresting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Yeah, not keen for Eevee. I remember the previous one being stressful enough over the 2 days and I still have thousands of candies. The moves should've always been varied!

In shiny-related news, I got a 2* Dialga which was annoying so I kept going, and last night I got a shiny with 15/15/14 😁 Functional hundo!

I wasn't playing for the first eevee community day so I'll be happy to pick up a few shinies (I've only two at the moment) but other than that, I agree, meh. No shiny dialga either but I did get a 14-15-15; so far so good!

Got a 15/13/15 shiny one myself, which I'm very happy with.

So, the Ultra Unlock 3 is Galar Pokémon. Can't say I'm thrilled at them releasing a bunch of new shinies at once, and gating all of them behind eggs and raids.

Don't know if anyone has seen this but people online trying to do a "protest" at Niantic's removal of the extended stop spin distance in US and NZ, few people like Brandon Tan claim they won't spend money on incuabtors and the likes, and there's a proposal to do the absolute bare minimum tomorrow, single catch, spin a stop just to keep the streak, and nothing else. Be interesting to see if it has impact on Niantic.

I haven't looked in detail at unlock 3 but if it's primarily locked behind eggs and raids then Niantic seem to have gone tone deaf :/

Yep, eggs or raids are the only way to get the Meowth, Farfetch'd, Weezing, or Stunfisk shinies.

It'll be the same with kangaskhan and heracross right?

Seems a bit ****, with two new legendaries and other stuff behind raids , they'll presumably sell a rake of passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Me and the kids need kangaskhan and heracross for our Pokedex so a few euro will be spent on remote passes if we don't get out and about.

Over the last 2 months the chances of encountering a legendary pokemon in the GBL has been drying up. When I first reached level 20 I encountered:

4 Therian form landorus

3 Therian Tornadus

2 Incarnate Landorus, 1 Incarnate Tornadus, 1 Incarnate Thundurus (i.e. 4 encounters)

2 Regirock, 3 Regice, 2 Registeel (7 encounters)

3 Xerneas

4 Yveltal

Since then:

Regigas 1 encounter

Deoxys 0 encounters

Mewtwo 1 encounter

Dialga 1 encounter

Have Niantic deliberately reduced the chances of encountering Legendary pokemon in the GBL to force people to go to raids?

• Advertisement

Interesting, I find GBL frustrating so I don't think I've ever got to rank 20 for the legendaries. I hit 15 I think this season cos I had to battle for the level 43(?) Tasks, but after that it's not a part of the game I enjoy so I don't.

I was out and about earlier and it's such a reflex to open pogo, it's no harm for me to try to break that habit, even a little bit!

Yup. At least with Cranidos and Shieldon, they were both spawning in the wild during that unlock.

I think I got to 20 once, I sometimes go in to GBL when I get drunk cause it's the only way I can really deal with it for long :pac:

edit: awh, no more pac emote :(

Even with them spawning in the wild, I tapped every one of them that appeared and only got a shiny Cranidos on the last day!

The GBL can be frustrating. I persevered as it was giving me the opportunity to catch legendaries but I don't know if they've changed things now with lifting of covid restrictions trying to force people out more to gyms.

Yeah, I only got a Cranidos last day too. Woeful IVs (0/14/1) so gonna be a lucky swap at some stage.

Got very lucky and got shiny Heracross day 1, so extremely happy with that.

Nice one.

My first palkia raid was a weather boosted hundo, so another good luck story here.

6 battles in a row, 30 fights.

1 Nine Tales

1 Scraggy

3 Frillish

1 Scraggy

I saw someone on Reddit asking the same question about reduced Legendary encounters in GBL

Niantic are really annoying a lot of game players the world over!

I'm not especially excited for the Ultra Unlock part 3 that's coming up. Also gonna be taking it easy at the weekend, Eevee isn't really one of interest to me.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit meh about the current unlock, shiny heracross or palkia would be nice but i haven't raided much.

I do always like new pokemon so unlock 3 might be better.

Same for eevee but I will play to try to get the shiny eeveeelutions, wasn't playing on the first community day so I've only two shiny eevee.

Advertisement