Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

What a bunch of gobshítes. Fair play to Paschal, showed a lot of restraint.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

Bunch of scumbags the lot of them. Fair play to Paschal, i dont agree with his policies but he handled that excellently

No wonder the Greens have been very quiet all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

If the event was within the guidelines then what’s the problem?

If you don’t call out racism and homophobia then you are just as bad as the person doing it

Instead of jumping on someone who is standing up to it you should be applauding them.

plenty of people main issues with Varadkar have nothing to do with his politics and that is clear. Why such a focus on him on boards is puzzling, for every 1 mention of the Taoiseach you have 20 of Varadkar, normally it would be the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,984 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Because he is at the centre of these incidents of leaking and cronyism. No amount of inventing fathom homophobia gets away from that and it actually devalues the work people do against real homophobia. But that wouldn't matter to some around here as long as Leo is vindicated/exonerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Varadkar is the worst kind of elitist Thatcherite Tory, trying to excuse his views with false racist and homophobic BS is a new level of FG pathetic,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

I don't see an election in the near future. Short of Varadkar going down for the leak, MM isn't giving up his throne. Ryan is loving the access to power. The brass neck on these people means no election at least while MM is in the top job. A new FF leader after MM's time is up might cause it. Unlikely overall, no such thing as too corrupt for these people. I'm hoping this seals it for no FF or FG next government. It never stops with them. The public deserve much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The longer FFG stay in government the better, they are constantly exposing the culture of elitism, rot and greed that has flourished over decades of power swap. I have trust that the electorate will send an even stronger message at the next election. We have seen enough "New Politics" to last a lifetime. What puzzles me is the FG supporters still cannot admit when there is wrongdoing. Never. That takes some warped resolve.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The problem is the Govt kept this guideline quiet and have obviously only told specific places where the Govt and there mates have a good auld party.

The Greens invited 3500 people, more chance that only 50 were there at 1 time than the pope being a Muslim

• Advertisement

The guidelines got announced on every channel, all RTE talk about is covid because they have nothing else to report on. How did they keep them quiet?

I agree, I hope Martin, Varadkar and Ryan stay as leaders.

They never stated hotels and sports clubs etc can hold events outside for 200 people.

The hospitality reps are even saying it

Why are the Green Party inviting 3500 people to a 200 people max capacity event?

I hate to tell you but it won’t make a blind bit of difference, as a Bank holiday weekend I didn’t bother checking anything just logged on this evening and seems hundreds of replies on this and the Zappone thread. I haven’t heard a whisper about it since last week

Just because the same 10 or so people here are shouting and roaring about the government won’t change anything, in the real world people most people couldn’t give a s**t about Zappone. You might think otherwise but that’s the truth.

If an election was based on this forum then yes it would be a hammering for the government but it’s not and that’s mean even if an election was called tomorrow it would probably be a FF/FG/another in power.

In 5 years, who knows. I will tell you then

The same guidelines that didnt allow communians/confessions for the reasonable enough excuse as their would be parties afterwards

Also allow 200 outdoor meetups/parties🤔....deosnt make sense to me anyway

Well all my mates are talking about it and these outdoor parties pubs amd sports clubs were not told wer allowed and most of them have no interest in politics and would all be under 40

None of the sports clubs any availability this weekend, kids parties during the day, 21s, 30ths etc in evenings.

At least we know now we are allowed do it. Be a good weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What a pathetic attempt of waving your hands in the air. I heard nothing about it because you didn't want to hear. Talk about burying your head in the sand. Shocking to see people jumping through hoops to defend the indefensible but God forbid someone else behaves as FG do.

They could invite the entire country if they want once they meet the guidelines.

If you want to be outraged over every single pint a politician has off you go, don’t expect everyone else to be. The government went on hols and really the press are pulling any bulls**t out to keep the Twitter people happy.

If the hotel reps didn’t know but other did then the ones that didn’t know are doing a sh*t job….the government talk to the hotel association and they should be updating the hotels etc as well so where are they in all this?

FG in particular said this prior to last election as a heap of regional controversies cropped up....(such as morgue at ardkeen),

they told everyone it didnt matter and noone cared,when in reality each general election is a series of local elections....and they are effectively dead as a party in waterford after their carryon

I doubt it does, the rest of us understood it no problem.

I did see on internet recently someone complaining about a communion and made reference to fans been in a stadium. I don’t know how people are unable to tell the difference to be honest. It’s hardly rocket science

• Advertisement

You still maintain we all knew? Leading advocate for hospitality industry

Leo has also said the guidelines will be updated.

You are a spoofer

I think that is very unfair Dudley.

Personally I have no interest in Leo's private life. I am sure he is a grand person just like 99.9 percent of people in this country. I have very little time for Fianna Gael or Fianna Fail for their many failures in the health service that goes back before Leo's time and during his present time as a senior member of Government . I feel very strongly that he as a Senior member of our government over the last ten years has and is currently part of a government/governments that are failing many vulnerable citizens in our country.

If we take a look at how children and families of children with Autism are being treated within the HSE system for example, It is a totally inefficient service that they provide (or fail to provide for many children in my experience).There can be Up to 5 years of a waiting list to get on to an Early Intervention program. Many kids are passed onto the school age team without even meeting the members of the "multi disciplinary team " within the Early Intervention Team.

Staff within the health centres are under resourced . In two counties of the Midlands there are Two speech and Language therapists for the hundreds of kids who need to avail of these services publicly. Reports from Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists often come back with the wrong names throughout the reports with many parts clearly copy and pasted as the info bares no similarities to the children that they are reporting on. . It is heart breaking that this is going on in 2021 in Ireland. The worst thing is that doesn't look like changing any time soon as the political will to even try fix this mess is not there.

Staff are often not replaced when out on sickness or on maternity leave. It is not good enough for these children or their families. They deserve better.

Is it just Leo's fault? Of course not. However Leo Varadkar or Mr Martin were both Ministers for Health at one point and have been senior members of our government or opposition for at least a decade.

Sorry for the rant but that is why I will never have any time for FF or FG (Do i think any of the current opposition would be in any way better in this area? Unfortunately not)

Tell us how a virus knows the difference between our rulers getting together for a shin dig and a communian,or from people in a stadium

Kind of shades of when ffg posters used try tell us,that the virus could differeniate between a garda funeral and bobby story one......deosnt stand up to scrutiny,🤣🤣

They are trying to make pure dopes of us all imo

Sorry mate but you are hand waving, nobody cares about the rubbish posted up here every day. People have jobs, have a life, go on holidays and just want a pint when on hols. That all can be done this last weekend and it was great. The last subject was Zappone and if the government did come up everyone begrudgingly complimented them on the rollout. Now you can say I am lying, no skin off my nose but that’s the truth and you know it

People in a stadium outside and they had clear guidelines to spacing etc and masks indoor

A communion is a free for all, no masks and if it rains everyone will pile indoors. Events in hotels/stadium etc are managed by experts so the risk are lower, house parties like communions are not

Not sure how you can’t understand that or you just making out you don’t to complain about the government?

Bobby Storey? Couldn’t give a sh*t that’s NI problem

So the power swap's share of the vote has fallen from 86% to just over 40% just by coincidence? Nothing that happens has any consequence? Okie dokie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Oh they do care. You probably need to expand your horizons further than the local FG cumann. You can bury your head in the sand and support corruption and cronyism and then wave your hands in the air trying to deflect with pathetic responses instead of facing up to the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The Greens party is far worse here actually since they invited so much people. We have NPHET going on about reducing social contacts so even if it's a case they managed to have no more than 50 at a time, if Claire Byrne had covid (and since the party was for her, I'd assume she was there for all or most of it), that's one giant cluster. Even if that works out as in the guidelines, we all know it's not within the spirit of the guidelines which they've been telling us to adhere to.

This is essentially FG speak for people are stupid and the rules dont apply to us?

Looks to me,they are making it up as they go....so if a commuinan/confession after party is held at a hotel with 199 in attendance its ok....but 8 or 10 at a house it isnt.....either allow these parties for all,or for none imo,

I known people who were in cork last sunday stewarding at the waterford match,who have no expertise in this area of coronavirus restrictions....your blowing smoke up.peoples hole here mate

• Advertisement

Advertisement