Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Seeing your post I've strong feeling boards attachment compressing ratio is set wrong. Seriously wrong.

On the other note - did you try refresh the page? It may align posts in appropriate order.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

What's causing the bar which stays in the same place as I scroll. Using chrome

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I wonder if that has something to do with how the platform is saving your text as a Draft while you type, where the pause is where it's saving the draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I was going to say that using the > symbol is markdown lingo for starting a quote, so it auto-converting would make sense. However what doesn't make sense and is clearly a bug is that it's auto-converting when the > is in the middle of a sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Yes because it is markdown, it is supposed to work like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Is it? Should there not be an option to switch on/switch off markdown? It makes the 'greater than' and 'less than' functions completely unavailable. It's minor - but it is a bug.

Oh I see what you're saying. It is built into the editor don't use the symbol when typing, be weary of typing hashtags also.

Typing anywhere in a sentence or paragraph with the > symbol turns the line into a quote.

That shouldn't happen. > should be and needs to be at the start of the sentence, definitely should not turn the whole block into a quote. Surrounding it with ** or 2 underscores will get around it (__) these symbols in markdown are * italics * and __ bold __ (without the space before and after), others are ~~ strikethrough ~~

Also once you delete the space where you placed the symbol it should delete the quoted block. There is no way to remove the quote (not even in the format menu), you have to either delete and start over or move the text out of the quote block, copy and paste will copy the formatting also. There is however a history for undo in the text editor CTRL + Z so if it is done mistakenly you can get the formatting back.

Also typing the symbol followed by text will delete any text if there is no space following the > symbol that definitely should not happen. ie "><randomtextHITSPACE" this should be seen as is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Testing IMG markdowns…

![The San Juan Mountains are beautiful!](https://mdg.imgix.net/assets/images/san-juan-mountains.jpg "San Juan Mountains")

Edit: nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

NM

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Silly question: Why Sould we be doing all that >< +Z stuff etc.? And will it help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Edit:It didn't do anything when I put them in anyway except possibly changing the word "should" to "Sould" for some reason. It could have been my fault but I doubt it in the current circumstances.

There was no way for me to edit the post if it was my fault.

Also, everything keeps freezing while I'm trying to post this.

All what? Typing a few extra characters that will literally take less than 3 seconds to use any symbols you wouldn't normally use in a sentence or using a well known undo shortcut if you do something wrong. Looks like you typed it anyway judging by the sentence.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

3 closed accounts have been promoted to Level 4. Congratulations!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

There doesn't appear to be a way to delete messages from Inbox.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Hi, hope this is the right place to report this but my username is 2 characters and I a unable to make it private due to error below, I don't want to change my username but I do want my account to be private which I thought it was all along until the latest change\update to the forum?

• Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

BTW I don't have an option to change my username so this is a security risk for me, please come back to me asap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

great choice of colours...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

You have an SEO issue, for pages which are found via search and the search result is linking to a post which is in a thread which had more than one page (as determined by vbulletin default) and the post is found on page whose number is equal to or greater than half of the total number of pages in the original thread (e.g., page 2 of 2, page 3 of four, page 21 of 40).

Your old (vb) links contain page numbers which are surfaced by google which don't always exist, as the new forum has a higher default post per page setting.

I've gotten 'This page doesn't exist errors' for quite a few google searches, and I have to remove the trailing /pX in the URL in order get to the page to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The circular avatar is a pain, it's cropped my custom image. Can we get the old square fixed size placeholder again or do I need to go and redraw my .png to fit the new dimensions?

Also, return the "Tooltip" that displayed the first line of an OP's post when you hover over the thread title.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you get a notifications that somebody has quoted you which is fine. does anybody know how to turn off when that user is on your ignore list. it is pointless to send a notification that a user on your ignore list has quoted you or tagged you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Is there an option to hide the little images/smilies under posters' usernames?

I found how to hide signatures, but not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Anyone know how to search for your own posts? When you ask a question on a massive thread you don’t have a hope of finding your question and if it was answered after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

On mobile/ touch site

View Profile

Scroll down, scroll down, scroll down some more..... and some more....

At the very bottom, there's a menu, with Comments

That's your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I keep getting notifications when people post to a megathread that I (apparently) was the OP for.

I'm unsubscribed, but still get notifications whenever new posts are added?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

https://www.boards.ie/profile/preferences they added a ton of stuff here, check you've unticked em all and mark all notifications as read, that should clean it up!

But i'm sure you'd like to hear more about robot hoovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

New issue with PMs on mobile.

I was chatting to another poster and we both noticed a time lag in notifications. I didn't get a notification of their last PM, but on a whim clicked on the envelope icon. That showed a new PM but when I clicked on it it brought me to the top of the newly-coined conversation. When I scrolled down the new message didn't show.

So I can only see the first bit of the message when I click on the envelop and I'm not sure how long it will take to access it.

This is a new bug.

Keep getting notifications also from a thread I started that I no longer participate in nor have any interest in seeing notifications from. Only option I have is disable the notification from threads I started which will effectively turn off all notifications from any future started threads, which is not wanted. Or turn off the notifications from started threads and turn on bookmarked discussion notifications, issue with that one is I'll have to remove bookmarked discussions I browse but rarely post in, again not wanted.

Would be nice to be able to turn these off per thread or be able to add the thread to some sort of ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

https://www.boards.ie/categories as linked in the top bar has been giving me the following error on desktop for the past two days:

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.

Please check back in a little while.

• Advertisement

It's because you're not following any forums, which can only be done on mobile now. Ridiculous error on top of a ridiculous situation.

Click this link. I think it should default that page back to All and save it.

https://www.boards.ie/categories?followed=0&save=1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement