Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

All of those questions have been answered many time previously, and you won't like the answers to them.

How about you pick a random question out, and I will gladly answer it for you?

Have you ever considered that you might have more luck in the conspiracy theory forum? Cause your statements simply have no basis in reality and multiple courts have upheld the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Wayne Allyn Root ffs 😂😂

Root is known for spreading conspiracy theories[3][4][32] and false information.[33]

Root was a leading proponent of the conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States.[34] Root falsely claimed that Obama was not a student at Columbia University.[4] He later stated in a 2012 interview with Sean Hannity that he believed Obama was a "foreign exchange student" there.[32] He has repeatedly described Obama as a "Marxist, anti-American, anti-Israel, globalist, middle class-hating, Muslim sympathizer".[32] In 2017, he claimed that Obama was gay, called him "Bathhouse Barry" and said that he had info from Obama's "friends in Chicago" about his "sordid past".[32] In 2014, he described Obama as a "Manchurian candidate", possibly hired by the Bilderberg Group to destroy the United States and "kill all of us".[32]

Root promoted conspiracy theories around the murder of Seth Rich, and at various times suggested that Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Hillary Clinton, Donna Brazile, Bill Clinton, Eric Schneiderman and John Podesta were involved in the murder.[32]

During the white supremacist Unite the Right rally, Root falsely claimed that blaming white supremacist James Alex Fields Jr. for killing Heather Heyer was "such B.S. Probably paid actors & infiltrators hired by Soros. No conservative I've ever met commits violence. EVER."[32]

On the night of the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, in which 58 people were shot and killed by Stephen Paddock (including himself) and 2 of them shot by Paddock later died of their injuries in 2019 and 2020 respectively, Root tweeted: "Clearly coordinated Muslim terror attack." Police later determined only one shooter—a non-religious American—was involved.[33][35][36]

In 2018, Root argued that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election is motivated by "penis envy", because "Mueller's is smaller than Trump's."[32]

In 2020, Root claimed without evidence that Joe Biden's son Hunter had raped and tortured children.[37]

On February 6, 2021, Twitter permanently suspended the accounts of both Root and founder Jim Hoft of The Gateway Pundit for violating Twitter rules.[38]

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Reading that just makes me sad.

That an adult can even for a moment countenance that such utterly spurious horsesh!t might be true genuinely saddens me.

Every single one of your "Common sense questions" have been repeatedly and comprehensively answered and debunked many many times over - Several of them in courts of law.

It is truly dis-spiriting to read that and have to accept that some people can be so far down a rabbit-hole of distrust and hatred that they are willing to suspend the basics of information processing brain function to facilitate their cognitive bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

My guess that Donald will end up in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I see. Would you (and/or your kids) see Trump trying to overturn a free and fair election through lies and misinformation as a demonstration of Trump the politician, or Trump the blowhard?

Would you accept the fact that his current crusade is damaging the concept of democracy around the world? How do you feel about him persisting with this lie when pretty much every court in the land has thrown his claims straight into the bin?

Can I take it from your post that you're actually blaming the media for him spreading lies about the election? And that he's acting in a totally fair manner at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ah, quick fire, take down a conspiracy theorist quickfire super round:

-- If Democrats didn't rig and steal the election, why are they so afraid of forensic audits in key battleground states, specifically the current audit in Arizona?

Because they aren't forensic audits anymore, the ballots have been trucked here there and everywhere and are being audited by a group who aren't qualified to audit. The previous actual forensic audits carried out by professionals, employed by the GOP, found that BIDEN WON.

-- When Trump was an 8-to-1 landslide favorite with bettors around the world late on election night and clearly headed toward a landslide electoral victory, why did five states suddenly announce they would pause counting for the night? And how come Biden was suddenly ahead by morning?

Biden was heavy favorite before and during the election, the only place little baby trumpy was getting good odds were on the betting markets where astute gamblers made a fortune off idiot GOP supporters who started trying to lump on trump and lost all their money when BIDEN WON.

-- How come Michigan apparently had a dump of 149,772 votes at 6:31 a.m. on Nov. 4, 96% of which went to Biden?

Because when the postal votes were counted and released, they heavily went for Biden because idiot trumpy told his supporters not to use postal voting resulting in a BIG BIDEN WIN.

-- How did Wisconsin count 149,520 votes for Biden from 3:26 to 3:44 a.m. on Nov. 4?

Because a lot of postal votes were all counted and tallied at the same time resulting in a BIDEN WIN.

-- How come Philadelphia vote counters were so desperate to keep witnesses out of the counting room? Why did they refuse entry to witnesses (to Republicans) until those witnesses had a court order in hand?

INCORRECT, GOP were in the counting room, they went to court to be told what distance they had to keep away from the counters for social distancing resulting in an answer of 6 feet.

-- Why were the windows in a vote-counting location in Detroit covered with cardboard so nobody (no Republican) could see inside?

There were republicans inside watching the count, watching BIDEN WIN.

-- There are videotapes filmed in Detroit of vans pulling up in the middle of the night with what obviously look like boxes of ballots. In Atlanta, there are videotapes that clearly show ballot containers appearing at a vote-counting location after a fake water main break was used to force all GOP witnesses out of the counting room. Why can't we discuss these videotapes?

You mean the witnesses who later recant their statements and the vans who were delivered supplies so the vote counters could confirm the BIDEN WIN?

Anyway, off to the CT forum with you so you can embarrass yourself even further.

(have you been quoting your GOP politician son all this time? Is that why it's all plagiarised?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Have we gone back to November or something?

Why can’t these people move on?

When will you realise that you're being sold a lie?

It's because Donald has told them that they can't move on. Whatever Donald says, goes. It's the nearest thing to a Jonestown-style cult that I can imagine, and to be honest, it's terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭Cody montana

True, if you believe the crackpots over the courts, then you are too far gone.

I wonder is it an education thing?

Fairly sure I got a warning for talking about that before. My own view is that it's driven by people dissatisfied with their own lives, that see Trump as some sort of Godlike figure that the whole world is against. They see him as some sort of kindred spirit, but unfortunately they're severely misguided.

It also seems that this bracket of people are much less likely to either fact check anything, or develop their own independent view of things. It's literally a "groupthink" situation and to be honest, it's gone way too far now. The levels of delusion are very sad, and the fact that a large majority of Republican voters believe the nonsense that Trump is spouting is even sadder.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

How does it end though? That's the really terrifying part. We can only hope that Donnie ends up in jail where he belongs and fades into obscurity and irrelevance. It looks like some of the cultists are too far gone to be saved, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If only Trump's side had taken all their evidence of that to court.

Oh wait, they did, and all their cases were dismissed, including by GOP and even Trump-appointed judges if I'm not mistaken, because they had zero actual evidence of any of that happening or in such a way that it would affect election results. Some of the cases Trump's own lawyers wouldn't even state that they believed some of those things happened because they knew they were in a court of law and were bound by court oaths to tell the truth.

It's beyond even conspiracy theory stuff. It's pure delusion and fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I suspect that these conspiracy theories and most of the bluster about Biden all boils down to supporters unable to believe that Trump lost as they are so far down the rabbit hole. There was a trump supporter during the election who said that he was sure that Trump would win because he just couldn’t see him losing to Biden, that was it nothing else really, they were just so far gone down the rabbit hole that Trump not winning is unbelievable. People who believe these conspiracies just don’t want to believe the truth and after four years of swallowing lies they are happy to continue swallowing all that is served up to them.

trump twice lost the popular vote and his ratings were never high but his base was and is so noisy they convinced themselves he was more popular than he was, during the election we had constant comparisons with the rallies, look at how many came out to hear Trump whilst joe hid in his basement was a favourite. It ignored the reality of the time and what was happening in the world but ignoring reality is his supporters forte.

Only 32% of Americans believe that Trump running in 2024 would be a good thing.

Please run Trump, I would love to see you cry like the bitch you are when you lose by an even bigger margin.

I've no answer for that, I'm afraid. After everything Trump has done that should disqualify him from any sort of public office, a large portion of the country there is still brainwashed to his lies. I've no idea what's going to happen but if it continues well into the future, I can't see a future for the United States as it is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's because they look over and see this in the other car driving the wrong way:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The reality is that Trump still being around banging on about the election is actually very damaging to the GOP.

Sure, it engages and energises a core of people that will always vote for the GOP and is perhaps good for fundraising , but it's a really bad thing in terms of expanding their vote to win back control of the House/Senate/WH.

Absolutely no one outside the MAGA bubble has any interest in listening to another few years of a loser whining about losing.

They want to hear about stuff that matters like the economy etc.

Trump has no interest in talking about anything other than himself and he has corrupted the GOP so much that certainly until after Primary season they all have to doff the cap to his "They stole it from me" bullsh!t.

That story-line isn't going to win them back a single seat anywhere.

in terms of fundraising it isn't good for GOP fundraising. the funds are going to trump instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,289 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Trump supporters know the election audits won’t change the fact that Biden is president, even if forensic audits in Arizona and Pennsylvania would show Trump actually won the states giving him a 279-259 advantage in the Electoral College. The Electoral College has spoken… so it is written so it shall be done. But what it will do is help to make sure legislative actions are enacted to ensure a fair and equitable elections happen in the future and not what we experienced in 2020. 80% of Americans support Voter ID laws on in-person voting and mail-in voting, you know. 

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Wow just wow.

I honestly cannot say anymore than that, my mind cannot comprehend him at all anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,289 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^

That's not real, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

As per those immortal words of the song...

🎼Donald Trump , Donald Trump ,he's a very bold boy ....🎶

it certainly reads like something he would write.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

If woke means you lose does that mean Donnie is woke? 🤔

• Advertisement

You don't open a single link anyone goes to the effort of finding and replying to you with do you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement