Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Certainly not great in Sligo this week. There's been 17mm of rain so far and my measurement of rain from now until Sunday evening is at 7.1mm. This will likely be near 100mm by then but yr.no has changed Friday to 16mm after having 58mm this morning. There certainly will be 30mm on one of the next 4 days here. Tons of rain coming down from the North. Northern Ireland will be badly hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I had farmers asking me about rain as nothing came on Wednesday, so some parts are getting bad in terms of rain, other areas bad in terms of lack of rain.

Maybe it is better today.

Only 4mm last night so up to 11mm

Expecting 100mm so I guess 89mm left until Sunday night .....jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

As has been said, past few days in Dublin or August so far has been ok. Been sunnier locally for me closer to the coast but hardly a tropical paradise whilst still dry.

This morning though is literally a typical winter or late autumn morning with rain and wind. Worst morning of the summer. August in full swing (or as I like to joke Autumngust).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

Beautiful stormy winters day out there today.

A day to watch TV all day + not feel guilty.

Happy August holidays!

• Advertisement

The farmers will be happy today, Robert thats for sure, although they should be careful what they wish for could lead to floods.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Miserable wet, cool and windy muck. August is back doing what August does best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A miserable day in Castlebar . Not even a few sparks to liven things up

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

Just think back to a few short weeks ago when people were on here upset that it was too warm and that they couldn't sleep at night. 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Sunshine and showers in Achill.

I know it rained heavily during the night but it isn't that bad of a day so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Very Windy and some light rain in Dublin, not cold though. Feels milder than you expect it to be looking out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential Showers in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wicklow rain shadow doing it's thing here for the moment in north Dub. Weather of interest just to the west, mostly mod/heavy showers. 16.6c.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Torrential rain in Castlebar currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yea, that was an extraordinary downpour. And the noise alone was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Very warm and hasn't rained in a couple of hours in West Mayo right on the coast here, the showers seem to be just missing us to the southwest, some very nice sunny spells in the last while

Pauldry, just noted on another thread that Mullingar has had 18mm of rain in 1 hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭highdef

Doesn't surprise me, the last shower here in North Kildare was torrential, even by my standards. Plenty of thunder rumbling to my west and northwest for the past half hour, in the direction of Mullingar. I posted a couple of vids on the "Current Weather" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Torrential rain here in Naas

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some of the heaviest rain in years fell here in north east Kilkenny, didn't last too long but with thunder.

• Advertisement

As the old saying goes the heavens have opened here on North County Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just turned as black as the ace of spades here in Dublin 15 and I can hear distant growls of thunder. We had a 6 or 7 minute torrential shower about 90 minutes ago, but suspect we ain't seen nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wet evening coming in Dublin. Winds gone that bit more southwesterly so edging out of the rain shadow and in to the shower belt. ☂️

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Was planning to head to Kerry next week but the weather forecast looks very wet midweek. I presume that forecast unlikely to change?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The absolute state of this

August ffs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The heaviest rain I have ever seen in Ireland over the past hour and a half in Dunshaughlin. Widespread flash flooding and rumbles of thunder with it and the odd flash of lightning. Took these photos almost an hour ago and it hasn't stopped raining since.

Claremorris 14mm nearly 40mm for day

Mullingar 16mm I've lost count 50mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I'm just 15 miles south of Claremorris near Tuam and it's been mainly dry all afternoon, we've being leading a charmed life it would seem.

Tables may get turned later on or tomorrow, it's pot luck with the slow circulation around the LP centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Very dark here in D16. Very heavy shower has just eased. Have yet to hear thunder

• Advertisement

The thunder seems to have died out now almost everywhere. Not much thunder risk over the next few days with cooler air and generally showery with no shortage of rainfall over the next week. It may turn warmer again next week with some cooler interludes and remaining unsettled.

Advertisement