Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex-selective abortion.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If it's any consolation, China's population growth has been on a fairly continuous downward slide and in the next decade will likely see negative growth, leading to it shrinking slowly. They managed to briefly pause it by lifting their one-child policy, but the imbalance of males to females, increasing levels of wealth and education, and their general level of xenophobia means that the downward slide is likely irreversible.

India is on the same path, but a few decades behind. Could be 20-30 years before they peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

I guess this means their populations will drop by a few hundred million. I'd be delighted if Communist China's economy collapsed - then we might see the end of the Beijing politburo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

That would be mighty altogether. We can only dream

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Reading this thread has depressed me no end. 😢

Humanity en masse never ceases to sadden me in terms of its ignorance, bigotry, inability to think ahead and willingness to inflict wanton cruelty.

Advertisement