Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign exchange

Options
  • 05-08-2021 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have a sterling account in NI. I also have a euro account in the Republic where I live. I would like to transfer from the sterling account to the euro account but I cannot see how to do this and what the exchange rate would be. How can I do this. Also there seems to be no way to ask these questions on the website any more. How am I expected to get answers when the communication via the website has been removed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

So I found how do send messages on the mobile app but I still would like answers to the transfer questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Joe, thanks for your post here.

In order to transfer from your Sterling account to your Euro account you would need to add your Euro account as a payee on your Sterling. You can do this online by logging in to Banking 365 and select 'Payments' - 'Manage Payees' - 'Add a Payee'.

When you're transferring to this account you should be given the exchange rate before sending.

I hope that this information helps.

Thanks, Eve

Hello

Unfortunatley that doesn't work. When I try and add my euro account as a payee I get an error message saying I cannot add an existing BoI account in my name as a payee on my sterling account.

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Joeirish, sorry to see this is happening.

If you give a call to my colleagues on 0818365365 they can untick the Euro account for online viewing, help with adding the Euro payee and then add back the Euro account for viewing for you on the one call.

Hoping this helps,

Many thanks

Alison

hello

The Online Message Desk now say this account needs to be made "payable to either" because it is a joint account. Is this correct or can this be sorted using the phone number you gave me.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Thanks for getting back to us here Joe.

This would be correct. Please follow the instructions that my colleagues outlined in their message back to you. It is likely you will need to call into branch with photo ID. My colleagues will be happy to help.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement