Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rather extreme example of decor for Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

Mmm it’s creative

• Registered Users Posts: 16,260 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Easy to rip most of that out if you don't like clutter.

Some of the colours hurt my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Full new kitchen needed though - not something you'd expect to have to lay out for immediately on somewhere that age.

The rope banisters is very impressive, not too keen on the rest of it, though.

I just had a vision of drunk me pulling the whole rope out of the wall actually, trying to steady myself up to the jacks after a feed of pints. Think I'll pas on that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

At least it has some personality, unlike the average magnolia palace that's sold here.

Apart from the bunk bed, I'd happily live in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Eh it's not exactly scandalising me unlike some of the €2m+ mansions that get posted around here that are truly insane and hideous

A couple years back I viewed a semi-D that had one room covered in murals of people, every one had empty blank eyesockets. Still haunts me. Now that was extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Warrachie

Anyone that wants to live in the area won't be majorly put off by the decor. It is quite personal, but it seems well kept.

Having to put in a new kitchen might not be something you bank on having to do when you move in, but it is a usable space. Putting in a new kitchen in one that size wouldn't cost the earth anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Most of the problems are clutter and cosmetic tbh. Nothing there you couldn't sort out with a trip to IKEA for a new kitchen and a month of DIY redecoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I doubt the seller is Irish. Looks all quite Eastern European.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

its like upcycling on steroids. It comes to a point where you just have to say 'stop'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Looks more Spanish and possibly what someone who has gone on holiday to Spain every year for thirty years might want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,260 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It does look a bit like a 'rustic' Italian or Spanish kitchen, albeit pure kitsch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Look at the ceiling in the second bedroom; there are four separate wired lights above the bed (wooden bunk bed style bed), all different. WTF????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Once you remove all the decor rubbish from the walls, replace the lights and two cupboard doors with the flower tiles, the kitchen is functional - the sink is massive which is really nice and then its all tiles, easy wipe down. Certainly not everyone's taste but you wouldn't need to rip it out right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's not the worst. Throw out some of the clutter and some parts look quite attractive imo.

I have memories of the Marilyn Monroe house from a few years back. Garish purple and Marilyn Monroe murals everywhere.

There's a place near my parents where every room is basically a shrine to the Irish rugby team, complete with a shebeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Spanish/Portuguiese rural vibes. I doubt that it is the sort of decor which will appeal to anyone and will not garner a big bidding war.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

Those look like IR Heat Lamps. Complete with indoor clothes lines in each bed room. To me it looks like the inside of a traditional Gypsi 'Wanderly Wagon'.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The clothes line in the sitting room . If I had to guess I would say Spanish Gypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kurooi

'This apartment's rustic design and layout has a very mediterranean and Italian feel, its unique design and layout certainly makes it stand out from the rest.'

Gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

This is what happens when crusties live in apartments.

Advertisement