Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat/Poor air quality on Ryanair planes.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,679 ✭✭✭✭L1011

1960s aircraft in having awkward design shocker.

They are crippled by being unable to modify the aircraft enough to have it considered to be a new airframe - because you would never have as many ridiculous features on a new airframe (short landing gear, that overhead panel, blanked out windows for ducts, those cabin doors that kill lighter weight cabin crew ever so often etc) but the common cert is critical for big customers like Southwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

L1011 wrote: »
    1960s aircraft in having awkward design shocker.

They are crippled by being unable to modify the aircraft enough to have it considered to be a new airframe - because you would never have as many ridiculous features on a new airframe (short landing gear, that overhead panel, blanked out windows for ducts, those cabin doors that kill lighter weight cabin crew ever so often etc) but the common cert is critical for big customers like Southwest.

Thankfully they've changed this in the 'all new' Max! Oh...wait....nevermind. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

The 737 has a nightmare of an air-conditioning system. It's very sensitive and requires constant adjustment by the pilots (based on complaints from passengers and cabin crew).
    Boeing could have saved the pilots a lot of heartache by putting the cabin temperature controller in the galleys!

And how I wish they had! It's frustrating for us and them to be constantly calling them to adjust it. And frequently the crew at the front are calling to make the cabin cooler, whilst the aft crew are calling for it to be warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Have Ryanair taken delivery of their new 737 Max aircraft? Any of them flying at the moment?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Thanks. I remember when they were withdrawn from service many people said they would not fly on one. Michael O'Leary said that you would be able to find out the model of plane before flying. Does anyone know if when booking a Ryanair flight they state the make and model of the plane before making your booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,679 ✭✭✭✭L1011

As far as I can see, no - but it may be that they flag the Max (or 8-200 as they call it) specifically rather than just showing the aircraft type at all times.

You could tell by looking to book a specific seat, the 800 has 33 rows and the Max should have 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

Aer Lingus have an ex Qatar 330 with no overhead vents I've flown it transatlantic several times and it's very uncomfortable. It comes as a surprise to the crew too as they keep referring to the fresh air available above your head in the preflight instructions! Bad enough leaving Ireland to East Cost US but can't imagine what it was like flying for Qatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Don’t suppose you have the aircraft ID or name, so I and perhaps others can make sure to avoid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

Its EI-GEY it was due a cabin refit to bring it in line with the rest of the fleet precovid but I don't know if that would include retro fitting the vents or just redoing business class and removing the extra galley I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement