Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

My concern is, for the Ioniq28, Ioniq38(?) and Kona evs they only had one Irish model available in one trim level.

Seemed to be a mix of UK spec premium and SE. EG you have LKAS but not TACC on the Kona. No option for cooled seats etc.

I want this, but I'd only want a high spec variant that competes with slower Teslas on speed and has AWD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I watched that vid soon as he uploaded it, serious charging rate well north of 200 for decent SOC level, eCars High Power units already out of date, really is a case of splash and dash, the way it should be

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

The only problem is how it handles 400V HPCs. The Taycan is particularly bad at this due to losses. I'd like to see a charge curve for teh Ioniq 5 at a 150kW unit as thats the best we have here. Even some of Ionity units here- the legacy ones - are 400v

I'd say Bjorn dying to test it's 400v magic to jump to 800v and he's clued in so probably test it on variety of 150+ chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So my sister in law saw one today and loved the looks of it. Told her it's an excellent EV but don't know much about the Irish situation. Can anyone give me a rough breakdown of what spec cars are available when (nowish, or in the new year) and roughly what sort of money we're talking on the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

So the ioniq 5 is up on hyundai ireland website inc pricing-seems to be 7 different specs starting at 38k+del etc(which surprises me as the kona electric is over 40k🤔)have fun everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Redfox25

The executive plus is looking good, 73kw battery for just under 45k (including grants).

Misses out on some tech but not much more than a Kona pricetag is interesting for a bigger car.

Wanna watch out for delivery-paint etc could be the guts of €3000!🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Exec Plus 73 deffo a sweet spot. that’s a decent bit of kit for 45k

Premium over Exec Plus doesn’t offer much for 4k. Pretty much just full leather and fancier headlights. Premium Plus offers some nice toys but not worth a further 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Most of the "nice" stuff, the stuff that differentiates the Ioniq 5 from the competition, the blind spot view monitor (the side view cameras appearing in the dash when changing lanes), the V2L stuff, the augmented reality HUD, 360 camera & even the powered tailgate are all reserved for the top spec model at €54k+ 😕.

Agreed though, the Executive Plus 73 kW isn't bad at €45k, but I'd be wanting the top spec model for those features & need the AWD too for a decent performance. At €65k+ it is too much.

• Advertisement

Battery capacity in kW 🙄

The base model at €37995 is the best value, bit of a bargain. The executive plus package for €3k doesn't add a lot of value in my book, but for another €4k you get the larger battery, so I agree that would be a popular choice

Agree with Kramer that it's very disappointing that V2L only comes with the top spec car. Would it be available as an option on its own?

It does look like the top spec with all the goodies also comes on the RWD €53,495 long range car. Lot of money for a Hyundai, but an awful lot less than the ludicrous €65k of the AWD

Go and try and buy the base one for 38k,think you'd get a shock with the sneaky add-ons,be closer to 41-42k i'd say(coming from someone who's been car shopping recently)kona electric advertised at 38k on hyundai website but they're all 41k ish on carzone😤

t does look like the top spec with all the goodies also comes on the RWD €53,495 long range car. Lot of money for a Hyundai, but an awful lot less than the ludicrous €65k of the AWD

They're all pretty slow though - 7.4 seconds to 100km/h. I know it's a large family type SUV, but I'd be after the sub 6 second model & that's the €65k+ one.

The 58kWh version is cheaper, granted, but I think that capacity battery is just too small in such a vehicle. Given the size/weight & poor drag coefficient, you'd struggle to make 200km hops on the motorway, especially in winter. You'd be right back at 28kWh "classic" Ioniq need for frequent stops. Too frequent.

Sure, great charging speed at Ionity, but only a handful here & it'll be expensive!

Not too long ago, you could have bought almost 3x new Ioniqs for the cost of this new Ioniq 5 (AWD/top spec)! Or 2x Ioniqs & a Leaf 30 🤨.

I wonder will there be low supply due to lack of Microchips ?

So the one I'd choose would be the executive plus 72 Kwh, I suppose it compares well with the id.4 add maybe 2-3 K for metallic paint out the door etc.

It's a lot though for a Hyundai ? particularly for the higher spec cars.

No mention of Apple car play or Android Auto ?

Good to see them offer the full range of spec though.

Pity the 72 Kwh isn't 37,995*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I still don't like the looks. Like an oversized weird hatchback. The Golf Plus if you will. Ugly machine that.

Proportions don't make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah in the photos it reminds me of a golf GTi or 206 from back in the 90's. But then you see someone stand next to it and it's actually huge.

I do like the look of it.

@Kramer - do you know what the Cd is? Hyundai / Kia have a long history of very efficient EVs, I doubt you will just get 200km motorway range out of the 58kWh Ioniq 5. Even on a bad winter's day. Edit - looked it up, it is 0.288. Not great but not terrible either. A tiny bit better than both Kona and e-Niro. Which have a slightly bigger battery and easily do 300-350km motorway range, so this should have close to 300km motorway range no bother

@Mad_Lad - even the base €25k 2016 Ioniq 28kWh came with both Apple car play and Android Auto as standard, so I presume this car does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

I see the Executive Plus gets a heat pump, definitely the sweet spot in the model range here. Will be interested to see the winter efficiency, wonder if they will be using aggressive battery heating similar to VW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

The Ioniq 5 doesn't have the equivalent in its range to the EV6 GT, right? So what will that Kia cost if the AWD Hyundai is €65k! Hyundai and Kia are losing the run of themselves with €60k+ hatchbacks. The i4 M50 looking a much more enticing and value for money buy.

• Advertisement

Gotta agree there. Tesla Model 3 Performance for a similar price as the top model EV6 GT / Ioniq 5 AWD. And has far superior perfomance. I doubt these Kia / Hyundai top models will sell in great numbers if at all in Ireland. And a big mistake not to make the V2L standard on all models, or at least available as an optional extra on all for a reasonable price. It's a USP no other car has (the silly price city car Honda E has something similar but not nearly as powerful)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

The EV6 GT-line seems to have pretty much every goodie (HUD, V2L, 77kWh etc) bar the AWD and it's currently being advertised by the KIA Ireland website at just under €55k (so just under the grant cut-off point), so at a guess the AWD version will be comparable to the Ioniq 5 at about €65k. Pretty eye-watering stuff but Hyundai and Kia know that the early adopters will be willing to pay the price. No doubt the lesser-specced cars will be available later at lower prices, but Kia and Hyundai definitely want to move up the brand/value chain to put some clear water between themselves and the flood of cheaper EV's that will come out of china in years to come.

So this car Vs ID4 and the Skoda...hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

What you have to factor in is that if you start explaining the V2L and other features to a lot of Irish customers then its like a foreign language.

Hyundais sales team knows the market.

That's NOT the same as me saying I agree with their assessment.

But I think the fact you can buy an entry level for sub 40 k apparently shows how they see the market.

That market being people that might otherwise have bought a Tucson or back in the day a Mk 1 Santa Fe

I love the looks of this and the 800v charging and the charging curve, but the price for the spec I want (the AWD model) is too much for a hyundai.

Just reading through the spec list and the top of the line model is super well specced.

I prefer it to the model 3 looks wise too. I need a new EV for 2-4 years until cybertruck gets here, this is near the top of my list now!

Has anyone here put in an order for one yet? Just wondering when deliveries are expected to start and what availability is going to be like..

Cd........it is 0.288. Not great but not terrible either. A tiny bit better than both Kona and e-Niro. Which have a slightly bigger battery and easily do 300-350km motorway range, so this should have close to 300km motorway range no bother

My Model 3 last winter. An unbroken motorway run at night, 80kms at 122km/h, GPS. 40 minutes exactly with 16kWhs used.

20kWh/100km.

That consumption isn't unusual in the ultra slippy & efficient Model 3 so the bigger, boxy Ioniq 5 could well hit 24kWh/100km & that's makes the 58kWh Ioniq 5 a 200km motorway range car IMO (never going to charge to 100% & discharge to 0% on a motorway run).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Passed one of these on the road earlier, lovely looking rear anyway. Doesn't look that big or much taller on the road compared to other cars. It's shorter than an i40.

• Advertisement

It's not as tall as ID.4 for example, but it is wide with a long wheelbase, so should be very roomy. Not as long as I expected alright, good bit shorter than a Model 3 and even a 4 door Civic.

Advertisement