Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Hi all,

Would anybody have sample answers for property law they wouldn't mind sharing? Can swap other materials!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

I sat Property last time and passed and I am sitting Contract in October. I think if you want it a bit easier go for Property. The overall subject is shorter plus you're (pretty much) guaranteed two questions on succession. Then there is adverse possession, finding, co-ownership, licenses, and others which come up very frequently. You don't really have to study the whole course to be in with a very good chance of passing.

Preparing for Contract myself now, and the manual says you need a holistic approach to the course as there can be a bunch of different topics in one problem question. I'm covering the whole course whereas I left out 3 or 4 topics in Property and still passed comfortably.

If you're feeling confident you may as well sit Contract, still plenty of time to prepare. But if you'd prefer a bit of an easier ride and more time to study for your other subjects too go with Property.

Hope this helps!

Hey everyone, not sure how active this thread is during off-season but wondering if anyone could shed some light regarding leaving certain topics out of my study.

I am sitting both Equity and Tort in October, haven't even looked at either of them yet and any knowledge I had from my college days is long gone bar the very basics. Does anyone who has sat these exams know if it is possible to leave some topics out and still be in with a good chance of answering five full questions? Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone would be willing to share their company/eu scripts from the last sitting or previous, just to get an idea of what the examiners are looking for?

I can also share my contract, criminal and property scripts in return, if anyone is in need!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Anon3ymous

Company Law

Does anyone have a sample answer for an essay Q on Restrictions?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Hey,

Just wondering if you found the link for applying - I’m having no luck. thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

Sitting Tort and Eu in October and I'm really struggling with prioritizing topics for Tort. I'm trying to focus on the topics that are most important/most likely to appear in this next paper first, but given the size of the syllabus I'm finding it difficult and quiet daunting. Would anyone have any advice on which topics to choose first to cover? Every topic seems to be important/ incapable of being cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mcdurh

Crap, crap, crap! I completely forgot to apply for the exams! Does anyone know if it's possible to make a late application? Just emailed Paula Sheedy, this would completely screw me, only have two FE-1's left, I'm such an idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Chill, they haven't even opened applications yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Does anyone have a a 2020/2021 contract law manual they could provide me with? I just need the electronic/soft form of it. Will pay some bobs for it :)

also any up to date contract grid would be v appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Sip Sip Hooray

I just spoke to them on the phone. Said the applications will open next Wednesday and the deadline to apply with be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Just wondering what everyone is thinking of leaving out for Company Law? Only getting started with it and there seems to be quite a few large chapters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aimeenig

Selling 2020-2021 City Colleges FE1 Manuals for Company, Constitutional, Property and EU - PM for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lawgrad_

Does anyone have a recent constitutional manual? Happy to swap for other materials/summarised notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi guys,

does anyone know where we can do our applications for the October sitting? The timetable says the deadline is tomorrow and I can’t find where to do it on the website

The deadline has been extended to the 14th on the most up to date timetable. Someone on here also said that they were speaking to them and the application form will be online next week and that the date will be pushed back beyond the 14th again. It's just the Law Society being incredibly disorganized as usual 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dunne...

Hi guys,

If anybody could tell me what came up in the last Contract exam I would appreciate it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Hi everyone,

Sitting equity and property in October. Anyone know a good spot to buy materials? I have materials from constitutional, EU and tort I could trade but it doesn't seem to be allowed on this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Hey guys does anyone have up to date grids for tort, equity, company, property and contract? Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe120202021

Hey guys,

hope study is going well for everyone. Would anyone have sample answers for EU and Equity they wouldn’t mind sending into me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Hey folks, would anyone who used the Equity Nutshells by Dowling recommend it? I found the Tort one great for getting the basics, but from what I've seen this Equity one was published almost a decade ago so I'm be a bit concerned some elements could be out of date. Any thoughts on it from those who've read it much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lawd20

Hi all,

Hope everyone's study is going well.

I'd appreciate if anyone had Contract or EU 2020 / 2021 papers they could share?

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

hey are people going to sit them online or decide to go to the red cow ? a bit torn as to what to do

Definitely online. You get an extra half an hour, I personally am much faster typing than writing and you save money by not having to pay for accommodation (if you aren't based in Dublin or Cork).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LawStudent125

If any friendly individual could post a link or message me a Contract or Equity and Trusts exam grid I would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

I've sat 2 in person and 2 online. I didn't mind both experiences so kind of torn myself, but with the extra half hour and no trvel needed probably will go online again.

But I will say that I had more nerves the night before and morning of doing them online- worrying about tech issues etc. You underestimate how you can get rid of the nervous tension by walking to the exam centre and seeing other people in the same situation etc.. that didn't really happen for me as I was impatiently waiting at home all morning! However, I would now feel confident doing them again online. So all depends on your past experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

If anybody has an utd Equity and/or property grid and sample answers/past papers, PM me please. I might have other materials in return depending on what you're looking for. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Hi guys, would anyone be willing to swap their company notes for notes for any other subject. It is my last one and struggled with it so would really appreciate it 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

anybody heard from LS re applications. Only 4 days to go and still nothing up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Nothing yet, though the application deadline isn't for another 13 days, so we may have a miracle that the law society will give us more than 3 days to apply for something. You'd think after a whole year of a pandemic and running things online that they would have this figured out by now...

Advertisement