Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2021

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Its an issue for World Rugby to address. Anecdotal comments made during the match that pressure was applied to agents and players by clubs to turn down selection. A figure was thrown around of around 20 players being unavailable for selection for a variety of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Oz v France series on sky afaik

Yes saw that announced. Maybe we will get Rugby Championship covered live.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

basill wrote: »
    Its an issue for World Rugby to address. Anecdotal comments made during the match that pressure was applied to agents and players by clubs to turn down selection. A figure was thrown around of around 20 players being unavailable for selection for a variety of reasons.

asolutly - really is disgraceful that 20 players made unavailable , if that was the case game should have been cancelled , unless they were treated fairly, so much for equality in test rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

While I'm sure players were pressured by their clubs, as I mentioned in the general thread it would be 2 weeks quarantine beforehand then probably more on return. Which would have made the decision a lot easier for those players who stayed with their clubs.

It's a shyte situation for all involved. What I don't understand is comments criticising the NZRU for the result. I'm sure everyone involved in the game was happy it went ahead even if it was one-sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The NZRU should have insisted their tries would only be worth one point and started with 13 players. But they hate fairness and they're not sound at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Finally got round to watching the ABs v Tonga. One thing that stood out for me was the pace in the ABs team. The wings and FB are quick, Ioane at centre is a genuine speedster and the halves are very fast as well. In the forwards, Akira and both hookers are very quick and the locks can move as well. Add in both Barretts on the bench and Reese, Rettalick and Savea who weren't even in the squad. I don't think I've ever seen an ABs team with that much pace across the park.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

2021 Rugby Championship (and the stand-alone Bledisloe Cup tie tomorrow) picked up by Sky, at literally the last minute.

https://www.skysports.com/share/12374188

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Sky seem to be playing a game of brinksmanship with respest to their secondary rights. They yesterday announced Bundesliga rights, 8 days before the season starts. It seems that if there aren't (m)any other takers they like to take it to the limit. I suppose after paying extortionate money for the PL, they need to watch the pennies for other rights.

Advertisement