Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Heres a line up to moan about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Aye I know I know, bad example but you know how these tour cycles work, if the larger acts miss this year/start of next years window in Ireland, they'll just skip us and push on with their tour. Could be up to 3-4 year before they're back.

So aside us missing them a massive loss to the industry here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

True and Electric Forest in the states could snap them up which usually occurs on same dates as EP, in fact that can be bothersome too electronic acts onto the North American leg missing out on the Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Hey my mate said the weather in Quebec is nice late September, maybe we can move the Picnic there, who's up for it.

My Galway festival buddies Gearoid, Caroline and Gavin on the opening day of Electric Picnic 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Poor old Jimmy Lees Juke Joint in the background, shortly before it's Pogue-induced demolishing.

Realta - Earth Ship Stage - Body&Soul Village - Electric Picnic 2013.

Bjork - Electric Picnic 2013.

Some say there's a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow......

(2011)

Main stage (2011)

Forgive the shitness, screen dump from a boards incompatible video file format taken on a Sharp GX10 (I think) in 2005.

Main stage 2005

Main stage 2019

Come a long way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

i always look to see am I in the background when anyone puts up pics!!

loving all the posts!

• Advertisement

I'm sure we all do that. You could always put one of your own up, Rfrip?

Kevin Keehan and myself - Electric Picnic 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

ITAV is a cracking little festival!! The pool, raves in the arcades and wandering between people's "houses" really made it special. Can they still be a thing now??

The real bed, shower and a kettle probably helped too!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭wotausername

Same, im always looking in the background 😁😊

The Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77 - Electric Picnic 2010

Blue Statue - Mindfield - Electric Picnic 2009

Strange Mirror in Mindfield - Electric Picnic 2009

My good friend Jeremiah O'Dea at his only Picnic in 2009.

Setting up camp on the Friday 2009.

New 2 day festival in Kinsale, Cork on 11th - 12th September, don't know capacity or if its a test event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Laois County Council say EP can apply for a new licence. But not for 70,000.

https://m.independent.ie/news/electric-picnic-organisers-can-re-apply-for-new-licence-says-laois-county-council-but-not-for-70000-fans-40730197.html

That's seemingly all they said. So maybe 69,500? I also see Luke O'Neil saying in another (paid, so can't link) article that EP should go ahead based on vaccinated numbers...

Unless they can split the audience over two weekends if they can retain the same lineup, win win for me would give me two weeks at Stradbally. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

From the radio interview from the 2 local TD's last week they said if they proposed a 5-10K festival like the early days they might get the go ahead (but we all know that is not viable for EP).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Mucker46

While i dont think EP will go ahead these comments from LCC feel a bit like oh s**t what have we done and how can we allow something to happen that keeps EP in Stradbally while saving us face with the electorate. Would be interesting to see what is the biggest number they would approve. Whatever the number anything below the number of tickets already sold likely not to work for Festival Republic so cant see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭endainoz

And on it goes, can still see FR applying to Punchestown instead but it would need to be pretty soon rather than bothering with pandering to Laois CC. But who knows, people could do with some clarity over the next few days re tickets.

I know refunds have been available since they announced the new dates a few weeks ago. Would be interesting to see how many took them up in the offer, as well as how many took refunds from last year's cancellation. Impossible to put a figure on it I know but say 20k decided to get refunds and they could re apply for a crowd of 50k. Might be easier to get the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Mentioned on the radio this morning that Dermot Desmond to discuss government this week about EP to going ahead. Apparently 16th Aug is deadline to be able to get EP organised in time, so should be an interesting week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I hate to see the negativity and downright animosity against Laois over their decision about EP

Laois and stradbally have been fantastic hosts for EP over the years

punchestown is a pure unadulterated kip for hosting festivals. I shudder remembering oxygen there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think FR said on their social media posts that they would update ticket holders within the week, so id say yea by the end of this week we should know if its 100% off the cards for this year.

Pack it in, ye shower of absolute bastards. It's over. I cannot be doing with these morsels of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I was thinking the same as Endainoz.

See how many tickets have not been refunded between last year and now and try again with that.

But to be honest, they would probably still say no unless the capacity was reduced to something like 50%. And I can't see that being a runner for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭endainoz

I totally agree, Stradbally is a way better venue but I do see it as a quick fix option for them. But hey it's only speculation, I'd still prefer punchestown than a watered down version in Dublin for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Why does anyone think Punchestown would provide a licence? It's not a different Country and Kildare CC will be every bit as circumspect.

I'd suggest that Stradbally would be licenced for 20,000, or maybe up to 30,000 on a day-ticket basis, no camping on site, no alcohol to be brought in.

That'll be the equation for FR to work on. So, as they said to Garth Brooks, do you want some gig, or no gig at all.

Advertisement