Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Any truth in the Ramsey rumours or is it idle twitter nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

There better not be, he was always injured at Arsenal and he has someone managed to get on the pitch even less at Juve between being injured and rubbish. He completed 90 minutes a grand total of 4 times in two years at Juve, 4! He's also making an absolute fortune (double Mo's current salary!) in Italy so he won't leave unless he gets the same or Juve pay him off. I'd rather the club sign no one than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Messi then once we sell Shaq & Origi 😂

Pearce say it happening so it must be 🤣

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would be mad to have him for a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Edit: Text Deleted

Post edited by GiftofGab on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think he would want a longer contract with good money so it's either PSG or City.

If it was City and with United already spending heavily and Chelsea heavily linked with Lukaku what do people think if we went for Harry Kane? (Pure speculation, never going to happen)

Is he a Klopp type of player?

On a different note - I see Minamino scored today in a pre-season friendly and now some guys on social people saying he should be given more of a chance in a Liverpool shirt. The guy has done absolutely nothing for either Liverpool or Southampton. He's not even premier league quality. Doesn't have the ability to stamp his authority on a game. Sorry but I see him as deadwood.

Biggest day in football news since Super League fiasco and this forum is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Barca coming out publicly blaming La Liga for Messi not being able to stay, it's all mind games, I fully expect La Liga to back down. No one can afford him, would be mad to spend a pound on Messi, he brings nothing to City, weakens them if anything, so hopefully they get him, and pay him 1 million a week. Means they can't but anyone else

It will be PSG, especially after the holiday pics he had on Instagram.

Messi in the french league is such a waste of talent.

Neither Messi or Ronaldo will win another CL. Anyone who signs these players now are choosing the players profiles over trophies , and that is sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Yeah. There would have been hundreds of posts today on the old site. Sad.

Why oh why do they insist on keeping it hidden away in groups?! Makes no sense. Just move it in with the other sports forums.

Are there even moderators any more? Hardly any need given the volume of posts. Surely they must see hiding the forum away in the broom closet is killing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

There's a link to the soccer group/forum on the homepage. I don't see the difficulty in finding it.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's not that difficult to find. I just think there's not much people posting on the new site. I think somebody put up that posting was down 60-65% overall on the new site. I can see this forum going downhill from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

When you opened the old site you straight away seen a chat was happening and clicked in.

Thats not happening now.

It's incredibly easy to find.

One extra click

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

I think the slowness of the site is having an effect too. It’s too slow for a page to load, and too much choice out there now for people to be bothered to get to grips with a new layout too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Must depend on what device you're using or what browser etc. I've no speed issues on chrome on mobile at all. There were some last week, only in soccer but it's the same as any other forum now for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

I’m using a pretty old iPhone but no other problems with slow loading on other sites. Must try the desktop version though.

The mobile site is very fast to load for me. Maybe clear cookies and restart browser.

The slow loading was fixed a few days after the original update AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Mostly running fine for me too. Just the notifications. I tried message with the settings but no better yet

Pearce reporting that the major rebuild will start next summer

There’s an acceptance among the club’s hierarchy that the squad needs to be refreshed. I’d expect that process to really step up a gear in 2022. They can’t allow too many of the players to grow old together. That was one of the factors in letting Wijnaldum leave for nothing. The overhaul needs to happen gradually. For example, you can’t find yourself in a position where you are trying to replace all the front three around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I remember when he was in Southampton and did well initially there was quiet a fee posters waxing lyrical and how he should be playing for us and not on loan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

No chance Klopp would have let him join Soton on loan at such a crucial time (injuries and the like) if he had a future. Its a classic case of hoping he would catch fire for another EPL team and we could sell him for big profit in order to reinvest.

Talk about him having a big future at Liverpool etc. is lip service. Classic bluff tactics, we are not mad to sell the guy but if the bid is big enough then maybe....

City sign Grealish, and now looking at Messi, so Grealish will be someone to sit on the bench week in week out. I'm sure if they knew then what they know now they'd have not bought Grealish, and instead got Messi only.

Taking pride in how frugal Liverpool are is getting boring though.

I doubt City bought Grealish without knowing about the Messi situation. I still believe they go for Grealish + Kane even with Messi on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's been known for weeks that they're not in a position to even be able to register their new signings. I think they're still in a hole even if Messi and Griezmann go. The others will probably have to take paycuts as well.

Laporta said Barcelona’s losses doubled from about 200m euros to 400m euros. The club's debt recently was at more than 1 billion euros ($1.2 billion), and that wasn’t only because of the coronavirus pandemic.

- Independent

€400m+ losses in a single year is utterly absurd. I don't think Bartomeu couldn't done a better job **** the club up if he had tried.

I'd be surprised if they qualify for Europe next season. A relegation battle is far from off the table over the next few years.

Whatever your thoughts about our transfer business, I think it's useful to see the far end of what's possible with reckless and incompetent management. We might worry that we won't have what it takes to beat City, or win the CL, but at least we know the team will still be around from one season to the next.

We should be kicking them while they're down and nabbing Pedri off them. €70m looks a bargain.

Newcastle contacted the club about Phillips. He’s for sale for £12m to £15m.

Clubs interested in Origi are reluctant to match the £15m Liverpool are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

We can slug it out with United & Bayern for Haaland

I think it’s more slug it out with his father and his agent for those wanting to sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

Liverpool should be all over Bernardo. Covers midfield and front three and at 26 is the right age profile. It won't happen though 😪

I wouldn’t want Sliva anywhere near our squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If there was another player with every bit of Bernardo's ability and age etc, I'd take him in a heartbeat. But Bernardo seems like a bit of a....I won't say what.

If Liverpool are planning on a major squad rebuild starting 2022, I think the most important contract is Juergen Klopp’s. Assuming they are not going to buy a whole team in one summer, any signings going forward will require input from a long term manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A player made for Atletico if ever there was one, and that’s who he’s being linked with too. They truly are a perfect match.

They seem to be the most prudent of the Spanish teams, rarely going for the top/most expensive players and selling well. There is a good chance Athletico could be the dominant team in La Liga for the next few years.

This could be a good time for other teams to pick up a few City players at good prices. If Sterling/Mahrez/Silva/Jesus/Laporte stay, there could be a lot of unhappy, agitated players in the squad. Doesn’t make for a happy dressing room. Personally, I’d take Sterling back.

They pay some of the highest wages in world football and dropped 100m on a player last year and their manager is the highest paid manager in the world so I’m not sure prudent is the right word for them.

• Advertisement

If we sign no more players* I still think this team will put up another 90 plus points total, I'm convinced of it. Look at all the other teams pre-seasons, they do not look as organised as ours has been, games cancelled/postponed, no trips away that I can tell, more of their important players getting back late. Liverpool look like the only team that have gotten away for a few weeks with most of the starting squad (minus the Brazilian's), away from any distractions. Salah and Mane had 7 weeks off, they probably havn't had a such a break in years. Lots of wins in the opening 10 games is what I'm predicting.

*I think we'll see one or two come in towards the end of the window as I think the last week or two will be a mad scramble across Europe.

Ah, sorry, forgot about a young Portuguese buck, what I meant was the likes of Mbappe/Haaland/Messi. Considering what Simone has done, I'd say he is worth it. They do seem to do good business in picking up talent and selling them on for a good price, rather than the RM/Barca model of paying vast amounts then dumping them after a year or two at a huge loss (I hope there isn't loads of examples of them doing that as well).

I've flip flopped on it a few times but I'd take Sterling back too. Not sure how much City would want for him though and I'd say we're bottom of the list of team's they'd sell too if he was available, apparently the directors/behind the scenes guys at both clubs don't get a long at all.

City aren't under pressure to sell anyone for financial reasons but as you say half of their attacking players must be looking around wondering how much game time will they get. Laporte is a mad one, was their saviour when he was out for most our league win (mad how one CB can torpedo a season but three missing is excuses) but comes back and Pep has no interest in him now.

Also seems that the mid table teams haven't improved their squads to much, possibly with the exception of AV. Chelsea for me are going to me the main threat to MC and Liverpool, assuming MU don't pick up a stricker. Pogba leaving could knock them back a bit, if Messi goes to PSG, I reckon Pogba will stay.

Chelsea's squad is huge and strong too, think they're a little weak at CB but they have so many good players they can cope with being slightly weak in one area. Lukaku will definitely be a problem if they get him. City I think may be a little light in the midfield behind KDB. Fernandinho is too old now and I'm not sold on Rodri. I think United have a pretty good team but Ole will probably be enough to stop them but team's can out perform their manager so I wouldn't completely write them off still being in the mix in March/April/May.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Can't think of many more unlikely signings tbh. Liverpool fans hate him, he hates Liverpool fans, that whole failing to clap Liverpools guard of honour and subsequent tweets afterwards, I have him pegged as a grade A ****, so yea, no thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I don't care if we got sterling for nothing I wouldn't want him back,his carry on with Gomez was childish and petulant. How anyone would want him back after that I will never know

And will we ever know how Gomez picked up that injury on England duty.......

I'd take Aguero on a free for a season as 4th choice now , 15 years after Rafa tried to get him.

Aguero wants out of his deal with Barca now the club is a total mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Do you think Barcelona would be interested in Origi or Shaqiri in a swap deal? We could give them Karius too to seal the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Good to be back lads

The way is now that probably couldn’t even afford one of them on half what Liverpool pay them.

Aguero is a few years to late to be taking even on a free sadly considering he’d want 250k a week even as a bit part

• Advertisement
Advertisement