Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Got the sweating myself. I never sweat when asleep usually and definitely not to the extent where, like you, my bed sheets ended up actually wet. That was two nights in a row. Never happened to me before. Safe to say it's a side effect of the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

After the first Pfizer shot I was knackered the following day & fell asleep on the sofa after work. The second one had zero effect on me on the other hand. Well my arm was a little sore both times but that's the same as from any vaccine injection I've ever got, a bit of light stretching sorted it out pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Sleeplessness is one of the side effects listed for Pfizer. I had it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

But 2 weeks post doses ? That was the only thing that made me think nah maybe its not

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I had the sweats and felt like crap for a couple of days after the second Pfizer, wife was pretty much the same.

Have to say if a booster is offered this winter i'd be hesitant to go though all that again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Vaccine: Pfizer

Dose 1: Sore arm

Dose 2: that night I woke up in the middle of the night, I thought I was dying, never felt pain like it in the bones of my body and I was shivering from the cold... Sharp pains in my joints on the side of my body I got the vaccine in.

Nearly a week in, and I am still breaking out in the sweats, proper hot flushes!!! Still have a sore arm and sore shoulders and neck. Now I'm one of those people who is always tired, so the fatigue is nothing new to me, but I'm struggling to sleep lately, with all the above issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Pfizer vaccine.

Jab 1: Arm sore at injection point. No other symptoms.

Jab 2: Arm sore at injection point. Slight temperature the next day and moderate brain fog day 4 and 5 after jab.

All fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Nothing after my first dose of Pfizer except a sore arm for 2 or 3 days. I got the second dose on Tuesday and have the same sore arm but was tired and had a headache last night. Took some ibuprofen but I’m fine today. My arm is still a little sore but even that shouldn’t last long. I got off lightly!

Are people getting a follow up call to be asked if they had any side effects after taking the vaccine or are people self reporting if they have side affects?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sore arm with dose 1 Pfizer.

Got dose 2 lunchtime Tuesday. Started to feel crappy after dinner, and that turned into full blown fever and being bed ridden.

Stupidly didn't take anything until lunchtime Wednesday. In an absolute heap until bedtime Wednesday. So much shorter than a real flu or covid.

Moral of the story, try and arrange a day off work next day and for young kids to be minded. If you're not ill, you've bagged a duvet day! Take 2 panadol as soon as you start to feel a fever setting in/feeling bad. Once you get in the bed, it's very hard to get out of it. Bring lots of water/fluids with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭TimeUp

Sore and stiff arm after first as well as second dose. Pfizer. I think I caught covid a year and a half ago though, so maybe antibodies helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Relikk

Had my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on the 27th of last month. Had the usual sore arm for a couple of days, but every day since then I've had a persistent phlegmy build up in my throat that I need to clear every so often, and my breathing feels a little heavy during the day. This is unusual for me under normal circumstances, so it's why I'm putting it down as potential side effects.

Today I feel particularly ****, very tired, headache, slight burning sensation in my chest and throat. As far as I'm aware I haven't been exposed to anyone exhibiting COVID symptoms, so again I'm putting it down to potential side effects of the vaccine. I initially put off getting the vaccine for a month or two and this is the reason why. Dreading the 2nd dose now.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Had shot two of Pfizer yesterday PM. Surprised how bad I feel, really thought I’d get away with it (for no reason whatsoever other than blind hope).

Feels very much like flu - started around 3am 12 hours after vaccine - aches and pains all over (still have these), shivers, then fever, and also kidney pains like a kidney infection. Paracetamol and bed for awhile will hopefully get me through quickly! The other poster above was bang on about bringing lots of water to bed, standing up is the most unappealing thing in the world right now.

Grateful to be done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 purplecorn

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭pale rider

Astra Zeneca

Tinnitus within a day of 1st dose, never had it before, it’s rotten.

GP has given up, everything normal after an MRI and audiology tests.

now on the quack cures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Had Pfizer 1st dose yesterday afternoon, got a fever yesterday evening and was feeling tired. Today I started having lower back pain. I also have a sore arm.

Did anyone suffer from lower back pain after getting Pfizer?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Pfizer. No side effects from either dose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 2zefirki

10 days after second Pfizer.I sweat and loosing my hair(from my head).and I am freaking out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

A week after Jansen ,severe pain in my back neck and shoulders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Apart from a sore arm, both doses of Pfizer didnt leave me with any side affects. Developed a cough (for 4 days) a week after the 1 jab but not sure if it was vaccine related.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Another awful nights sleep, hoping this comes to an end sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

I've been feeling unusually exhausted this week, 2 weeks after my first Pfizer dose. Had to lie down at one point as I was feeling weak.

Seeing other people here report side effects also after 2 weeks makes me think it might be vaccine related. Might not be though, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Update to this - it’s the next day and I feel absolutely fine again. Literally 24 hours of those symptoms and they’re gone. The miracle of science! Drank extra water to give my kidneys some help.

@Amouar lower back pain can be confused with kidney pain and vice versa - and after having a chat with someone yesterday about this they pointed out that your kidneys work hard to eliminate toxins etc from your body when Ill and that’s the probably what mine were doing after the vaccine - makes sense that they tell you to drink loads of water to help flush yourself out after the vaccine. (Not official medical advice, if it still concerns you definitely seek a doctors advice). Hope you’re feeling better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

F, 32

Vaccine: Moderna

Dose 1:sore arm, felt a bit tired for 24 hours

Dose 2 (yesterday): feel like I've been hit by a truck, aches and pains all over. Pounding headache, shivering and fever last night. No appetite. Intermittent hot flushes. Praying I'll wake up a new woman tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

Did anyone get the scutters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Pfizer dose 2 yesterday. I discussed how painful my arm was last time with this vaccinator and she said it was probably related to my upper arm muscles being tensed at the time of the injection. She spent a few moments getting me to relax my arm and find a comfortable relaxed position before inserting the needle. Last time the needle was inserted quite suddenly before I even expected it, so my arm may well have been tense - I was gripping the chair arms I think.

So this time I just had a mild pain in my upper arm on raising it above shoulder level. Already much improved 24h later. Relieved not to need assistance dressing myself this time given I live alone! Today I feel mostly fine, a very mild headache and feeling a bit off, as if I hadn't slept. Grand though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yes, from 1st dose lasted the better part of a week.

2nd dose tomorrow, hopefully not more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Phizer, vaccine one sore arm to touch and reduced movement for about 12 hours

Vaccine 2 sore harm to touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Just wondering if you were a terminally ill 90 year old and you suffered these side effects what would be the outcome?

Advertisement