Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

The sloping roof also limits the headroom in the back a bit. Do all models have the ability to slide and recline the back seats like in Bjorn's video? I presume there would be some way to lock them to stop the kids having a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Have been watching some reviews - EU and US ones - on this as it's really piqued my interest. The Doug Demuro review really shows how large the interior and boot space is. I love the extras like the magnet (perfect for a phone) to the cool reclining seats and the interior/exterior V2L.

It's too expensive here, I can't believe I'm even considering a Hyundai priced beginning with a 6 ! I think the removal of the 5k grant and vrt relief is killing that model here. You'd have to be an idiot like me to even consider one. I'd be getting it to trade in 3 years for either the cybertruck if available or if not the Ioniq 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Are there any dealers in Leinster that already got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

O briens in mullingar have one to test drive. I'll be ringing them first thing in the morning to book one

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Mooney's have one South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

Kearys in Cork have one now too. Test drive in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

I wonder how this car will fare after the novelty wears off?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Hi,

Sorry for a potential stupid question here, but am I reading this right?

The price on the Hyundai Ireland website says the IONIQ 5 Premium Plus is €53,495 and says that this includes the VRT relief and €5,000 SEAI Grant for Private Customers, so does that mean the original price was approx €65k and the price has come down to €53k after VRT and SEAI grant has been applied or is it that the €53,495 will be reduced downwards to €45k (ish) when the grant and tax relief have been factored in??

if it’s the former then it’s much more expensive than the two garages that I spoke to thought it would be before the prices were released!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Post edited by eclipsechaser on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There's a whole lot of extras on the premium plus. V2L, sunroof, a whole bunch of safety stuff that really should be standard, those laziboy type seats (I'd never use these), HUD, powered tailgate etc. etc.

• Advertisement

There's a whole lot of extras on the premium plus. V2L, sunroof, a whole bunch of safety stuff that really should be standard, those laziboy type seats (I'd never use these), HUD, powered tailgate etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LuigiSham

Mc Nallys in Ballymahon.

supposedly all garages have one now.

with more on the way on the 10th of December and more in March.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Must have 2. Seen someone say Middleton had one, and Kinsale road have one too. I took a drive by on it, and I wasn't too impressed. Thought the front was the nicest end of it but today it was a bit of a let down. Certainly looks smaller than the ID4, yet it's bigger. Well done there.

Shame about the middle of the road spec. But bye bye Kona sales. Makes no sense to buy one anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

Day ran away from me. Solid car overall and really is bigger in person than you’d expect. Our current cars are a Fiesta Ecoboost (1.0 150hp) and a VW Touran (1.6D). Inside was very spacious. Some of the materials are on the cheaper end for sure to hit the price point but only obvious if you touch them. Took the back roads around the airport and car handled well for it’s size.

It’s well placed to be a good seller in that price category

Some niggles if I had to pick, there were some false lane warnings over a road with no lines but it’s a single tone and did not continue. There also seemed to be times where the steering would auto correct, I could feel it pull away from where I wanted it to be - haven’t had that happen in a car before.

Kearys have three in stock and no confirmed dates for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's definitely not bigger than is expect. I expect an absolutely oversized hatchback machine with a nice front end and middling rear end. Huge yolk

"there were some false lane warnings over a road with no lines but it’s a single tone and did not continue. There also seemed to be times where the steering would auto correct, I could feel it pull away from where I wanted it to be - haven’t had that happen in a car before."

No changes than since the 2016 Ioniq 28kWh 😂

That's exactly what the old car was like. A bit unnerving when you are new to level 2 autonomous driving, but you get used to it. The good thing is that the system is always on (when you go over 60km/h). Unless you switch it off. Which you do want to do sometimes on very narrow roads where it has no benefits anyway and the beeping is annoying.

Same system in the Kia. I turn it off every single time.

I don't do much motorway driving, so I never thought i'd miss the LKAS of the Ioniq, but any time i'm on the motorway now I miss it. Just takes any concern about drifting over lines etc away if i've to throw an eye on the kids or adjust the sat nav etc. The basic lane keep in the ID.4 is far far far too softly softly and honestly I wouldn't trust it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Saw one parked outside H garage in Tullamore yesterday, usually they look better in the flesh but felt underwhelming, didn't even bother go for a lookie in the window

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I saw one today in Kilkenny .Feels like the kinda car you need to be standing beside to grasp it's dimensions . Only saw it driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

As for the Ioniq 5's range on a full charge, this depends on which version you go for. Official figures are up to 240 miles for the 58kWh rear-wheel drive, up to 300 for the 73kWh rear-wheel drive and 287 for the 73kWh four-wheel drive.

That's from WhatCar review.

200km is a bit mad to even consider for a huge company like Hyundai in 2021.

The cd of .288 is about right considering the competition. Boxy or not, there's a load of aero stuff that is invisible to anyone not looking at their CFD tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Sat into one today in Hyundai in Kildare Town. It was a white one, looked impressive from the outside and is about the size of a Tuscon, dwarfed an old style Ioniq which is was parked beside. Sales guy said there is huge interest in this and thinks they will only get 14 to sell. He could not talk prices or trade in values as they don't know the actual margins etc at the moment.

Realistically he said March 2022 delivery and come back in October to discuss pricing.

I was not too impressed with the interior, it does have a lot of space, but 3 adults in rear definitely a struggle, boot is small, frunk is useless really. Sharp design, no test drive though. Nice car, but not really for me, will be waiting for EV6 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Probably this one?

Brian has put up quite a good video comparing sizes (Ignore kW/kWh)🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dwkY-Iao7c

3 Adults in the rear is a struggle with the majority of cars on European roads in fairness.

What Mad_Lad said. 3 adults in the rear my Model S would not be the most comfortable, and it's about the biggest, widest car there is (short of minivans / large SUVs)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Had a look at the Ioniq 5 this morning at Hyundai Wexford. It was a 58kWh Premium Model in white with the dark leather interior.

First impressions, loved the exterior , white suits it with the contrasting trim. Inside, not so sure. It was quite bland with the charcoal seat colour. Didn't feel very premium, sort of utilitarian but very practical if you need the room. Back seats sliding and reclining was nice, but not sure if would be much use for us. The info displayed is similar enough to our Ioniq, just more of it, so felt at home. An exception was the control switches under the screen which are on a silver strip, found them difficult to read without moving your head because of reflection. Actually a lot of the info on the two screens is quite small, not great if you are getting to the stage of needing reading glasses. 🙂. In my ID I have no problem reading anything..

Liked the gear selector by the wheel, best place IMO. In our classic Ioniq I still often have to look down to change (Mainly because it's not my main driver). But it seems a bit odd still having to turn on/off the power and handbrake and get all the chimes. Most cars now you just get in and drive, so much simpler. Noticed on the history of last trips, that the range was between 16 and 30kWh/100kms.

Was offered a drive, but declined due to a bit short of time. The garage knew very little about the car as yet and noticed the pricing/spec is down atm on Hyundai's webpage. But I think this one was about mid spec, not sure of price. I am sure in a higher spec and for me a lighter interior it would feel nicer.

Edit, see the pricing is back on Hyundai Ireland. This model is 45K plus metallic and delivery. I think better value would be the 73kWh Executive Plus at the same price. The half leather may look better IMO.

Post edited by eagerv on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Don't know what everyone else was in. Drove the 58kw premium today, white leather interior, absolutely beautiful. Such a comfortable drive, great day position, find the sliding console very handy. I'm 6,3 and day in the back with ease. Probably would be a squeeze with 3 adults, but I have 2 kids, so would be fine. Loads of boot space, they have tried to squeeze every last inch of space out of it it seems. Thinking hard about putting my name down on one.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

Wow did someone say a wait till march!they're nice though if a bit pricey-still waiting on my kuga phev-next month they tell me👍

Advertisement